Recently Diagnosed & would appreciate support

danielJP

Hi, I am new and this is my story.
A few days ago I was diagnosed Type 1 but have been in denial for well over a year. For a long time, I have been feeling unwell, drinking large volumes of orange and apple juice, eating chocolate and take aways but struggling with the effects of being tired all the time!
I have always been active in life, squash twice a week, swim when I can, walks in the pack etc so I am disappointed in myself that this has happened to me!
I don't know how to deal with my condition - life changing doesn't come easy. Even now, I had a hot chocolate this morning - it was just instinctive.
I have been prescribed metaforin tablets (four a day) and have been felling better.
Can anyone else relate to this. i welcome your feedback.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Daniel and welcome to the forum :) Some Type 1 members will no doubt be along soon to share their experiences with you. In the meantime here is some information for new members that you will hopefully find interesting and useful.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17088#p155405

LaughingHyena

It's a lot to take in all at once. I was diagnosed just under a year ago and for the first couple of weeks felt like I did nothing but log blood sugar, insulin doses, food and exercise.

I did make some new habits though and things have become a bit more routine. I still have to think and plan more than I used to (eg making sure I order prescriptions in time, taking my meter and glucose tabs with me) but it's not as overwhelming as it was ad first.

For your hot chocolate I find the cadburys options range is pretty good, I started with a few of the sachets then bought a big tub of my favourite.