Type 2 Diabetes is Reversible!

jen13

Hello,
I agree with the author of the The Reverse Diabetes Diet book on your Book website: Type 2 diabetes is reversible. I also agree that most of the diabetes books out there are a waste of money. After my 11th book, I bought the book called "Death to Diabetes" about 2 years ago. At that time my husband was facing insulin shots because the metformin wasn't working anymore after his doctor increased his dosage and added another diabetic drug.

My husband didn't want to go on the shots, so he was willing to try anything if it would delay going on the shots. Within 3 weeks, my husband's fasting BS returned to an average of 101 mg/dl (5.6 mmol/l)(from the low 200s (11.1 mmol/l). Within another 3-4 weeks his post-meal BS reduced to 110 (6.1 mmol/l) (from a previous average of 170 (9.4 mmol/l). So his doctor delayed putting him on insulin.

By the 3rd month he lost 37 pounds and also lowered his blood pressure -- his doctor was shocked but encouraged me to continue with my meal planning (which was based on the Death to Diabetes diet program). His doctor reduced my husband's blood pressure and diabetic meds.

After about a year, after a complete physical, my husband's doctor told him he could temporarily stop taking the diabetic meds and the blood pressure drugs. When he returned for his 6-month check-up, his doctor said his blood work was excellent: 89 BS, 4.9 A1C, 115/85 BP!!

The bonus: during this time because I was eating what my husband ate, I lost 22 pounds! and I've never felt so full of energy! So I recommend the Death to Diabetes book to non-diabetics as well as diabetics.

p.s. The Death to Diabetes book was written by an engineer who almost died from being in a diabetes coma. His program is based on science and clinical studies, plus his program is measurable and easy to verify. His program is based on eating lots of veggies, plant oils, beans, nuts, juicing, etc. while avoiding flour, HFCS, PHO, processed foods, potatoes, pasta, etc.

Sincerely,
Jen

p.s. You can find the author on YouTube talking about his recovery from diabetes and insulin shots -- he's tells funny stories about the doctors and the drugs, but his talks are informative.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Great news, Jen. Its wonderful what a proper approach to diet can do. There is an feeling in the population that if you've got something wrong, Drs have got a medicine for it.

They do, of course, tell diabetics to eat a healthy diet, but as they teach a diet rich in starchy carbs, it just doesn't work. Your diet is basically what I eat. No obvious carbs. It change my life from crippling neuropathy to playing tennis again within 3 months. Two years on I'm still fit & well.

We are, of course, still diabetic, as we find out with dietary indiscretions.

I'll look up that web site.

bufferz

Yes, I think the title of this thread is a little misleading, i was half expecting a new daily fail article, as it is not really reversing diabetes, which would give the impression that you can become cured

C

catherinecherub

I'ts hardly reversible. It is containable for some, but not all type 2's. A lot depends on how long you have had diabetes before a diagnosis is made.
It might help a newly diagnosed if they did not have this forum but it is all here and free of charge. :D :D

dollydreamer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tories
hi
its not helping me with my eating disorder and type 2
i'm hungry and just eating at moment - i've gone too long without food and am in middle of a binge, just so hungry - tomorrow im gonna start again and eat properly - i wont give up

dollydreamer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tories
hi feeling better now so stopped eating - not too bad really but i shall be very careful tomorrow to have better planned meals and so on so that i can avoid feeling bad like today, and then bingeing. but ok now

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi dollydreamer, :)

You are quite right, having a planned menu is the way to go, as it gives you a structure and something to work to. :D

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
mobrien said:
Sales pitch from the States

Yes it is and the book is expensive at over £33 :shock:

That's the bad news

The good news is you can read it FREE of CHARGE, online here: http://tinyurl.com/ycojsx3

Never let it be said I'm not good to you guys... 8)

Sharlieboo

I'm scepitical that it could help those of us with Type 2 who cannot afford to lose a lot of weight.

I'm 36 with a bmi of 23. There's not an awful lot of room to lower my high bg by losing weight alone.

I'll give that 'free' link a bit of read though just in case there is something magically different there to what I am already doing.

td101

I agree with Jen: You CAN reverse type 2 diabetes.
I used to be one of those people who was very negative with a lot of apathy towards my diabetes.

After reading it seems 100s of books on diabetes, I had given up hope.Then, my wife told me about a friend of hers, who had gotten off Glucophage and lost 41 pounds. She went on the Internet and downloaded his program -- it's FREE! I was impressed with that! -- not having to buy ANOTHER book.

In the meantime, we watched some of his videos on Youtube, which were helpful. For an engineer, he told really good stories that were educational.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-LBLOPgGJw

Within the first 30 days, my blood sugar average came down from 157 to 101. So, since it was working, my wife went ahead and bought the book "Death to Diabetes". After 90 days, my BS average was down to 89.4. My A1c went from 8.8 to 5.2%. After 6 months, my doc took me off all my drugs, including the blood pressure drugs. He asked me how I did it so I gave him my copy of the Death to Diabetes book. He read the book looking to criticize the author, but he actually liked the book, and was impressed with the author even though he's an engineer!

In fact, he kept the book, and I had to buy another book. But, this time I went to the author's website even though the book is more expensive than from Amazon; plus, my wife wanted his cookbook. I got 2 free CDs, a free DVD, a meal planner, and a free consultation with my order! I also got a free invite to one of his webinars or teleseminars, plus a lifetime newsletter subscription, and a bunch of other stuff!

But, what REALLY impressed me was that after about 60 days, his office called me and asked me how I was doing! I talked to one of their diabetes educators, and she put me in touch with the author, who was teaching a class. He took the time to talk with me and my wife and encourage me. I could tell he was very busy, but he stayed on the phone and answered all my questions, and my wife's questions!

There is no other place on this planet where you're going to get that type of service FOR FREE! And, I checked his consultation fees, which are expensive -- but, given what I learned, I would have gladly paid for the consultation.

It's clear to me now that I WAS THE PRIMARY REASON WHY I SUFFERED WITH DIABETES -- I WAS TOO NEGATIVE AND FULL OF APATHY. Now, I am trying to help others realize that it's within YOU if you have the courage to get better.

It's easy to complain. It's difficult to take responsibility for your own health and stop complaining and blaming others.

DEATH TO DIABETES: It's free, it's online at: http://www.deathtodiabetes.com plus the website has up-to-date research and other information abut diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, etc.

BEFORE I GOT WELL: If I had read this post when I was sick, I would have passed this off as another person trying to sell a book.

BUT: You don't even have to buy the book! But I'll bet that most of the comments will still be negative.

Why? Because you're in a negative place where it's easy to take shots at people who are doing better than you.

Hopefully, some of you will take the chance and become the person you're meant to be.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
[quote="td101"It's clear to me now that I WAS THE PRIMARY REASON WHY I SUFFERED WITH DIABETES -- I WAS TOO NEGATIVE AND FULL OF APATHY. Now, I am trying to help others realize that it's within YOU if you have the courage to get better.

It's easy to complain. It's difficult to take responsibility for your own health and stop complaining and blaming others.

DEATH TO DIABETES: It's free, it's online at: http://www.deathtodiabetes.com plus the website has up-to-date research and other information abut diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, etc.

BEFORE I GOT WELL: If I had read this post when I was sick, I would have passed this off as another person trying to sell a book.

BUT: You don't even have to buy the book! But I'll bet that most of the comments will still be negative.

Why? Because you're in a negative place where it's easy to take shots at people who are doing better than you.

Hopefully, some of you will take the chance and become the person you're meant to be.[/quote]

You're right, I do have a negative comment. You have made a negative comment that you bet most of our comments will be negative ones...that's very negative of you. :wink:

Here's some information for you dear. People come here as a pro-active approach to managing their diabetes, I don't see complaint or the blame game. Oh sorry, I do..we are in a "negative place and taking pot shots at others who are doing better than we are".

Tell you what. How's about YOU staying on the forum and answering people's questions..you have the expertise so why not share it? Not everyone has the time to read the book and besides, I'm sure some people would like some answers to relevant questions ie the type 2's who are not obese but actually skinny..how do they adapt the info in the book so they too can be "cured"?

Look forward to your regular input. 8)

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Diabetes is reversible? Crack open the chocolate hobnobs.

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I only read this as new comments were posted but what noice is that both enthusiastic supporters of this book have still only made the 1 comment each on the site, so maybe (just maybe, it's a possibility) I'm cynical and think that they were made up accounts to try drumming up sales for this book i've not been bothered to read despite their best efforts-oh and my blood sugar reading is fine despite not reading the book thanks for asking!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Totally with you on this on Gappy, its just spam, Ive not read it but I dont need to as Ive reversed my diabetes (well controlled it) with just the info on this forum and a handful of books I read.

Why everyone wants to rewrite low carb diet books is beyond me, oh yes, its to make money isn't it ;)

jest

I have had the same result with just cutting carbs to less than 30 a day. I don't need a book to tell me to do it. As far as reversable...I say it is controlled or managed, not reversed. If it were reversed, I should be able to go eat 3 donuts and have normal bgl's.