Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning.

Got a little drunk last night ordering some new music gear online. Next day delivery.
Long story. Looking for some lighter kit. (I'm basically my own "roadie.")

Lucky for me I stopped before doing something stupid. Though I suspect I forgot my basal..?
Not sure. The pen looks like it's been used. Woke at 12.0. Hmmm, corrected that.

Either way. I was out of it when my wife got back late from a work's thing..

Oddly enough, I have one later in town with some of the lads.

It could get loud & messy later.. & I'm not talking about the new gear & packaging.

Reactions: porl69 and Juicyj

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Got a little drunk last night ordering some new music gear online.
I've done the drunk ordering thing a couple of times and have always been delighted with the presents drunk me chose for me :)
I have been the proud owner of a pretty cheesy t-shirt with dog's paw prints next to human ones and the text 'Never walk alone', a couple of very cool diabetes t-shirts, a rabbit needing a new home, a foster dog that should have been here for a couple of weeks but has stayed 6 months until finding her forever home, an electric lap steel guitar which I can't use because I lack the rest of the needed equipment, still need to find someone to give it to, and an erhu.
The erhu (look it up) makes the most horrible sound imaginable but it's still cool to have one :) I gave it away after a year of fiddling around with it because by then everyone was completely annoyed with me having it.

To my defence, all those items were free or very cheap, except for the shirts :hilarious:

Hope you're more sensible than me but I also hope you'll be as happy with your new gear as I was with my various 'presents', @Jaylee !

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
Our living room is full of cardboard boxes and I’m tempted to make a fort. My bank app and most online shops have been offline due to Black Friday sales. I have decided to up my basal because I’ve been a bit high in the mornings. I can see on my libre it starts creeping up around 2-3am and it ended at 12.7.

Reactions: Marie 2

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Nice day out, picked up a new guitar. Bloods a bit squiffy due to not eating all day, hardly surprising I suppose. King prawn vindaloo for dinner to keep the chill out!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We had a really odd thing here this morning.

When we woke, I got up to make tea, and peeped between the curtains - no frost. Hurrah! A short while later (2nd cup of tea), there was a very sharp frost in evidence.

Brrrrrrrrrr!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've done the drunk ordering thing a couple of times and have always been delighted with the presents drunk me chose for me :)
I have been the proud owner of a pretty cheesy t-shirt with dog's paw prints next to human ones and the text 'Never walk alone', a couple of very cool diabetes t-shirts, a rabbit needing a new home, a foster dog that should have been here for a couple of weeks but has stayed 6 months until finding her forever home, an electric lap steel guitar which I can't use because I lack the rest of the needed equipment, still need to find someone to give it to, and an erhu.
The erhu (look it up) makes the most horrible sound imaginable but it's still cool to have one :) I gave it away after a year of fiddling around with it because by then everyone was completely annoyed with me having it.

To my defence, all those items were free or very cheap, except for the shirts :hilarious:

Hope you're more sensible than me but I also hope you'll be as happy with your new gear as I was with my various 'presents', @Jaylee !

Lol,

My mate bought Star wars memorabilia online whilst drunk, a few years ago.
Recently my wife's colleague bought a cat??!

For clarity regarding my purchases.. (The PA gear.) I had done a fair number of weeks research & even tried similar units out at a friend's studio..

It's only the other night I got round to ordering this set up. The mixer & case has already arrived..:)
Which is just as well I held off, because the active speakers came up as reduced in the sale.. I ended up saving nearly 150 quid on a 2.1 rig..
All I wanted was some light weight, "bang for buck" gear.. It looked like I did the needful on the ordering before getting too hammered & left myself logged in.? :hilarious:

I'm hoping to use this new PA in anger at a gig in 2 weeks time..

When it comes to shopping for gifts. I tend to take a more traditional aproach..
Sober & in control of a motor vehicle. ;)

Reactions: Antje77

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, the cardboard boxes have been multiplying BG much much better today at 5.9. :)
Unfortunately this year, I only have 25th December off. So I won’t be with my bf and my family for Christmas. Bf is off with his parents going somewhere for a few days and my parents said one day off isn’t enough time to see them. I have to post all my Christmas presents in the post soon. So I’ll be pigging out by myself on the 25th. I’ll get my night gown and red wine out. Last DAFNE session soon and 6 weeks and 4 days until first pump session.

Reactions: Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, the cardboard boxes have been multiplying BG much much better today at 5.9. :)
Unfortunately this year, I only have 25th December off. So I won’t be with my bf and my family for Christmas. Bf is off with his parents going somewhere for a few days and my parents said one day off isn’t enough time to see them. I have to post all my Christmas presents in the post soon. So I’ll be pigging out by myself on the 25th. I’ll get my night gown and red wine out. Last DAFNE session soon and 6 weeks and 4 days until first pump session.

Wow Mei,

That seems to be a rough deal over Chrismas... That's how the "hospitality" industry rolls. Revellers over this period often take for granted the sacrifices of staff at these establishments..

Do you not have any single friends that could come round for a bit of mutual company?

What about your shift patterns over the new year..?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Morning all :)

Great news on the pump @karen8967 once you're settled in you'll be wondering how you managed all these years :)

Whereabouts are you @MeiChanski surely we can arrange some company for you, or friends to visit ?

Very cold here, work has concrete floors so will be doing lots of moving about today, stay warm all :cool:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Gloves have officially been bought out - winter has finally arrived!

A friend said yesterday they had parked in a frozen field early in the morning and then through the day it thawed out then everyone was stuck in mud trying to get out later - doah! didn't think that one through properly.......

Soar throat and bunged up - just came on last night, BGs are slightly higher than norm, to be expected but will dose accordingly. Friends & Family Libre order had apparently had delivery attempted and we'd been 'carded' - errrr nope! delivery rescheduled for today, should have put a note out to say leave it in the car port but forgot however I'm not expecting them to find us as they obviously didn't find us the other day...... (we are notoriously difficult to find though....... especially if you can't really be bother to look!)

Reactions: Juicyj

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Afternoon all
Well went to the docs this morning and apparently I have another chest infection! We will see!!!
Bloods sort of behaving themselves at the mo and have even stopped the sick day basal :)