Freestyle Libre App for Android? Which?

kaup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey,

My Freestyle Libre reader is not working anymore and I want to use the Freestyle Libre app for my Android. But what is the name of the app in the Google Play store that I should use?

I can only find FreeStyle LibreLink - UK and US when doing a google search but nothing when i'm doing a search in my Google App store. I'm based in Europe.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well that's the official app. I can only assume it's not available for your phone or in that territory. Seems odd though.

There are other unsupported apps for the libre too. Some seen as improvements by some folk. Do a search here and have a read.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If your phones version of Android (its needs Android v5 at least) is not high enough the Play Store may be hiding the app since it can't be installed, it's possible it may also hide it if your phone doesn't have NFC which is also required for using the app.

The requirements are stated at the bottom of the https://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/libre/ page

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Hey,

My Freestyle Libre reader is not working anymore and I want to use the Freestyle Libre app for my Android. But what is the name of the app in the Google Play store that I should use?

I can only find FreeStyle LibreLink - UK and US when doing a google search but nothing when i'm doing a search in my Google App store. I'm based in Europe.

What make and model of phone?
Could cut short the speculation.:)

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There's an app called Glimp S whicj will start your Libre sensor. But as said before if your phone is not NFC equipped it will never work.

kaup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There's an app called Glimp S whicj will start your Libre sensor. But as said before if your phone is not NFC equipped it will never work.

i used it and it says its now started but when I open GLIMP to scan my sensor it says "tag not supported". u know why?

kaup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm using LG G5 phone with NFC enabled. Recently my Freestyle Libre reader got broken.
So I heard I can activate my sensor with GLIMP S. I have done it but it says "sensor is starting". after a while when I scan my sensor again with GLIMP S it says "tag not supported"

When i try to scan my sensor with GLIMP it says the same thing "tag not supported".
what is the issue?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I'm located in Estonia, i thought the official p

LG G5 is my model

I looked that up and it does support NFC.
Why are you not using the Android Freestyle Libre Link App?
https://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/libre/products/mobile-app-librelink.html
This is what I use with my Samsung Galaxy S5 and it activates and reads the sensor just fine.

Is there an issue with this App not being available for download in your country?

Edit: sorry - I see that you have already answered that.

If it doesn't appear in the Play Store on your phone it may be region locked.

Have you contacted the suppliers of Glimp for support?

Edit 2: where do you get your sensors from? There seems to be a potentially issue with US sourced sensors.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.ct.glicemia_starter&hl=en_US
has some reviews which discuss this, and at least one with a similar problem to yours; Glimp S activates but Glimp can't read.

Edit 3: as a member of the EU I am not sure how legal it would be to block support for the Android App when it is available in most of the rest of the EU. However that is drifting off quite a bit.

Last edited:

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's been I while since I used Glimp but I think you have to select libre sensor in some menu.

There's another app called X-drip - not available from Google play tho.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm using LG G5 phone with NFC enabled. Recently my Freestyle Libre reader got broken.
So I heard I can activate my sensor with GLIMP S. I have done it but it says "sensor is starting". after a while when I scan my sensor again with GLIMP S it says "tag not supported"

When i try to scan my sensor with GLIMP it says the same thing "tag not supported".
what is the issue?

Hi,

I use my phone as a reader.. But use Samsung.
Your LG G5 appears compatable too?

The "tag not supporting" thing.
Do you have your phone in a case that holds bank cards too? This may cause interference with the NFC arial.. (Especially if you flipped the screen cover round the back of the device.) Or possibly a slim metal plate or sticker on the back for magnetic car phone holders..?

I also need to activate the sensor with the Librelink app, before continuing use with the Glimp app.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction..?

Carlton1512

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When your diabetes misbehaves for no apparent reason.
Hey,

If your reader is not working anymore, have you tried contacting the Abbot helpline? They may replace it for you.