What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've read that the rear view cats present their loved ones with is a polite and trusting behavior, inviting us to get up close and personal, presenting their truly 'private parts.' It's another ' this is my scent' thing. :D

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. That weatherman was too optimistic. Got a pale sun for about 10 mins. only. Maybe better today.

FBG 7.0 mmo/lt at 0530. Baby steps. Baby steps.

Only 48 hours to Black Friday. Will I get my (thing)? Need to get in first so I'm not letting on until it's mine!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a blissfully quiet morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of early rising, again, splurged out a 4.8 on waking at 0455 - it’s now stopped complaining and is squawking at 5.5.

Yesterday was mainly playing with my new crock pot express multi cooker, shoe polisher and whisky still (you wish). So for a trial, why not do the Fakemass Cake in it (thank you chimp, such a bold idea, I would have gone for soup - how silly of me).
Everything mixed up - but wait, do we have a cake tin?
Walk into town, 8inch cake tin for only four quid, walk home .
Origami lesson with bits of lining paper and butter. Someone said to measure round the tin with a bit of string to get the length needed for the paper and then add a bit for overlap. NO - be `Archimedes- measure the diameter, multiply by three and a bit and then add for overlap - After all, it looks like a pi tin.

Anyhow, an hour in the crock pot using the desert setting and one Fakemass Cake.

Have a great day if you can, bins await, must go and wake them up.

upload_2019-11-27_5-57-37.jpeg

upload_2019-11-27_5-58-2.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.9 and awake early. Always edgy before I travel, hate airports. Early tomo off to Dublin to see No 1 son. My friend who lost her dog a few days ago coming with me. She probably wont be in great form but her godson will do his best for her. @jjraak hope all is steady at the hospital still and a breakthrough will come. Funny about Marley my two dont do that but if I sit on the sofa they are there one each side of me nudging me to pull down the rug! @True Blue intrigued what your BF treasure is and hope you get it (otherwise we’ll never know).
Might close my eyes a while, too dark and early.
Hope Wednesday is good to everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning and it's not often I get side-tracked by Leonard Cohen, but 0600 and worth it. Hope your day ahead is good ;)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and. 5 7, I seem to be getting lots of high 5s and low 6 s of late and still loosing weight!

A full on day putting together the carcasses of fitted wardrobes yesterday, not too much swearing I promise. I am door hanging today but first the dreaded scribing of plinths, cornices and side pieces and then the even more difficult sawing to shape, wish me luck.

Monday night my son and daughter dragged me out to see Frozen II with my three granddaughters, youngest's first cinemas experience and she sat spell bound throughout, magical, not the film but being with family and seeing three excited youngsters.

Hugs for some, good wishes for all, enlightenment for those needing it.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if I can process everything posted this morning. So far my mind has needed to deal with Erica Jong allusions. Atkins diet, Leonard Cohen, whisky stills in IPs, image which appears to be a Nottingham cowboy and @Muddy Cyclist has a post for me to read. FBg was 5.5, all very meh. Weigh in day today - back to within .4 of a pound from before holiday (and under 12 stones) and resting pulse 57. I am never going to do LC properly for good bg control but it seems as though I can deal with other markers reasonably well. Have a great day even if, like me, you need a ridiculous number of layers, neck gaiters, gloves, hats and hot drinks even though the weather gals say it is mild. I need to think hard on Psalm 11 v 10.
Edit to add - wardrobes and Frozen ii to the eclectic mix above. Not sure I have the bandwidth for all this.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I had a small thin bar of dark salted chocolate in the night (hides....)

I was awake most of the night, ended up standing under the shower for a hour....

It's just the frustration of this cochlear thing. And today someone is helping me prepare the stuff I have already written on the whole debacle because I decided to go a lot further with it. It's just my initial panic when I make a decision that might involve a lot.

When I get back home gin and tonic will be involved.

But my problems pale into insignificance compared to others.

Hugs and prayers and hope and love for @jjraak and family.

Hugs and love for all those who need them

>^••^<

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...had a great day In London a quick stop at our office paperwork delivered...then out to lunch with a friend & her daughter in Camden...it was her birthday so I treated her to lunch in an Italian restaurant...the three of us ate a full meal with drinks when the bill arrived I thought they'd made a mistake...so reasonable I had to do a double take...got home shattered hadn't slept well the night before...thoroughly enjoyed the day...woke to a 6.1 heading in the right direction.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

was 5.1 yesterday and 4.4 this morning

drizzle, drizzle and more drizzle the last couple of days but at least it's not cold :) we were over at mum's yesterday morning to give her house a bit of a rattle :angelic:

Mum was off out on the bus to meet the mobile bank and do a bit of shopping so we gave the kitchen and bathrooms a doing, moved the furniture in the sitting room and vac'ed the carpets, not that it was particularly in need of major works but Mum is happier if she feels the house is 'ready' ;)

Mum had already been upstairs and made the beds up and dusted so everything is almost ready for the visitors who will arrive on Thursday afternoon for a long weekend.

Katy initially objected vocally to being popped into her bed, producing astounding volume and virtuosity for one so small :sorry: but she really doesn't much like the vacuum cleaner and runs away from it, which shows eminent good sense ;)

After lunch mr gee and I finished moving the remaining packs of heat logs and the pallet they came on so that there will be room for the next order ;)

When we left home earlier in the morning BT were working down a manhole further up the road, when we came back they'd gone and so had our phone and internet access :sorry: accordingly we had a quiet evening :hilarious:

It's all back on this morning thankfully :joyful:

Hope your day treats you well :)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all from a dark, foggy North the weather matches my mood, foggy, death by PowerPoint continues and fighting with doomy also continues it threw a vicious 6.9 at me this morning but am at the beginnings of Man Flu, which is worse than normal Flu by a country mile, so I will invariably be incapacitated by the end of the week with weakness and god knows what else! My wife's gonna love it! "Michelle I can't feel my arms" or "Michelle rub my back as I'm ill" or even "can I have a Beechams please I can't move" all replied with.....ahem...……"get them yourself you are taking the ……...poorly my ……...I have never heard such drivel you lazy...……" or words to that effect (I will let you insert your own expletives in the gaps! @gennepher I'm sure that you will let everyone know just what harm they have done to you with the update and subsequent problems and your GnT will be well deserved, @jjraak I can only offer hugs and a shoulder for the family at this time, to you all have a hug and a well done as we all need it and more importantly Take care and enjoy this Wednesday.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if I can process everything posted this morning. So far my mind has needed to deal with Erica Jong allusions. Atkins diet, Leonard Cohen whisky stills in IPs, image which appears to be a Nottingham cowboy and @Muddy Cyclist has a post for me to read. FBg was 5.5, all very meh. Weigh in day today - back to within.4 of a pound from before holiday (and under 12 stones) and resting pulse 57. I am never going to do LC properly for good bg control but it seems as though I can deal with other markers reasonably well. Have a great day even if, like me, you need a ridiculous number of layers, neck gaiters, gloves, hats and hot drink even though the weather gals say it is mild. I need to think hard on Psalm 11 v 10.
Edit to add - wardrobes and Frozen ii to the eclectic mix above. Not sure I have the bandwidth for all this.
Are you trying to save your own life or is it just the fear of flying?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great, who knew such things exist to take away all the fun of playing with sharp scissors with buttery fingers and making a great big mess. Best get some for the next one.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning. BS again mostly in the 4s or very low 5s yesterday so pancreas and liver behaving themselves at the moment. Noticed that carb levels have dropped from 20g to around 16g a day.

Wondered if possibly a 4g drop in carbs over the past few days was the cause of the extra good BS levels at the moment or was that small drop too insignificant to make a difference. Have actually not been very hungry so have been eating less overall over the last few was so that could possibly have helped.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A grotty 7.0 for me today, doesn’t bode well for HbA1c and lipids etc today. Appointment not til 11:10 so no coffee this morning which is making me more grumpy than the fbg!
Libre is in place but I haven’t activated it yet, people on other threads have recommended 24-48hr ‘settling’ time so that’s what I’ll do.
@johnpol hope your man flu doesn’t develop into full blown lurgy
@jjraak my thoughts are still very much with you and your family. I hope there is some good news today.
@gennepher I can’t imagine the frustration and upset you’ve been through with the Apple update effect on your cochlear implant. Take it as far as you can, they shouldn’t be so glib about these things, how dare they. Enjoy that g&t later
@PenguinMum hope your flight tomorrow isn’t too stressful for you, I know you’ll have a wonderful time with your son once there.
@HarryBeau the Camden restaurant is a good find, usually so expensive in those parts. Glad your fbg is heading in the right direction.
Now Dennis is barking downstairs at the bin men so I’d better be off.