all going well but craving cream....

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ok so 5 months in to LCHF and progress is good, HbA1c at 3 months good, self testing good (still a little high at fasting) weight loss good (7 kilo). Eating a bit off. I'm struggling with appetite (it's dropped off) not a big deal as I still need to lose weight but trying to be sensible....Craving, big time, cream and high fat yoghurt. For example I'll eat a crustless quiche, or veg and fish and struggle to eat a smallish portion then want to glug cream or wolf down yoghurt. Not a problem calorie wise as I'm really not hitting low targets but just curious. I guess I'm struggling to get the calorie count up and my body seems to be saying "more fat" but not cheese, which is odd 'cos I love cheese. Not really an issue just would welcome thoughts/experience.

Reactions: Auto E and jpscloud

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do :) just curious as to what is going on! Mostly if my body says "have it'` I do.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, it sounds like your body has become, or is becoming fat adapted and I understand that's good - very very good! I wish I could get there.

Coconut oil is supposed to be very good, as are animal fats, but the polyunsaturated vegetable oils are thought to be too high in omega 6 making them inflammatory as it upsets the omega 3-6 balance.

Avocado oil and extra virgin olive oil are also recommended.

Very well done with your way of eating - do you feel loads better?