What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...no need to look out the window or open the curtains I can hear the rain from where I sit...apparently we have some sunshine due at the weekend… not sure if I slept well or not time will tell...politics & coffee for breakfast...woke to a 6.3.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and a 5.2 for me today. Lots of aches, this wardrobe fitting is quite a work out, hope to finish today. Have to fit in Dentist and Choir rehearsal this evening but certain I will get it done.

Fill your day with brush strokes if its a blank canvas, add colour in the gaps if there are already some brush strokes on it.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. To have two consecutive mornings with fbs in the 4s has never happened to me ever before. Yesterday was another day in 4s and low 5s. I think I have worked out what is going on.

Dropped carbs by 3 or 4 grams to around 16g a day and cut down total calories to around 1700 s day because I am just not feeling hungry. This - I have just realised has dropped my weight from 10st 1lb to 9st 12lb - which must mean I have used some of my glucose and fat stores which has improved blood sugars.

If course this theory might be absolutely wrong. My good blood sugars coincided with buying new socks so it could just as easily have been the new socks that improved my numbers.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If course this theory might be absolutely wrong. My good blood sugars coincided with buying new socks so it could just as easily have been the new socks that improved my numbers
Based on my understanding of this LCHF diet and the readings I get, it's definitely the new socks :joyful:

Morning All. 5.8 and now off to Gatwick.
Have a good day. Happy Thanksgiving. Stay aell, stay safe.
Have a safe and enjoyable journey.

Morning all. Three days to go and the local weather station's rain gauge is just shy of 200 mm for the month. This is bonkers.

FBG 7.0 at 0435.

Keep dry. Keep warm. Keep smiling.
I can recommend a guy named Noah he's got some good plans for building an Ark.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all after a fight with the meter of doom this morning a 10 was ceremoniously presented in triumph to me, as I'm feeling under the weather (the numbers are proving it) I slunk off to work, I have nearly finished the course I am making on Ash Dieback so I'm being mums brave little soldier (I wish she was still here) and am at work, how long for nobody knows. Happy Thanksgiving Day @SaskiaKC and you have a good one, safe travels @PenguinMum and thanks for the be better wishes everyone. I can confirm that Trixie and Sidekick Sid are in fact no good at all in being comfort blankets! they are very good however at being "Stand all over you with my paws in places that cause the most pain, whilst hitting you with toys" so I have come to work. Take care in this horrible wet weather.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We scoured pet shops trying to find non squeaking pet toys for our Labrador, we could not find one, he loves his toys but luckily never destroys them. However he's got two squeaky soft toys, one he pinched off the retail area at our VETS, they were hung up by where Pets are weighted, so we had to buy it, the other he pinched from the Kennels he stays in on occasions. For our sanity we have trained him not to squeak either, all we have to do now is train our granddaughters not to squeak them when they visit and that's a lot harder.

I’m very impressed that you trained him not to squeak the toy, but yes, I agree, training granddaughters can be a bit harder!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone who has survived to fight another day; dark, wet or otherwise.

The wonder wheel of misinformation, fake news and the death of daily politics stuck at 4.8 this am.

Our postal voting joke pads arrived through the letter box yesterday; oh joy of joys, break out the moldy bread, the rancid butter and the anti flatulence underwear. What a miserable listing of miscreants and ne’er do wells. Perhaps I should give it to someone’s dog?

Yesterday evening I made Enchaud de Porc A la Perigourdine in my new kitchen toy, crock pot express. Mrs Miggins was well pleased, “oh nice, pork with some vegetables.” See - even dishes of food are now treated like policies to be rubbished even if the idea was good. I blame that Boris Trump and the comedian Stuart Lee for calling his cat Jeremy Corbyn.

Anyway, that’s enough of serious political debate for at least a decade. Happy Trails to @PenguinMum, Happy Thanksgiving to @SaskiaKC and a tip of the hat and wink of the eye to you all. Koffy, time for koffy.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sad news about Clive James however just been laughing my head off...not sure if anyone remembers Margarita Pracatan who used to sing on his shows...just saw a clip of her on an old show & she did an impromptu performance on BBC Breakfast...still as funny & entertaining (terrible singer) as ever during her rendition of Adele's Hello...classic TV.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First of all Happy Thanksgiving @SaskiaKC and Bon voyage @PenguinMum
Not sure what to post as my fbg - activated the Libre yesterday and I’m like a kid in a sweetshop. I’m scanning every few minutes. At 6:20 it was 4.4 so back to sleep. At 7:10 it was 6.6! Got up made coffee it’s now 5.4. What I’ve learned so far - drink coffee.
I think I might try &Krystyna23040 ‘s method of buying new socks as well. Sounds as good a method as any.
Have a great day all, stay dry.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ahh they're doing their best john
yes they did their best, as they always do, I fell asleep on the couch when I got in from work and Trixie was doing her best to get under my leg as I slept! I woke up to a lovely drool patch half on my thigh and half on the couch! But I wouldn't have it any other way as they do make the best nurses (well if you forget about being hit about the face with toys after an eye operation, just because they wanted to play) yes brilliant nurses

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. To have two consecutive mornings with fbs in the 4s has never happened to me ever before. Yesterday was another day in 4s and low 5s. I think I have worked out what is going on.

Dropped carbs by 3 or 4 grams to around 16g a day and cut down total calories to around 1700 s day because I am just not feeling hungry. This - I have just realised has dropped my weight from 10st 1lb to 9st 12lb - which must mean I have used some of my glucose and fat stores which has improved blood sugars.

If course this theory might be absolutely wrong. My good blood sugars coincided with buying new socks so it could just as easily have been the new socks that improved my numbers.
Congratulations and I think that the sock theory has legs. It probably holds up just as much as any other theory. You will need to test it out using other socks but chosen at random by a third party who has no interest in socks. I am a firm believer that umbrella sales are the cause of all this rain that we are currently being deluged in.

Reactions: SaskiaKC and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another eclectic bunch of posts for me to make an attempt at discerning a route through this diabetic wasteland. So far I think I spot a narrow pathway involving buying new socks (in progress) a libre - but I must drink coffee (not that keen, will hot LC cocoa/chocolate work), buying an IP (got one of those) and making wardrobes (already in situ here and at next abode). Looks like the long barren spell of failure must continue for me then. Fbg of 5.5 fails to convince me I am on the right track for bg control - I'm sticking with resting heart rate as a metric for the moment. @SaskiaKC have a great Thanksgiving; @PenguinMum safe flight and joyous reunion with son. On another thread I keep reading about lamb chops and air fryers - both of which I have rejected previously. The magic of Black Friday(Which suggest <5% of deals are deals at all) is drawing me in. Have a great day.