My A1c is back

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Just phoned and its 46 , really happy with this considering exactly a year ago it was 106 , blood pressure normal weight down to 14 stone from 17.12 a year ago .

Feeling very pleased with myself. Started out on keto but got ill with the high fat and for around two months gone back to low calorie and under 130 carbs a day , wow I feel so happy . I don't mind blowing my own trumpet :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
And congrats keep on doing what's right for you.:)

And here is a trumpet you don't need to blow for your self.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Juicyj

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just phoned and its 46 , really happy with this considering exactly a year ago it was 106 , blood pressure normal weight down to 14 stone from 17.12 a year ago .

Feeling very pleased with myself. Started out on keto but got ill with the high fat and for around two months gone back to low calorie and under 130 carbs a day , wow I feel so happy . I don't mind blowing my own trumpet :)

Fantastic news, so very well done.:happy:

And I like the bonus of the forum and WOE.
It helps put us back in tune with our bodies.

No one size fits all, so sometimes we need to change things up a little

Nice to see the guidelines and testing still can have a major effect at differing levels, when required.

Well done you. :D

Reactions: WackyJacky64

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls

Congrats.
The importance of testing to find what works for your own unique body is often neglected.
We are not all the same, but there are so many paths which can take us in the right direction it is a matter of finding one that suits us. If one path isn't right for us we don't give up, we just try another likely one!
Any variation on Low Carb (from under 130gms right down to Keto) / Fasting (either IF or longer term)/ Calorie restriction are all candidates to be 'our best path to remission for our unique body'.