Guess this is progress

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
So sold my bread machine today! Figured I’m never going to be able to eat bread or dough ever again so no point.
Also took my second injection today and did it all by myself. Wasted one because I forgot to take cap off so when I did it went everywhere, but at least the carpet can now eat sweets

so I’m guessing this is progress. Taken me a while to get round to selling the machine. But it’s gone ☹️

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It is possible to make low carb bread in a bread maker.
I use mine to do dough then bake in oven then there is this.

"HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB BREAD IN A BREAD MAKER
My recipe uses the oven, but I’ve had people ask me about how to make low carb bread in a bread maker. I don’t have one, unfortunately.
So, I asked the members of my low carb support group (join here – it’s free!) to test it for me. And – good news – it worked!
To make this almond flour bread in a bread maker, simply follow the instructions as written, but instead of the baking step, use your bread maker. Make sure to choose the “quick bread” setting."

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/low-carb-bread-recipe-almond-flour-bread-paleo-gluten-free/

Also as there are those in my household who still enjoy the odd slice of bread I make normal bread for them.

Reactions: woollygal

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So sold my bread machine today! Figured I’m never going to be able to eat bread or dough ever again so no point.
Also took my second injection today and did it all by myself. Wasted one because I forgot to take cap off so when I did it went everywhere, but at least the carpet can now eat sweets

so I’m guessing this is progress. Taken me a while to get round to selling the machine. But it’s gone ☹️

On the upside, it'll likely have left space for another gadget, like an air fryer? :D

I know that's making light of things, but well done on getting to that place of acceptance. It matters over the longer term.

Reactions: Energize

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
On the upside, it'll likely have left space for another gadget, like an air fryer? :D

I know that's making light of things, but well done on getting to that place of acceptance. It matters over the longer term.
It will fit the IP!! Probably need to get rid of the toaster as well. Can’t use it can I!!

dint know why but I’ve felt down since, but stupid given it’s only a machine (and possibly doing my injection as well hasn’t helped) but just feel very low!

it’s all very pathetic

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not pathetic, proper self awareness like a grown up. We still feel like having a tantrum and throwing a fit but we don't, maybe we should :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It will fit the IP!! Probably need to get rid of the toaster as well. Can’t use it can I!!

dint know why but I’ve felt down since, but stupid given it’s only a machine (and possibly doing my injection as well hasn’t helped) but just feel very low!

it’s all very pathetic

In no time at all, you'll be used to those injections, and when you feel in control of your T2, it'll just be a tool.

You clung hard to your bread.

Have you discovered chaffles yet? I haven't tried them, as I've just never much been into bread, but for some they can be a decent sandwich style vehicle.

Chin up. You're doing well.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I love chaffles and so do Judith amd Melody I make them into pizzas put a little tomato sauce on them then add some pepperoni or salami and then mozzarella in the microwave for 30 seconds or so very tasty.

In fact I bought a waffle maker just to make chaffles.