Type 2 Indian food?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What sort of diet do you follow? What type of diabetes do you have?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Yum - my favourite subject !

If you're aiming for low carb then avoid sauces as they generally contain sugar, rice, breads, go for grilled meats/fish, salads, you'll do very well at an Indian restaurant on low carb options.

Schmoukes

Yum - my favourite subject !

If you're aiming for low carb then avoid sauces as they generally contain sugar, rice, breads, go for grilled meats/fish, salads, you'll do very well at an Indian restaurant on low carb options.

Thank you!!

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a side of curry with my curry, no breads or rice. Check for “sweet” sauce or potatoes in the descriptions.

Tandoori and salad works. Mushroom bahjee is lush. I’m a bit of a wimp so butter chicken works and doesn’t mess up my bgl at all.

Reactions: Schmoukes

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anything dry and grillled chicken tikka, mixed grill, lamb tikka along with a low carb veg like spinach, aubergine (brinjal) cauliflower or maybe mushroom bahji.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This is interesting for me- a group of friends are planning to go to an Indian restaurant and I was invited- I looked at the menu and couldn't identify anything I felt I could eat. In Australia if that makes any differences- all had sauces of some type and I wasn't confident enough to go. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Eating out is still very hard for me and I just avoid it as much as possible.

Good luck and enjoy!

JohnyT2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Other
This is interesting for me- a group of friends are planning to go to an Indian restaurant and I was invited- I looked at the menu and couldn't identify anything I felt I could eat.
Try to checkout for salads without dressings and virgin mojitos in menu.

mariefrance

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another for chicken tikka or a tandoori with salad - often go for mixed tandoori - if a takeaway I make my own yoghurt and mint dip