Type 2 Type 2

Pulsar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’m type 2 diabetes for over 10 years I feel so depressed. I feel like giving up. What should I do ?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmm - just looking at your postings, I can see that if you were told that you'd become type one then it could be making you rather dispirited.
I haven't looked too closely though - perhaps you have been told you need insulin because you have been badly advised about diet - just conjecturing, but it is not at all uncommon for type twos - I was blithely informed that a baked potato with baked beans was a good choice - yeah right - but if I'd not been aware of food groups and a bit of Biology I night have believed it.
I have been lucky in that I went low carb from the moment I was diagnosed. Ordered a big lamb at the butcher on the way home.
I was diagnosed just over three years ago, and am doing quite well - I feel a lot better and am cheerful too. I only need to eat twice a day - but proper meals. I have bacon, sausage, fish, chicken, beef steak, pork chops, and a lot of salad stuff or stirfries of low carb vegetables. I have coffee with cream - real coffee from grounds - Lidl have very good ground coffee, and a good selection of veges, also frozen or fresh berries. It is hard to be dismal when the food is so good.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Well either you give up or you change things. What have you tried so far and what is getting you down?