What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1575191870162.jpg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Quick Happy Sunday Morening folks.

A 5.3 this morning hmmmm might be time to start the intimidation tactics with this new meter.

I had a relaxing day planned. Mrs J has other ideas.....into the loft and Christmas decoration time grrrrrr
Mutter, sulk snarl, growl
My day is ruined.

Reactions: karen8967

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Simple 6.0 on the sticks this morning and a quiet day ahead. New pc mouse arrived, it has 11 function buttons to play with and program. Although I did slow it down as it was too fast ;)

View attachment 36980

Back in the world of normal humans. I have been taking CBD oil for a few weeks, it doesn't have any TCH in it so it's not hallucinogenic (according to the unicorn in the shop). Why would I take it? Part of my autistic co-morbidity is my anxiety, the effects of which can wear me out at times. Since taking the oil my sleep has improved, anxiety levels seem lower, and my lung function is more relaxed. It hasn't affected my BG (maybe a bit lower during the day) and I keep a report for my doc who's aware of what I'm doing.

Thought I'd mention it as drug manufacturers play down the benefits of CBD as they can't make a fortune out of it :)
Ive tried the CBD oil and it didn't seem to do anything for me ...maybe I need a strong dose

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gosh almost lunch time! Good morning and a 6.4 today, yes I know it's too high but a late night musical jam session, a house full of family and sleepy musicians, too much wine, laughter, music and food what can I expect.

Sonic Booms! Dangerous looking mice! Numerous nasty bugs, Pet Draculas giving diabolical blood glucose numbers, pet dogs being turned out into the cold when they needed cuddles, Christmas trees being assembled, nutritional advent calendars in vast quantities (2). Husbands who become Impossible, according to spell check, happy family reunions and lives remembered and celebrated, cats that won't get out of bed, wow! All this happened here in the last 24 hours totally exhausting.

Wardrobe handle fitting day for me, am I nervous YES EXTREMELY, no room for error, drill at 90 degrees or else they won't fit, both of those things I am useless at.

May you all have the best day possible.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning good people of this cyber borough. Fbg this Advent Sunday a less than sparkling 5.3 - maybe like Root and Burns it will find some form eventually. Seems quite a few members are ill, waking at odd times, experiencing higher bg than usual, missing loved ones or remembering those rejoicing upon another shore but in a greater light. I hope today and the coming days bring the inner peace, better numbers, wellness, even better wellbeing and generally that of which you feel the lack. I (and Julie) am looking after the granddaughter in yesterday's photo while her dad plays golf and hopefully putting up and decorating our Christmas tree. Seems like a good day to hang on to 1 Thessalonians 5 V 9 in general but especially for here V 11 .

Thank you, and I respond with vv 23, 24, and 25.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Started off the morning with a 7.5, which I sent back; on second try received a 6.8, which I accepted.

@OldButBold and @mojo37 I want to research CBD oil as my anxiety is often disabling, despite the Prozac I take every morning.

@karen8967 what a lovely robin!

I remember sonic booms from when I was a little child out playing in our backyard. I haven't heard one since then; I guess it was our pilots scrambling to go out and meet non-existent MiGs; we were just told jets just made that sound sometimes. Passenger aircraft were just switching over from turbo-props to jets at the time but thinking back I doubt a DC-8 could break the sound barrier.

First Sunday in Advent and choristers from a nearby church are coming to sing for us this afternoon. Can't wait to hear them ... don't know if I will mention to any of them that I sang in choirs there 50 and 60 years ago ...

b0652.gif

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.3 today

currently bright and getting a bit warmer after the frost this morning ;) off to mum's to share dinner with mum and her visitors :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: ianpspurs

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It looks like a dangerous weapon OBB...something out of Star Wars?

I wish, but no it's a Logitech G502 Hero

Loving the mouse @OldButBold obvs a serious gamer.

Ah the games up, yes I am that ;)

Ive tried the CBD oil and it didn't seem to do anything for me ...maybe I need a strong dose

Does depend on the strength, the usual chemist one is worthless so best buy online.

@OldButBold and @mojo37 I want to research CBD oil as my anxiety is often disabling, despite the Prozac I take every morning.

You might want to read the link below first, it's not a simple process to add CBD to existing antidepressants. Suggest having a word with your doctor first.

https://www.depressionalliance.org/cbd-oil-and-antidepressants/

Reactions: trick60

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no - I love halloumi cheese. Perhaps I should buy another fridge to stockpile it in.
Best be on the safe side and get 2 - must still be some Black Friday offers and we all know Norfolk is awash with money unlike us peasants in Cambs (and soon Suffolk) :angelic:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Best be on the safe side and get 2 - must still be some Black Friday offers and we all know Norfolk is awash with money unlike us peasants in Cambs (and soon Suffolk) :angelic:
Thank you for this tip. Will definitely get two fridges. I only wish Norfolk was awash with money - or rather that I was awash with money.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick Happy Sunday Morening folks.

A 5.3 this morning hmmmm might be time to start the intimidation tactics with this new meter.

I had a relaxing day planned. Mrs J has other ideas.....into the loft and Christmas decoration time grrrrrr
Mutter, sulk snarl, growl
My day is ruined.
Winner for fbs and funny for the Christmas decorations. Husband has got out of putting up the Christmas lights outside because he says that the problem with his hand means that he cannot do it. Perhaps you could use a similar strategy.

Reactions: alf_Josiah