Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Another busy work day. Yesterday was busy and not very nice, I was told by a guest that I was rude because I gave plates of food to his family incorrectly. But he didn’t take into account that I’m short with short arms and legs and there was no way of me reaching his daughter in the middle of a six person table without the plate slipping out of my hand. So ya girl had to cut corners and her dad didn’t like it. I had no intention of being rude, what was worse that the wife and auntie knew they had to leave before 20:30 but they didn’t back me back up and just let the husband man have a go at me.

But anyway, BG a bit high at 14.6, it was either kebab or diabetes being naughty.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I hope everyone is having a great Saturday. I've had a second sleepless night due to alarms saying falsely that I'm too high or hyp0ing badly when my blood sugars have been a stable 5. I even got a false reading of 1.5 during the night on Glimp, even after entering calibrations earlier. I think this current sensor has gone a little crazy. Well, more than a little crazy.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope everyone is having a great Saturday. I've had a second sleepless night due to alarms saying falsely that I'm too high or hyp0ing badly when my blood sugars have been a stable 5. I even got a false reading of 1.5 during the night on Glimp, even after entering calibrations earlier. I think this current sensor has gone a little crazy. Well, more than a little crazy.

Hi,

I'm having a great day, thanks for asking.. Awoke at 4.8. & something in the post which has brought crimbo forward & warmed these winter months..
"A generous benefactor Mr Cratchet, indeed!"

Hmmm, something in the air with the sensor?

I use Glimp & fitted a new sensor Thursday night? I've also been getting some manic inconsistent vertical zig zag readings within the first 16/18 hours of use on this one... (Most the time they're OK after the initial breaking in period?)
I've noticed they normally go on the skit towards the end of the 14 day life? Though, I have managed to squeeze an extra 6/8 hours of consistency with some sensors..

When it's right. It's bang on within 0.2 of my meter..

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning!

Blimey, it's a whole new look from a smartphone. I have always accessed the forum from my laptop before today. But I have finally got my very first smartphone!!!!!

So, today is devoted to reprogramming myself.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning!

Blimey, it's a whole new look from a smartphone. I have always accessed the forum from my laptop before today. But I have finally got my very first smartphone!!!!!

So, today is devoted to reprogramming myself.

Hi Japes - I don't know if you are accessing the forum in your browser or using the App with your smart phone. In my view, they're very different experiences.

To be honest, I very much prefer the browser option as it appears just like a little laptop screen, but others prefer the App.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon everyone, I hope you enjoying your Saturday. No work for me this weekend and I'm to the cinema later on to watch Last Christmas
Just used my Libre then an advert came on the TV at the same tome, a perfume from Yves Saint Laurent, called Libre for women :wideyed: so next time I'm in town, I will go and have a look at it. Anyone used it ?

Reactions: porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
How can you sleep that long. Even if i got to bed at 03.00 I will still be awake and ready to go by about 08.00
Must have needed it! I don’t set an alarm if I don’t need to, so just sleep as long as my body needs. Sometimes I wake at six, sometimes this late. I have been doing lates and night shifts this week though.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Japes - I don't know if you are accessing the forum in your browser or using the App with your smart phone. In my view, they're very different experiences.

To be honest, I very much prefer the browser option as it appears just like a little laptop screen, but others prefer the App.

I am using the browser (Chrome). I was happy with that. I may well try the app to compare and decide later on.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Must have needed it! I don’t set an alarm if I don’t need to, so just sleep as long as my body needs. Sometimes I wake at six, sometimes this late. I have been doing lates and night shifts this week though.

Yep, that's how I do it. If I've slept that long, I've needed it, though I'm more inclined to sleep longer when it's darker anyway.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon everyone, I hope you enjoying your Saturday. No work for me this weekend and I'm to the cinema later on to watch Last Christmas
Just used my Libre then an advert came on the TV at the same tome, a perfume from Yves Saint Laurent, called Libre for women :wideyed: so next time I'm in town, I will go and have a look at it. Anyone used it ?

No, as I don't use perfume, but I've thought of us all every time that advert has come on!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Dabootie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I do my last night shift I limit how long I sleep to 4-5 hours in an attempt to get a normal sleep pattern as quickly pattern as possible.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Happy Sunday:)
Awoke on a 5.2, :happy: I enjoyed the film Last Christmas better than I thought, it made me laugh and Emma Thompson as the mum played a great part, so, any film that you would like to see, ignore the critics ( what do they know lol:rolleyes:) and see for yourself.
images (2).jpeg

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
When I do my last night shift I limit how long I sleep to 4-5 hours in an attempt to get a normal sleep pattern as quickly pattern as possible.
I went to bed around 11pm last night and woke up about an hour ago, so pretty good for a normal weekend - I’ll not snooze today and go to bed relatively early, as I’m on days this week. 6am shift on Tuesday, which means getting up at 0345. Loop seems to be handling things well, 97% in target for the last month, 99% for the last week. Sensor change today, after soaking the new sensor for 24 hours, seems to be spot on from the start then. Things don’t seem to be too bad on the BG front with shift work, I’m finding, I’m just a bit knackered and don’t know what day it is half the time!

Reactions: Marie 2

KPD

Type of diabetes
LADA
I have. It's light with a touch of citrus - It's my favourite atm.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Your girl is doing a okay, unfortunately I’m still running a midgen high - between 9-12 since antibiotics. Now that I’ve finished them, I’m running around 9-10 in the morning. I don’t know if I’ve gained weight or my infection is still lurking but I’m not too keen on increasing basal again. I’m seeing my consultant tomorrow so I’ll ask him. I’m still doing double whammy boluses for food so I don’t know if I’m just a fattie with a growing winter body. Does anyone increase their basal during winter or colder months?