No more insulin

gillytee31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had my annual review today. My blood test two weeks ago showed HbA1c of 28 and I had been told NFA but my practice nurse had spoken with the diabetes team at the local hospital today and they feel that HbA1c of 28 means I should stop insulin altogether and just continue to take metformin, then review in 1 month. Three main reasons for blood sugars reducing. Firstly I stopped taking steroids last December, secondly, I have cut down carbs considerably, and thirdly my husband died on October 18th so I have been eating less in general so have lost 2st, 1 more stone to go and my BMI will be in normal range. I am so pleased I can stop taking insulin.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my annual review today. My blood test two weeks ago showed HbA1c of 28 and I had been told NFA but my practice nurse had spoken with the diabetes team at the local hospital today and they feel that HbA1c of 28 means I should stop insulin altogether and just continue to take metformin, then review in 1 month. Three main reasons for blood sugars reducing. Firstly I stopped taking steroids last December, secondly, I have cut down carbs considerably, and thirdly my husband died on October 18th so I have been eating less in general so have lost 2st, 1 more stone to go and my BMI will be in normal range. I am so pleased I can stop taking insulin.

Wow, very well done. All I would say though is that insulin is a very effective way of lowering glucose and although I don't know what amounts you have been using alongside with cutting your carbs etc, don't forget to adjust accordingly when you no longer have the insulin. So sad about your Husband, hope you're able tolook after yourself. x :)

Reactions: jjraak

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gillytee31 - fabulous news on the insulin and that stellar A1c. My condolences on your husband's passing. It sounds like you've been through the mill of late.

Keep up the good work.

Reactions: jjraak and ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well done.
Its so sad about your loss. I hope you hv company to help you keep your chin up?

No insulin sounds lovely. Keep monitoring. You deserve good hba1c results.
Well done again :)

Reactions: jjraak

Majii

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi
I just had to offer my condolences after reading you lost your husband. I am glad you are focusing on the positives. Well done