Can i activate my freestyle libre sensors without the freestyle libre reader?

kaup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey,

My freestyle libre reader is not working and I wonder if i can active my sensor on my arm with an unofficial smartphone app for libre?

I have installed many unofficial apps but they say that my sensor is not activated?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Make and model of phone, please?
The official Libre App on Android will activate the sensor if you have a compatible phone with NFC.
If you don't have NFC then an unofficial App isn't going to help you.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think you need the official app (or the reader) to start a sensor.
Can you phone Abbott next monday to tell them your reader is broken? They may replace it.
You could also ask in a Libre related facebook group in your country if someone has a spare reader, I've seen people helping eachother out with things like that regularly, and many people have a reader but don't use it. No asking or offering on this forum though, it's not allowed.

kaup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think you need the official app (or the reader) to start a sensor.
Can you phone Abbott next monday to tell them your reader is broken? They may replace it.
You could also ask in a Libre related facebook group in your country if someone has a spare reader, I've seen people helping eachother out with things like that regularly, and many people have a reader but don't use it. No asking or offering on this forum though, it's not allowed.

I need do provide them with any info in orer for the to replae it? I dont have any paper or documents left related to my reader. And i can not find the official libre app in my google play store o my android phone.

My phone model is LG G5

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I need do provide them with any info in orer for the to replae it? I dont have any paper or documents left related to my reader.
I don't know, as I only use the sensors. But a phone call can't hurt, worst case thay won't send you a replacement. Did you buy it directly from them? If so, they keep the info about your orders, so they'll know when you bought it.