What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love your take on Monday! :D
I hope your appointment goes well -- good luck taming the beast!

The KittenCat wants me to put down the tablet and turn out the light, so ...
^. .^

Night night, sweet dreams @SaskiaKC
t2220.gif

t2221 (1).gif

t2230.gif

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 today, not sure what I think about that, a bit high for the start of the day, @Debandez your information from the Libra experience probably explains yesterday's reading appearing low after food intake, all what's going on hidden away in between readings from my Dracula, thank you.

A wet day so no muddy cycle ride for me but a day of preparing for the arrival of Tuesday and the fitted wardrobes.

Listening to the rain it's going to be easy for those out and about to dodge the rain drops, they are huge.

Don't let your day disappoint make it something wonderful.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a fairly early start for me could have stayed in bed but once I'm awake I'm awake!...things seem to be settling down apart from my FBG woke to a 6.9 no doubt still the residue of my flu...was planning to go to London today a quick trip to the office TBH not in the mood for that...so will potter about here at home tie up a few loose ends get myself together...London tomorrow.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is funny. I did something similar. I was really fed up with my last car because I could only play CDs in it and couldn't play my music on a flash drive because it didn't have a USB port. I had the car for 4 years and the day before we part exchanged it we found the USB port.
I discovered only this week that our two year old microwave is also a convection oven, grill and so much more. The kitchen oven has not been used all week.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why oh why oh why oh why do I have to clean my specs first thing every morning even though they are perfectly clean when I take them off ? It’s the spiders I tell you, or Mrs Miggins playing out a long run jape.

The wonder wheel of rejoicing over arrival of a Crock Pot Express gave an idolatry 4.9 this am and from the look of the graph, below, had been saving it up all night.

@jjraak - sorry to read about your emergency and hope that updates are favourable .

@gennepher - all the best for the cochleae appointment

@JohnEGreen - koffy - ouch! Funny - but ouch, I feel your pain. Try the half plunge: plunge slightly then raise - the grounds will then fall gently to the bottom, giving flavour - after one minute - plunge. Just a thought.

@Debandez - all the best at Blackpool

Have a great day if you can, contemplate the effects of a 7 hour slow cooked coq au van if you can’t.

upload_2019-11-25_7-18-11.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.6 annoying. Maybe two handfuls of walnuts wasnt a great idea after all. @gennepher hope the cochlear appointment goes well and any adjustments arent unbearable for you. @HarryBeau hope a quiet day at home will put that virus in the bin finally. @Debandez good luck with the presentation, you will be great. @SaskiaKC hope you and the KC have happy dreams.
Well its Monday and Mr PM working from home so that will cramp my style (no radio or noisy activity) but never mind.
Have the best one you can. Stsy well, stay safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hope a quiet day at home will put that virus in the bin finally
Thanks PM so do I...odd how for over a week I my BG was well within range for me despite the abundance of sugary remedies...now I am 'sugar' free levels are up & I expected them...on the whole I am feeling a lot better & grateful for that...just a cold lingering again expected that's mu usual experience...how are you this morning?

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, well the weekend has been and gone, which means only one thing...…………...Monday! do you ever wish for a weekend that lasts longer than 2 days? I do. What with fighting with the meter of doom all weekend, painting indoor units with outdoor paint (don't ask, and I don't know why just following instructions) and walking the twits, it doesn't seem long enough. Anyway enough of this a 5.1 greeted me this miserable damp morning, which is nice a week full of developing an Ash dieback course beckons I'm so looking forward to it (no, really) I wish good luck @Debandez with the presentation and offer hugs to @jjraak and hope that any further news is good. have a good day everyone and above all take care.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, well the weekend has been and gone, which means only one thing...…………...Monday! do you ever wish for a weekend that lasts longer than 2 days? I do. What with fighting with the meter of doom all weekend, painting indoor units with outdoor paint (don't ask, and I don't know why just following instructions) and walking the twits, it doesn't seem long enough. Anyway enough of this a 5.1 greeted me this miserable damp morning, which is nice a week full of developing an Ash dieback course beckons I'm so looking forward to it (no, really) I wish good luck @Debandez with the presentation and offer hugs to @jjraak and hope that any further news is good. have a good day everyone and above all take care.
I tend to have two weekends a week; the short, 2 day, standard one which never quite seems enough, and then the more useful and cost effective when going away for a bit, 5 day, stick it to the man type weekend.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. So, 8 nights away is how to get 8 hrs sleep and the highest sleep score in UK since that feature suddenly appeared. Fbg of 5.6 not pulling up trees but a worse one will be along another day for certain. Stepped on scales with trepidation but mildly surprised that only a kg added for all the rebooting, strange eating hours and especially breakfast. Looking after No 3 granddaughter today and after a month the extraordinarily busy Sky engineer is coming to deal with the stop start Sky Q box. @SaskiaKC loving the Robert Frost reference ( I do have a video of a lecture reappraising him which seems like sacrilege) I especially like Goodbye and keep cold. Have a good day folks. Ps 92 V 1 looks like a sound piece of advice.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening all, day four of 4 and Mordor part 2 of two beckons, already running late.
An expected 8.2 this morning, late night nuts and cheese !!

Well folks must go and renew my old flatulents rail pass and let the train take the strain.
Have a good day

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks PM so do I...odd how for over a week I my BG was well within range for me despite the abundance of sugary remedies...now I am 'sugar' free levels are up & I expected them...on the whole I am feeling a lot better & grateful for that...just a cold lingering again expected that's mu usual experience...how are you this morning?
You were probably eating a lot less...I do when I am under the weather. My cold is still just a head cold and runny nose so am hoping it doesnt progress, thanks for asking.