What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all

@Annb hope the hospital appointment went well
@annabell1 awesome views
@Chook keep those numbers coming!

Two meals today. Lunch was leftovers from last night - chicken leg and some more of the yummy stuffing. Dinner was 2 duck eggs and Halloumi and bacon chunky ‘chips’

Very successful work awayday with some views from the 32nd floor to rival @annabell1 ‘s. All gratis courtesy of a corporate supporter.

BA420152-4A0D-4436-9490-C68DC1BB7F82.jpeg
139CCF0F-4830-46AD-8D95-2C5241538C50.jpeg
873F7D95-40B7-490B-8373-4FBFFD63C87F.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 well done with hbaca1And hope kitchen back to normal soon re review on popped cheese they are amazing could see myself getting addicted to this zero carb snack it’s just cheese but tastes like a crisp like snack it’s been 2+ years since tasted anything like it.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cheesies-C...c=1&ref_=ox_sc_act_image_1&smid=AZHYDY8YN3FSO
They have 25 percent off on a voucher at moment. Would recommend if could get reduced and the 20g bag has plenty in it I love strong cheese and cheddar has good flavour
Breakfast one slice of bacon and egg with half toasted chaffle
Lunch 20g bag of cheesies, celery and bit of cheese
Pm some 100% choc
Evening two lamb chops, cauliflower cheese and mushrooms having warmed lc lemonpudding in a bit.
Lots of work done today caring day tomorrow before head up to York’s Thursday
Just looked at the cheese snacks - £50 per kilo:arghh: We need someone to work out how to make these - air fryer?

Reactions: maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree but they are very light a pack works out about 70+ pence with discount and they are pure cheese no fillers. I shared my 20g pack with OH and hit the spot.
Fair enough about the price. I have no idea what hit the spot means but i assume it is good.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We both enjoyed them and re hit the spot loved the crunch - a lot of lc food dosent have that crunch!
So, does hit the spot mean crunchy? I have seen the phrase on here quite a lot but I don't know what it means. Never heard anyone actually say it.

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Saw the medical consultant at the hospital. He noted that I have lost about a stone in the last year and was pleased at that but less pleased when I told him how I'd done it. That's all very well, but I will have to go back to eating normally (he says) and then all the weight will go back on again! That's what I need - encouragement. Spent about 45 minutes with nurses trying to get some blood out of my veins. Eventually they sent for an older, more experienced nurse/phlebotomist who took a much larger needle and just rammed it straight into a vein. "That's how you do it - those surface veins are too small so go in deep and you'll find a decent one." It's good to be a learning aid.

Came home (dark, cold and windy) and had some tea, then some cocoa and a sausage. So much for only having scrambled egg today. All wrapped up in a long fleecy housecoat on top of normal clothes, and I'm still cold. More hot tea, I think.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@annabell1 - Amazing views! I hope everything goes right for you now you've got home. You must be exhausted.

I expect everyone is as bored as I am with my BGs but I find that posting it here keeps me on the straight and narrow with regards to food - so I'll keep posting until I'm happy with my BGs - or for another week - whichever comes sooner.

Edit: Accidentally deleted the last (QUOTE)

Not at all Chook. Keep on making the connection between food and BG. I can't keep get my BG down either, and that's with fairly hefty (to my mind) doses of insulin and not much food. I'm hoping my problem is something to do with this cold and it will sort itself out sometime soon.
Not at all Chook. Keep on making the connection between food and BG. I can't keep get my BG down either, and that's with fairly hefty (to my mind) doses of insulin and not much food. I'm hoping my problem is something to do with this cold and it will sort itself out sometime soon.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday 04/12/19
Breakfast: usual low carb porridge and 90g greek yoghurt
Snack: 0.5 cup unsweetened almond milk, 3g cocoa unsweetened and the rest boiling water.
Lunch: 120g baby spinach and rocket mix, 116g ham, 26g light cheese
Dinner: 198g (cooked) pork loin chops, much better then last nights not fatty at all, just took the fat/rind off from the outside after cooking. 170g green beans, 270g cauliflower, 2 XL eggs fried.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Early Lunch as went to cinema at 1.30, so not too hungry: Greek yoghurt, coconut chia pudding and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: raspberry phd and black coffee.
Dinner: gammon steak and leafy salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Difficult few days. Food has been ok not massive carbs. But going far too frequently to the toilet. Experiencing considerable urgency. Finding it difficult as no idea why.
Yesterday. CWC, Nut Granola. CWC.
More coffee
Lunch mushroom soup, water, tea
Dinner. Sausages, cabbage with bacon, cream and faux parmesan.
Piece of low carb cheesecake (15g)without the fruit coulis. Two glasses of wine.
Tea

Today 03-12-19
Breakfast. CWC, Nut granola, splash of milk, chicken livers and vegetable patties. More CWC
Lunch. Homemade mushroom soup. No bread. Tea
Tea few slices of emmental
Dinner: ham, sausage, egg, savoy cabbage with cream and faux parmesan.
Greek Yoghurt and six strawberries
Two glasses of white wine.
Tea.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yah they letting me go but not until I'm popping 8 x potassium tablets was either that or try put in another cannula in and another night in hospital.
Waiting around for my pick up and unwell my BSL 4.1 mmol/m so felt like a hypo only available was banana bread at the coffee shop in hospital.

A very Long day git to my brothers home rhwn 8 had to drive home... I'm home very exhausted I had to drive 2 hours to get home im exhausted so tired but at same time can't sleep

Thanks so much everyone for your support I'm sort of popping around reading posts on here but at the same time my mind is very anxious and I'm still getting overwhelmed and anxiety about everything.View attachment 37008View attachment 37009View attachment 37010View attachment 37011

Edited by Mod

Great to hear that you're home annabel and can now take charge of your diet and do your own BG checking. Hope you are feeling much better soon. Hang in there!

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Evening all

@Annb hope the hospital appointment went well
@annabell1 awesome views
@Chook keep those numbers coming!

Two meals today. Lunch was leftovers from last night - chicken leg and some more of the yummy stuffing. Dinner was 2 duck eggs and Halloumi and bacon chunky ‘chips’

Very successful work awayday with some views from the 32nd floor to rival @annabell1 ‘s. All gratis courtesy of a corporate supporter.

View attachment 37020View attachment 37021View attachment 37022

Haha awesome sunset

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Hi everyone

So since being on high dose of steroids my BSL morning have been between 5 to 7 mmol/m but 4 hours after I have eaten even low carb my BSL is spiking to 9 or 10.3 mmol/m to me this is a concern and high and I'm thinking maybe I should increase my med from 30mr back to diamicron 60mr whilst on the steroids I'm also on jaunivia 100mg. I have rang the diabetic center this afternoon but they closed at 4.30pm so left a message hopefully hear from them tomorrow. I know that unable to provide medical advice but just throught I ask the question.
Today I'm home so enjoyed my sleep in my own bed.... and also that I could cook my own food for breakfast which was scrambled eggs cream and half tomato with black coffee.

one of my sisters popped over this afternoon to see me since coming home it was so nice to see her. I made coffee and I also had a small peice of apple turnover but only had a quarter of it...

Dinner I plan to have a piece of steak my body is over chicken and fish that I've eaten in hospital this last week and I'm craving meat. Give this lady red meat... and Might have some vegetables with it. Hopefully I don't surcombe to more apple turnover as there is another one in my fridge. Im blaming my steroids but I'm not that sure ...