Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
My first ever overnight sub 7!!

6.9 @ 5:16am . Before bed I was 6.6 which translates to only a 0.3 uplift. Yes I know these things have errors etc, but I’ll take those readings all day long! ;)

And in comparison my highest overnight fasting in September was 14.2. I can now truly acknowledge something is definitely going on in my body. I’m going for a HBA1C This coming week. These fasting numbers have gotta be reflected in a lower than the 89 HBA1C I had in September? Please?:(

JanetMcDowell

My first ever overnight sub 7!!

6.9 @ 5:16am . Before bed I was 6.6 which translates to only a 0.3 uplift. Yes I know these things have errors etc, but I’ll take those readings all day long! ;)

And in comparison my highest overnight fasting in September was 14.2. I can now truly acknowledge something is definitely going on in my body. I’m going for a HBA1C This coming week. These fasting numbers have gotta be reflected in a lower than the 89 HBA1C I had in September? Please?:(

Good luck. Surely it will have come down. Let us know your result. Well done.

Reactions: bigjim19

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good luck.
Thanks for the best wishes. I’m surmising HbA1c would not have gone up? Is there any Graph we know which indicates Fasting A1c reductions compared to HbA1c reductions? I’m preparing myself for both bad and good results. In a real sense I’m managing my own expectations of success and failure. Or, what’s been yours?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the best wishes. I’m surmising HbA1c would not have gone up? Is there any Graph we know which indicates Fasting A1c reductions compared to HbA1c reductions? I’m preparing myself for both bad and good results. In a real sense I’m managing my own expectations of success and failure. Or, what’s been yours?
This is a thread for just recording fasting blood sugar levels with very low chat level. If you’d like more info on HbA1cs please feel free to start a new thread of your own, in an appropriate sub forum. You’ll get a better response that way too.

Reactions: Prem51

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
This is a thread for just recording fasting blood sugar levels with very low chat level.
Ah, righto! I’d assumed that this was an invitation to “chat”. It didn’t register with me as being anything of a restriction. I was purely wishing to indicate what I could garner here from others what had been their own route to getting their HbA1c numbers down linked to their daily fasting numbers.

I like your idea of setting up a separate Thread, maybe the title could be “Whats been your experience of your daily Fasting Numbers in respect of your HBA1C reductions?” - not too snappy?

Peace & Love - E

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
7.4 @7.30 - woken from deep sleep by the alarm (it rarely gets set). After 6 mile walk yesterday it was curry night last night, with the inevitable beer so a raised number is to be expected..
After emerging from sleep this morning I went for a fasted 1.5 hour run, tested after and it was 7.0! so immediately recalibrated the meter and retested which gave 6.5. - a bit better.