What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Yesterday's laugh. Fellow on next berth has new boat (to him). Was invited over for a coffee. Spotted he has same marine gas cooker as me.
He said how clever it was that the same knob worked the oven and the Grill (??!!). The Grill at the top of the oven, he showed me. What the proverbial! I've had my boat for four years without the pleasures of grilled bacon, chops, steaks, fish........arrghh. (Homer says d'oh)

FBG 7.7 at 0530. Clear eyed and feeling a bit better about life, with my "new" grill.

Ahh .... bacon! :) Good game too yesterday -- I caught the last 20 minutes.

Reactions: trick60 and mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
mayyoursundaybe-min.jpg
Thank you @SaskiaKC

I am just getting up now!

Have a good night's sleep

t2221.gif

Reactions: mojo37

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.4 today which I am happy with after the drive home in appalling weather after the Manchester gig last night.

Today's activity, who knows? I know Mrs MC booked Sunday Lunch at a local restaurant but other than tha I will take it as it comes.

I wish you all a day of enlightenment, peace and fulfilment.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a distinctly cold and humble Gatwick hotel. Can't be bothered to rummage through everything to find the testing kit so have an average fbg since October - 5.5. Not liking that average much at all but meh bedtime one is 5 (still a bit high IMHO). Sunday before Advent so time to dig out Christmas jumpers and deliver Advent calendars. Blessed with 2 great stress free flights and a fabulous week now for the lessons to be mulled over and acted upon. Fitbit and body clock still on Pathos time so woke around 4.30 uk time < 4 hts sleep. As I hoped resting hr below 60 after no alcohol - there is a gym here but with that level of rest I wouldn't put in a proper shift. Have the best day you can. Paslm 29 verse 10

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. I am back in the game with 5.3. I have never felt so good after any eye injection as this one, its like it never happened. God bless gentle Gerald.
Very misty here as morning breaks. Today I begin the icing of the first Christmas cake, the marzipan, and will do the Royal icing in a couple of days, to take over to my brother next weekend. I hope I can get it through Customs as I have been feeding it copious amounts of brandy since September!
Whatever you all do today enjoy your Sunday.
Stay well, stay safe.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. I am back in the game with 5.3. I have never felt so good after any eye injection as this one, its like it never happened. God bless gentle Gerald.
Very misty here as morning breaks. Today I begin the icing of the first Christmas cake, the marzipan, and will do the Royal icing in a couple of days, to take over to my brother next weekend. I hope I can get it through Customs as I have been feeding it copious amounts of brandy since September!
Stay well, stay safe.
What a great start to your day and having scanned UK papers and cricket score from New Zealand I needed some cheer so thanks @PenguinMum.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stay well, stay safe.
I do like a good Christmas cake, especially with a bit of cheese. Unfortunately for me Christmas cake does not now reciprocate these feelings of warmth and affection. Good luck with your smuggling plans.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening folks, day 3 of 4 consecutive busy days, Mordor ( London ) bound shortly.

This morning was a surprising 6.1, unfortunately I had a low in Staines yesterday and my blood sugars were all over the place for the rest of the afternoon, but I was ok to drive home later that evening ( 14.1 ). Mrs J is driving today, I have yet to tell her.

Well folks, stay well hmmmm that's 2 of the 3 wells I am allotted today, first I must check on the garden well.......whoops that's them all gone now.
Have a great day and as somebody said their is always someone who would willingly swop their day for yours.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a quiet and calm, silently breaking dawn, here in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of pushing wheelchairs, great grandmothers and close calls in the lift came in at a bingo callers 4.4 this am

I have capitulated to the constant nagging of the chimp inside, who, for nearly a year now, has been banging on about the advantage of multi cookers. So, a Black Friday deal and a crock pot express is now zooming it’s way up some motorway to eventually be placed with utmost care and attention in my porch. I expect that my old slow cooker as well as my pressure cooker , which resembles something that could be fired from a bombard, will now end up pride of place in a charity shop window.

Yesterday was a creamy chicken, ham and leak pie - using a mixture of cauliflower and various cheeses to make a top crust and then placed in a white enamel pie tin with a blue rim (very important). Today will be a 7 hour coq au vin. The first line in my french recipe book says “take one proud cockerel” - stumped at the first crease. It’s so much easier in France, just go the the local charcuterie and buy it already cooked, as much as you like. We will also be celebrating the 160th anniversary of the publication of Charles Darwin’s little ditty, “The Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or The Preservation of Favored Races in the Struggle for Life” by comparing the accents of local sparrows and finches.

Have a wonderful and fulfilling Sunday if you can, consider the hippopotamus major if you can’t.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do like a good Christmas cake, especially with a bit of cheese. Unfortunately for me Christmas cake does not now reciprocate these feelings of warmth and affection. Good luck with your smuggling plans.
That's just ruined my Crimbo!:banghead: I love Christmas Cake and Christmas Pud, I had foolishly forgotten it might no longer like me! Perhaps if there is enough alcohol in it it may negate the effects on my blood glucose readings.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had a a thought - I wonder if they could be prosecuted under the Trades Description Act?
In a word 'No' Krystyna they are not traders or a business as defined by The Trades Descriptions Act and do not provide services for profit...although many of their suppliers do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debandez and jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
then the morning spent at the British Museum visiting the Troy exhibition which has just opened
I love the British Museum one of the haunts of my youth Krystyna & Bloomsbury has a special significance for me...I worked in a publishing company just at the end of Great Russell Street for several years...carefree lunches with colleagues...no real responsibilities...happy days indeed.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a better sleep last night getting back on the right road finally...just a little bit snotty & could certainly do with an energy boost...woke to a 6.5 I'm not surprised it appears that any deviation from the righteous path (Beechams./Cough syrup & many other additional comforts) has a delayed effect on my BG's... what to do about that nothing...the priority is getting better taking the ups & downs then back to work.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 and had a bit of a sleep in, which is what you get for giving the brain too much exercise ;)

Yesterday's clients are happy and have reached the "Oh no, what do I do with it now" stage, today I'll get three more set up and send them off to play :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, I’m way behind so will just post quickly before swimming with granddaughters this morning. Family break is really enjoyable so far.
Fbg this morning 5.1 yesterday 4.8 I’m under no illusions that I’m doing anything particularly good or clever. The amount of bottles in the recycling bin will testify to that and probably explain the lowish numbers!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's just ruined my Crimbo!:banghead: I love Christmas Cake and Christmas Pud, I had foolishly forgotten it might no longer like me! Perhaps if there is enough alcohol in it it may negate the effects on my blood glucose readings.
My take on Christmas is I will have a small amount of forbidden food once. So one small roastie, one chunk of roast parsnip, one small bit of stuffing at dinner. I might have a tabsp of Christmas pud (last year I didnt). I think eating a bit of Christmas cake with cheese as @dunelm mentioned might work well combining fat with carbs. I do steer away from the Quality Street though because if I have one I have ten!
Thats the plan anyway.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

was 4.7 yesterday and 4.8 today

another darkish and slightly soggy morning here but quite mild :)

I find that I go to bed and get up later these dark days, probably because the house is warmer in the evening ;)

Shopping yesterday but apart from that we didn't do much. I did do some batch cooking after we got home though, I like to do some basics in batches and stash them in meal sized portions in the freezer, stuff like mince, meatballs etc. so I'm feeliing quite virtuous this morning :angelic: :hilarious:

Lunch over at mum's today so it's going to be cottage pie (a favourite of mr gee and his mum, comfort food for the 'dreich' weather), made with root veg mash and topped with cheese, lots of broccoli on the side and some extra carrots for mr gee, my bit has less mash and more cheese :D.
For afters I've made a baked custard (sweetened with truvia - but don't tell on me ;)) and mr gee and his mum will have some stewed fruit with theirs.

Hope your day treats you kindly :)