JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Netflix it seems are discontinuing support for the "older" smart TV's we've had ours only a year or so but is must be considered as old as we can no longer connect to our Netflix account with it a bit galling as we just paid our subscription the other day.

And Judith wanted to watch The Crown.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I like New Amsterdam which is on Amazon Prime Video.

D

Deleted member 308541

Netflix it seems are discontinuing support for the "older" smart TV's we've had ours only a year or so but
@JohnEGreen Netflix is going strong on all of our three smart tv's, they range in age between six years down to two.

Or, as a workaround put the Netflix app on your smart phone, and stream it via wifi and a Google Chromecast plugged in to a hdmi port on the tv.

https://store.google.com/gb/product/chromecast

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
In fact it's not supposed to happen till 1st of December so there may be another fault or glitch in the system doesn't matter too much now as I have the whole series on my computer and I have a solid state disk that the tv can read.
So it's sorted.

D

Deleted member 308541

In fact it's not supposed to happen till 1st of December so there may be another fault or glitch in the system
There are some interesting reads about the reason why, that smelly drm raises it's ugly head again..

I have a 12 year old dumb Samsung 32" tv that I pensioned off as a tv and now use it as a computer monitor, that I watched Netflix through a Fetch box.

Reactions: JohnEGreen
D

Deleted member 308541

Interesting episode three of "The Crown" dealing with the Aberfan sl.ag heap tragedy where 144 people died including 116 children died.

I remember that happening at the time but over the past fifty years we had basically forgotten it as it does not get mentioned verry much here.

Edit: Strange how a mining term gets into the profanity filter list. :meh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
Doctor who’s series 12 trailer is out can’t wait apparently it stars on New Year’s Day

Looks great

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Doctor who’s series 12 trailer is out can’t wait apparently it stars on New Year’s Day

Looks great

Wasnt that fussed on last season of DW. It's nothing to do with the Doctor being a woman but I just dont feel any affinity with the show this last season. I'm not too fussed on the new season coming either.

My hubby is a huge DW fan - has all the old series, and then the ones from Chris Eccleston onwards. He hasnt bought the Jodie Whittaker one from last season, he chooses to wait until it is on a really reduced price. He watched a few of the episodes with me, wasnt impressed so deleted them apart from the last one which I'm sure we will watch before the new season. He's rather unimpressed I have to say and blames the writers. I think he is stuck in the Russell T Davies era lol

I hope you enjoy the new season

D

Deleted member 308541

I watched the first couple of episodes of the new female Doctor after coming off a epic binge of watching from whoa to go of the twelve series on Netflix

Seeing the new doctor after Peter Capaldi as the last male Doctor did not do a great lot for me, as for the companions... :***:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
As a trekkie being spoilt by pressies of dvds of 'Discovery' and on prime 'Picard' has just started.

Dr Who, have quietly enjoyed new series, but it has lost some of its Britishness, think the American television companies have compromised on the uniqueness of the series.

D

Deleted member 308541

Dr Who, have quietly enjoyed new series, but it has lost some of its Britishness, think the American television companies have compromised on the uniqueness of the series.
Not seeming to be sexist here, but we watched the first three or four episodes of Dr Who with the female Doctor and that was the last time I watched it.

Totally trashed a great show after the greatness it was with Peter Capaldi...

Reactions: Lamont D

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Walking Dead back on Brit tv tonight.

Dont seem as bothered about this series as I have others. I think once Rick had left it went a bit pants. Not saying one person makes a show but I'm not bothered about the new 'big bad'.

Oh and because of the long mid season break, I've forgotten what happened. See that's how much it gripped me