What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just saw a bit of James Martin's programme which showed a historic version of bubble and squeak which had no potato in it. Just cabbage, butter and beef. Cabbage is one of the veg that I can eat so I may well try that. I was sad that I wouldn't be able to have bubble and squeak any more when I went onto low carb. There's still hope for future food variety.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with the hba1c and other tests. I am confident you will be good. I am due mine before Christmas so will have to cross fingers and toes!
@PenguinMum, both you and @DJC3 will be fine - your results will be safely in the right place. I have more chance of winning the Grand National on a chair than ever sorting this out - but I may hopefully learn how to shift some weights properly. Forgot to say, @shelley262 hope you make a good impression tomorrow.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum, both you and @DJC3 will be fine - your results will be safely in the right place. I have more chance of winning the Grand National on a chair than ever sorting this out - but I may hopefully learn how to shift some weights properly. Forgot to say, @shelley262 hope you make a good impression tomorrow.
Thanks so much Ian...as long as mine is 38 or less (my personal threshold) I will be content but who knows! I love racing though not a fan of the National but I hope you on your chair make a big impression!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just saw a bit of James Martin's programme which showed a historic version of bubble and squeak which had no potato in it. Just cabbage, butter and beef. Cabbage is one of the veg that I can eat so I may well try that. I was sad that I wouldn't be able to have bubble and squeak any more when I went onto low carb. There's still hope for future food variety.

Interesting! I shall look it up. Sounds perfect for us lot.

David_A_Hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
2 reheated sausages left over from last night and a fried egg washed down with a cup of green tea and then a cup of freshly ground filtered black coffee.

Stir fry with fresh mixed veggies and some fake chicken bits (made from some fungus or other). Tasted bland, so I pepped it up with some curry paste, chilli powder, turmeric and yogurt. Another cup of green tea.

Moussaka with mixed salad (maybe I'll have a glass of wine, but, then again, maybe not)

Probably finish off with a fruit yogurt and some cheese with a few crackers.

Is anyone else still posting their daily food intake here?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late ‘Lunch’ as got back from swimming late and wasn’t so hungry: Greek yoghurt, coconut chia pudding and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Late afternoon: Carb Killa bar and black coffee.
Dinner: salmon fillets with creamy peppercorn sauce and mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
26-11-19
Breakfast Tea. 2 slices pain Kapnor to at with peanut butter. Was horrified to discover it has diminished greatly while I wasn't looking. Had to break the news to MrSlim - again. it's off his menu. Finding it quite difficult being the "strict parent" wish he would remember his own dietary requirements. It is his health issue.
CWC
Lunch. Avocado, tomato, and brebis cheese salad 2 slices of roast chicken. Tea.
Tea
Dinner was taking an age to cook so cheese and wine while I waited. And hour later same again.
Dinner was very late 9 15 before it was cooked. Beef bourginoine with small potato. Broccoli and sprouts.
Got the nibbles now so finished up the cheese.
Bedtime tea any minute
Not sleeping well. Either can't get to sleep. Or wake up after short while, then awake for hours. Am hoping extra wine and heavy meal might knock me out tonight.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@shelley262- I do hope that abscess is sorted out. I feel for you x. @Chook - touch wood the car is functioning but I still don't trust it. That was going on during my disaster months - car was in and out of garage for 5 months, came back from holiday to find 1/2 our bedroom ceiling on our bed, TV blew and so did the boiler. Everything replaced now though. Glad you escaped the flooding. Water damage is not fun. @Brunneria - I swore I'd put all my DGF in the freezer too. It is there but it took 5 days as it kept fighting me! @ianpspurs - tonight's result should cheer you. Good game. @Annb - let me know if you get set up on Copy me That and I'll add you to the circle.
Yesterday bed 6.3 FBG 6.6. It was my birthday but just a normal day with the school run which was wet and miserable. No. 2 grandson had asked me how old I'd be last week and like an elephant he never forgets! I was informed last week That's REALLY old! Yesterday going to school and coming back I was subjected to the 6 year old minion telling everyone at full volume - My Nana's 66 today! She was 65 yesterday but she's not now! At least he brightened the rain walking for loads of people.
B. TAG with ADOC. Managed to get into Aqua as a few went down with a bug.
L. Slice toasted LC bread with Philadelphia.
D. Air fried 4 thin lamb chops, roasted sprouts with balsamic glaze and the smaller celeriac chunks. DGF lemon drizzle with raspberries and cream.
And that was it. Too miserable out to do anything.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum & @DJC3 - Do you have a bug stewing in the background? Still , I'm sure the BGs will be fine. Best of luck with the tests.
I made a start on present shopping today. Still haven't started the cards but at least I'm getting something done.
Bed 6.9 FBG 6.7
B. TAG with ADOC. Still wet and miserable here. Usual school run. Back for about 20 mins then off to the chiropodist.
L. Slice LC toast with pate.
D. Made one of the Gino recipes. I'll add it to CMT tomorrow but for non users it's a pasta dish. Obviously use a LC substitute. I used one of the Dr Almond mixes. The ragu is a bit different. I used a wok. Finely chop about a couple of teaspoons of fresh rosemary. Finely chop a large onion. Add butter and olive oil to the wok and heat. Add the chopped rosemary and when it sizzles add the chopped onion and soften. Add 500g of pork mince to the pan, season , stir and cook for about 8 mins while breaking the mince down. Add fresh parsley 150g frozen peas and 250g mascarpone. Mix through and warm through. Add 2 or 3 tablespoons of the cooking liquid of the pasta to the ragu and finally stir through some grated peccorino cheese.
Take the pasta from the water with a lifter straight to the sauce and mix through - 4 servings.
Later , DGF salted caramel brownie with raspberries and cream.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
[QUOTE="maglil55, post: 2174652, member:
Yesterday bed 6.3 FBG 6.6. It was my birthday but just a normal day with the school run which was wet and miserable. No. 2 grandson had asked me how old I'd be last week and like an elephant he never forgets! I was informed last week That's REALLY old! Yesterday going to school and coming back I was subjected to the 6 year old minion telling everyone at full volume - My Nana's 66 today! She was 65 yesterday but she's not now! At least he brightened the rain walking for loads of people.[/QUOTE]

Belated birthday wishes. Kids! Aren't they cute? Still, 66 is practically a babe in arms - nothing worthy of broadcasting to the world. Em tells everyone that I am really old and will probably kick the bucket soon. I think she's already making plans to put me in beside her Grandpa. I plan to disappoint her on this.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 27/11/19
Breakfast: 3 egg, four egg white omelette, with little mushrooms, 60g baby spinach and 25g light cheese. Had 93g greek yoghurt spread on top when I was eating it. As I can't go without my yogurt
Lunch: 60g baby spinach and rocket salad mix, 90g sardines in spring water.
Dinner: 253g roast chicken breast, 100g green beans, 71g broccoli, 270g cauliflower.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Annb 66 is not old at all, but I guess young kids have a different view of such things. Happy belated birthday.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 first of all Happy Belated Birthday. Laughed out loud about grandson telling everyone your age, kids just say what they think, so honest. I seem to have beaten off a cold from the weekend, for now anyway which is good.
Today’s food is/will be:
Breakfast: slice LivLife toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: Ham & egg salad.
Supper: smoked haddock, herby yogurt, and tenderstem broccoli

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Don't you just love this weather - it hasn't stopped raining for 24 hours now. :mad:

@Brunneria - I gave up last night and binned the rest of my Lily O'Brian's chocolate discs - life is just too short to eat something that tastes that bad
@Annb - I wonder if your thirst might be a symptom of higher BGs - and I know that fuzzy headedness is a symptom for me when my BGs go above 10 - big hug coming your way, I felt rubbish all the time when I was on insulin
@DJC3 and @PenguinMum - maybe we should start a mini club for those doing all the right things but not getting the expected results :confused:
@DJC3 - Good luck with those tests - mine are due between Christmas and New Year (well, thats when I had last year's) - not the best time to be tested but when we try hard to lower carbs then that HbA1c is what it is
@SlimLizzy - I hope you got some good quality sleep last night - nothing worse than just lying there
@maglil55 - OMG, you've had a terrible time, fingers crossed the streak of bad luck is all over for you. Oh, and happy birthday for yesterday :)

Yesterday was a good example of my current BG problems - food for yesterday...

Monday bedtime test: 9.5
Tuesday FBG 8.6
Breakfast: Mozzarella chaffle (83g mozzarella and one egg) plus mixed spice then chaffled and topped with melted butter with two mugs of coffee (and a small glass of diet cola with my tablets - can't take them with a hot drink - they get stuck in my throat)
2 hours post breakfast: 13.6!!
Mid morning: Decaff coffee
Lunch: 8.6 - Small cheddar cheese salad and water
2 hours post lunch: 10.2
Dinner: 7.2 - Roast green veggies with halloumi
2 hours post dinner: 13.5
Bed time: 13.4
Drinks: coffee until lunch time then water

It doesn't make any sense!