What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Rockman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing to be honest
Morning all,
10.7 this morning @ 4:23 AM this machine any good?
IMG_20191114_182201.jpeg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.2

Probably because I have been awake half the night making Xmas cards...
View attachment 37029
I have a Xmas party later....

And it is a clear night outside. So using my pixel 3a phone to take pics of stars...

View attachment 37030
You can see I have light polution from other people's security lights, but despite that you can see Orion above my bungalow. See the 3 stars in a line close together, then look at the star above...that is Betelgeuse. To the naked eye Betelgeuse looks a bit warmer than that.

How this phone camera copes with the night sky and being hand held and my hands shaking as I am holding the phone up, I have no idea how it does so well.

I took loads more photos of the night sky!. Now I am under the electric blanket. I need to try and get a couple of hours sleep...at least...

Night night...

Lovely view of my friend Rigel too. :) And I love the snowmen.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning which is higher than expected as I haven't eaten for 12 hours, but we know T2 is a fickle mistress. I have to go out very early (for me) to set up a new social media client and can hear the bin men doing a great job as usual. I have a feeling that a hearty breakfast will be had, enjoy your day :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Rockman

Welcome.
As for the unit, not one I've used, so can't say.
Sure others might have input.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@OldButBold enjoy your breakfast; @trick60 2 salad days are my preferred way to go but it seems you run better with cheese on toast; did anyone mention @DJC3 and her A1c yet? Morning @jjraak and hoping for continuing progress for your nephew. 5.2 showed on my meter and weight back under 74 kgs (gym has me 2.54 cms shorter than doctors so big change in bmi and new target of 72 kgs). Today in 1932 my dad was born in this village and in 2019 he lies with mum in thus village. Just pray he understands the reasons I am selling the home he built my mum. Not sure which side of Psalm 5 I fall on over that. Have great day - I'm giving thanks for Amazon prime video and hoping The Special One stops this habit of us conceding 2 goals per game. Enjoy your day I have some exercise to do to earn the right to my salad later.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a decent sleep last night I needed it...cold & frosty here heating on....working today off to the exotic realms of east London just on the border of Essex...hoping to be back early evening traffic permitting...woke to a flat 6.0

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.2

Probably because I have been awake half the night making Xmas cards...
View attachment 37029
I have a Xmas party later....

And it is a clear night outside. So using my pixel 3a phone to take pics of stars...

View attachment 37030
You can see I have light polution from other people's security lights, but despite that you can see Orion above my bungalow. See the 3 stars in a line close together, then look at the star above...that is Betelgeuse. To the naked eye Betelgeuse looks a bit warmer than that.

How this phone camera copes with the night sky and being hand held and my hands shaking as I am holding the phone up, I have no idea how it does so well.

I took loads more photos of the night sky!. Now I am under the electric blanket. I need to try and get a couple of hours sleep...at least...

Night night...
Well done again. I seem to remember Orion is used to establish light pollution levels. How many stars can you count within the constellation with the naked eye, should be 40 to 60.

Making Christmas Cards is fun, carols playing, coffee brewing, mince pie tempting I can enjoy the smell if not the taste and a few hours creating, I use water colours for mine, sets the mood for Christmas.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 showed on my meter and weight back under 74 kgs (gym has me 2.54 cms shorter than doctors so big change in bmi and new target of 72 kgs)
That's really interesting that your weight has dropped and fbs is a bit lower today. I have found exactly the same thing. Have lost a little weight (only 3lb) which takes BMI to 22.2 and fbs dropped the lowest its ever been

Today in 1932 my dad was born in this village and in 2019 he lies with mum in thus village. Just pray he understands the reasons I am selling the home he built my mum.
I am sure that he would understand the reasons you are selling the home he built for your Mum.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day of peace and tranquility in the dark and dangerous north.

The newly installed wonder wheel of trips to Newcastle and lunching art-deco rewarded me with a 4.6 this am.

Just catching up this morning has taken an age:
Congratulations to @DJC3 for the 36! I thought that a lack of iron needed a bottle of stout each day but then that’s another dilemma. Nordic poles, beeswax and crumpets, card making, star gazing (don’t say the word Betelgeuse three times), muddy bike rides and people shrinking in size for no good reason.

Meanwhile - it has happened - boxes and boxes of green, red, white, glitterati and sparkles have been brought down from the attic, their contents partially removed and placed in various parts of the house. Even the banister has not been spared. It’s like the spread of the red weed in War Of The Worlds, only green. Mrs Miggins wants it sorted by the weekend because she is going to the theatre on Saturday with her sisters?????? Bonkers. I am on wreath repairing duties and in charge of putting batteries back into a garden centres worth of LED lights, jobs that could be spun out for days. Must get into the garage and sort out a suitable Round Tuit

Have a wonderful bin day if you can, best get mine lined up - they love the mystery of being moved while it is still dark.
Koffy

upload_2019-12-4_7-13-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-4_7-13-38.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-4_7-13-38.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 76

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done again. I seem to remember Orion is used to establish light pollution levels. How many stars can you count within the constellation with the naked eye, should be 40 to 60.

Making Christmas Cards is fun, carols playing, coffee brewing, mince pie tempting I can enjoy the smell if not the taste and a few hours creating, I use water colours for mine, sets the mood for Christmas.

I ran out of time this year @Muddy Cyclist

I do ink drawings of Welsh scenes/landscapes etc, then I do a watercolour blue wash over it. Then I apply snow.

I usually do them just after Xmas when it is snowing. Sets the mood for snow painting...but too much going on this year...there are going to be a few people saying where is my watercolour painting? But I do normally paint more than a hundred. If I get them done before the New year, closer friends will get a New Year Card as well...

So this Xmas will see me painting next year's Xmas cards....

Will try and count those Orion stars tonight and let you know...supposed to be clear again...

Got to dash ...party is long distance away...

t89192.gif

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I saw this on an Australian site (It’s Okay, not to be Okay) and thought of us:

“This 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud lady, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o’clock, with her hair fashionably coiffed and makeup perfectly applied, even though she is legally blind, moved to a nursing home yesterday. Her husband of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary.

After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, she smiled sweetly when told her room was ready. As she maneuvered her walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of her tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on her window. “I love it,” she stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with a new puppy.

“Mrs. Jones, you haven’t seen the room …. just wait.”

“That doesn’t have anything to do with it,” she replied. “Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not doesn’t depend on how the furniture is arranged, it’s how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it. It’s a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice;

I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open I’ll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I’ve stored away, just for this time in my life.”

She went on to explain, “Old age is like a bank account, you withdraw from what you’ve put in. So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories Thank you for your part in filling my Memory bank. I am still depositing.”

And with a smile, she said: “Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less, & enjoy every moment.

Photograph by Karsten Thormaehlen”

upload_2019-12-4_7-50-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-4_7-50-33.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-4_7-50-33.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 75

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That's really interesting that your weight has dropped and fbs is a bit lower today. I have found exactly the same thing. Have lost a little weight (only 3lb) which takes BMI to 22.2 and fbs dropped the lowest its ever been
The loss of 2.54 cms means I need to go down to 72 kgs to hit BMI of 22 - would be 21.4 at 6 feet/183 cms that doc has on record. Great fbg for you today. Mild frost but no skating on ponds in this village today - I have been told many times there was in 1932. Quite upbeat after good session on exercise bike watching Seahawks beat Vikings. @dunelm great post.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskiaKC and dunelm

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all and thanks for the congrats all. @dunelm Happy Bin day. @Muddy Cyclist I didn’t know about Orion being used to measure light pollution, I’m going to count tonight. @gennepher lovely night sky photo with your amazing camera again
I woke to 6.1 (5.2 on CGM) which is faintly irritating after an hour in the gym with PT yesterday and fish for dinner ( turbot, wonderful but so expensive, won’t be repeating it too often)
@ianpspurs a day of remembrance for you. I’m sure he’d understand. He built the house for love of his wife and family and you are moving for love of yours.
I’m hoping to join the diabetes health walk at the Eden Project this morning. They run them every week as part of social prescribing, it’s not far from me and might meet some new chums.
Little Dennis barking furiously at those bin men again, as are the dogs next door and over the road. Wednesday is a noisy day in these parts.