Is low blood glucose the only concern?

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
When one watch the carb intake very carefully but ate lots of fats and protein, will he has higher risk of high blood triglyceride and protein byproducts in the blood?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When one watch the carb intake very carefully but ate lots of fats and protein, will he has higher risk of high blood triglyceride and protein byproducts in the blood?

That hasn't happened to me.

My last trig score was 0.78, the one before 0.75 and the one before 0.73.

Reactions: jjraak

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I'd imagine if that were the case we'd of died off as a species along time ago and wouldn't be having this conversation. I eat a lot of fats and protein and very little in the way of carbs and my trigs are consistently around 0.9 to 1.0

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So maybe not a problem for most people. So carb is what we should mainly focus on. Fat and amino acids may depend less on action of insulin.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
My triglycerides fell once I started low carb plus extra fats - lower every time it has been tested. My liver function tests improved too.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No. High blood pressure and obesity are also of concern and treatable with a lower carb higher fat approach. Often they respond in conjunction with one another to reduced carb dieting.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
No. High blood pressure and obesity are also of concern and treatable with a lower carb higher fat approach. Often they respond in conjunction with one another to reduced carb dieting.

Blood pressure is very important. I think it is worth while having a blood pressure machine at home for testing whenever you feel the need to. I test mine from time to time. Quite convenient to have one I find.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

well as individual as we all are.....

my trigs halved using LCHF
and buy FAT i mean, rind on bacon, fat on steaks, butter on veg, A generous drizzle of double cream on my lo carb jelly..Kinda fats.

not done me any harm that way.

interesting Video under my sig, if your interested in just what trigs can and do do, when we low carb.
https://www.crossfit.com/essentials/its-the-insulin-resistance-stupid-part-1

Reactions: Listlad

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Definitely blood pressure and also heart rate. When the resting readings of these two are high, it may spell that a stroke or heart attack is near.