What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Monday all.
DJC how much did you have...I'm pretty sure it's Monday today...actually I wasn't after I read that & had to check before I set off up the motorway:):):)...before I make a fool of myself were you being ironic.. .if so accept my apologies in advance.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
DJC how much did you have...I'm pretty sure it's Monday today...actually I wasn't after I read that & had to check before I set off up the motorway:):):)...before I make a fool of myself were you being ironic.. .if so accept my apologies in advance.
Have a thought for us poor old and young retired forum members it's hard enough keeping tabs on my week as it is without the two of you mixing us up :joyful: I also had to go and double check, especially as I am sat waiting for a delivery due on Tuesday! Now is that tomorrow? Hmmmmm.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@HarryBeau and @Muddy Cyclist whoops sorry! I only realised when reading back on the posts I’d missed and seeing so many people saying ‘Happy Monday’ and wondering how the whole forum was up and awake before me - then dawned on me it was yesterday. Doesn’t take much to confuse me - but yes HarryBeau I should definitely lay off the sauce for a bit - not enough brain cells left to waste them like that!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak I’ve only just caught up and read about your nephew. Your post made my scalp tingle and bought back memories of our vigil when my brother was in a coma. The NHS as you say, really does deliver when it matters most. Even when they can’t help medically, the kindness and compassion of the staff is what we remember - those mental hugs. I hope you get some good news soon.
@gennepher you are so right about trying to spread a little happiness where possible. I’ve had those small kindnesses offered to me and the memory of them still fills me with happiness. Such small acts but such a large effect.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a thought for us poor old and young retired forum members it's hard enough keeping tabs on my week as it is without the two of you mixing us up :joyful: I also had to go and double check, especially as I am sat waiting for a delivery due on Tuesday! Now is that tomorrow? Hmmmmm.
Ha ha its so dark here atm I think it isnt really the time the clock says but several hours earlier. Good luck with the wardrobe, dont envy you that. Lots of scratching of head and mutterings may ensue!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning. I know why though - poor liver recovering after the boozy weekend. I’ll have to live very frugally for a day or 2 in order to get back on the straight and narrow.
My Freestyle Libre arrived yesterday, I decided to self fund it for a couple of weeks, then maybe try a fortnight on every 2 months. I’m not putting it on this morning though as it won’t tell me anything I don’t know about today’s readings.
Now to read back over 78 posts I’ve missed!
Happy Tuesday all.

EDit to change Monday to Tuesday. Duh!
@DJC3 do keep us informed of how the libre works - I'm still debating whether to do as you are - try for a fortnight first then maybe the month before A1c, use the equivalent on a personal trainer or both. Don't know about others but I will be fascinated by what you learn as distinct from what appears on screen. No offence to anyone else but you seem to be quite grounded so an opinion I value (food choices and TV tastes notwithstanding). My big win for today is fitbit now randomly switched back to uk time:) I miss the sun at breakfast

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are not chasing their tails and feel the pressure is less today, a very special greeting to those have friends, relatives and themselves going through tough times. Me and me's hope all ends well.

An interesting 5.7 for me this morning, this meter is up to no good.

The BBC's work of science fiction and fantasy ie the weather forecast is a work of art this morning, I shall resume looking out of the front door.

Enjoy your day, remembering to look for the silver lining should you so desire.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on this rather damp but promising pre-bin opportunity.

The wonder wheel of up at 0400 and then back to bed at about 0500 gave a weary 5.6 this am.

Dried fruit have been soaking in prune juice overnight so will be making my Fakemass Cake this morning - or what’s left of it.
Mrs Miggins is off this afternoon with her sister doing a bit of respite for on of her sisters fostering colleagues so I can have some quit time with my current book, “A Confederacy Of Dunces”. Nearly finished so have my next one waiting in the wings, “Small Great Things” by Jodi Picoult. I hope that I can finish it.

@jjraak - thank you for your raw, good words. At a time like this, being there for your nephew and your family is the only thing.

@gennepher - so very frustrating and I cannot begin to know how this impacts upon you. Bread, cake, determinism - good for you.

Virtual hugs available in various sizes for all who need them. Have a wonderful day if you can, we really do only have the time that we are currently experiencing. Bins, think of the bins.

upload_2019-11-26_8-33-31.jpeg

Reactions: jjraak

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.

Can't say it's BG related, just posting to clear my head, apologies.

just back a few hours from hospital, sat an hour with my nephew.

Literally forcing, in the politest way possible, his reluctant brothers and sister
to take a much needed moment from their sad vigil to eat some food i brought up.
God bless them.

Little change..still and lifeless, apart from the beep of the machines.

We're all praying and hoping he pulls through, but the odds tilted slightly today,
but we hope and pray for a better tomorrow, regardless.

For all my railing against the poor quality and indecisiveness of the NHS re T2,
i SAW the NHS in it's FULL POMP. tonight.

Have always said when it's needed...........it's Par Excellence,
....and it was tonight.

Staff so caring, lovely & thoughtful ..taking time to makes us as comfortable as possible
without being in the way of them doing their job

He's still unconscious, yet i heard the nurses speak softly and politely to
him explaining what they were doing, and apologising for any discomfort.
(because someone was there..? ..maybe..though i believe that made little difference)

Hooked up to all the monitors, you appreciate how complicated we must be

That we can to do so much, be so full of life on a daily basis, take so many things for granted each day..YET ...
when we desperately need help, it's a plethora of devices just to keep us alive.

I hope he heard the words of love they all gave him,
I hope deep within, he's on his way back to the surface.
I hope tomorrow the news is better..

Love to all.
Hug those who are close.
call those who are further away.

There will never be a better time then NOW

as Nike say..Just Do IT.
yourself and all your family are in my prayers jjraak hope today is a positive one love hugs and best wishes to you all xx

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
woke at 5.30am to a 2.9 couple of jelly babies and back to sleep then woke to 4.9 got up and had breakfast and alls well ,have a good day everyone :)

Reactions: mojo37

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 do keep us informed of how the libre works - I'm still debating whether to do as you are - try for a fortnight first then maybe the month before A1c, use the equivalent on a personal trainer or both. Don't know about others but I will be fascinated by what you learn as distinct from what appears on screen.
Like @ianpspurs I would also be most interested @DJC3 as I am considering giving a libre ago. Good to know someone else gets thrown by what day forum posts are in, although usually other than when I am expecting deliveries I really don't care what day of the week we are in. :joyful: Days seem to go so much faster I'm convinced time's been decimalised.

Reactions: SaskiaKC and DJC3

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the first time I have managed to bin it the next morning. It served its purpose when I needed it/something yesterday.

So, I binned it all this morning, despite it being really delicious. If I do this eating a 2nd day, then I will be approaching double figures. So that is not on.

Have a good night's sleep @SaskiaKCHow brilliant that you binned it all this morning. Definitely a winner.

Sweet dreams.

View attachment 36921

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the first time I have managed to bin it the next morning. It served its purpose when I needed it/something yesterday.

So, I binned it all this morning, despite it being really delicious. If I do this eating a 2nd day, then I will be approaching double figures. So that is not on.

Have a good night's sleep @SaskiaKC

Sweet dreams.

View attachment 36921
Brilliant that you binned it all. Definitely a winner.

Reactions: gennepher

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Like @ianpspurs I would also be most interested @DJC3 as I am considering giving a libre ago. Good to know someone else gets thrown by what day forum posts are in, although usually other than when I am expecting deliveries I really don't care what day of the week we are in. :joyful: Days seem to go so much faster I'm convinced time's been decimalised.

Talking of deliveries, this is what was left of today’s delivery after Dennis reached the post before me! (A gift from a pal,
IMG_1420.jpg
another Libre user, of some protective film to cover it up if I go swimming. Luckily only 1 was shredded beyond use).

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 this morning. Last night I was planning to get out this morning to walk to the post office to return a package and try out my new coat in the cold. ... Now that it is this morning and 4 degrees outside and a warm KittenCat in my lap, I am rethinking that plan ...

72f42c46c7a264245df456b9fdccc5a0.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.3 this morning. Last night I was planning to get out this morning to walk to the post office to return a package and try out my new coat in the cold. ... Now that it is this morning and 4 degrees outside and a warm KittenCat in my lap, I am rethinking that plan ...

72f42c46c7a264245df456b9fdccc5a0.jpeg
Another cute ginger :) It seems the weather today both sides of the pond isnt very inviting. I have been really silly having ventured out to the shops came back without tuna for the girls. Am stocking the fridge for Mr PM and the girls while I am away Thurs to Sunday. Oh well another trip tomorrow then. Hope you and the KC have a cosy day.