Ibuprofen

Bridie9408

Hi can anyone tell me is it ok for type 1diabetic to take ibuprofen. I have pain in my neck but not bad enough to go to doctors it's just annoying.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I’m type 2 and was told by dr to not use ibuprofen as it’s dodgy fir diabetics and blood pressure.’however when I hurt myself a while back chemist said if you need it to reduce inflammation it’s fine.
Having said that my BP is good so if I need the odd dose I will but I usually use paracetamol.

have you tried a heat compress /hot blanket?

Reactions: Bridie9408

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As far as I know there is no reason why a T1 (or T2) could not take Ibuprofen - there are a couple of reasons why you can't take them given on the leaflets you get with them - such as already taking aspirin, or having things like kidney, heart or liver failure, and whilst diabetes is mentioned somewhere down the long list, I'm pretty sure that just as a fallback just in case - many things have that written on them.

I had some just yesterday :)

LindiePops

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to take Ibuprofen (part of my long term pain relief) and only stopped when my diabetes began to cause problems with my kidneys. Hope you feel better soon x

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It gave me kidney problems and anemia even though I took it with food and within the guideline dosage.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any problems with Ibuprofen seem due to long term and persistent use, if the OP has a neck ache and takes a couple of tablets I can't see that is going to be a problem.