What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. So much to wrap my head around already. Bin days, haircuts (or Herr Kutz the German Barber), DJs, recorder finger positions, weather in Nottingham and news from our Blackpool correspondent. My fbg was 5.2 this morning which seems like a win after a very nasty little surprise yesterday. Today may be either https://www.poemtree.com/poems/YonderSeeTheMorning.htm or Isaiah 35 V 1 but the night has passed and the day lies open before us. Have a simply spiffing day old, young or inbetween beans. If you can't, look adversity in the eyes and stare it down with steely determination.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.5

And I think that is because I ate some favourite chocolates they handed round in art group yesterday...

However I needed that energy when I nearly arrived home. I was met with my black wheelie bin coming at me down the hill as I am driving up the hill.

Stopped the car, wheelie bin hit the front of the car. But my car is not big enough to get a black wheelie bin in...

So hanging on to the wheelie bin, I got my walker out of the car. Perched it sideways on that, berated it all the way home for not behaving itself. Jammed it right in a corner when I got home.

How come mine was the only black wheelie bin to make a run for it? All the other wheelie bins in my road were tidily waiting outside their owner's houses waiting for them to come home from work and return them to the back gardens.

Then I had to get back to my car which was waiting patiently on the hill, and drive that back home...

How come I did not see another soul or moving car when all this was taking place? I would have appreciated some help! And it was black as night because some very dark clouds came over and the wind was whipping a frenzy. It was quite eerie actually...a weird dark light that was tinged with an ominous yellow.

Have a good Friday...
I am not getting out of bed today.
Electric blanket day and cat as chest warmer (he sleeps right under my chin).

Wind starting up again...

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.0 at 07.30 after a bad night’s sleep and dodgy tum. Mr PM and I were out to his golf mates (and wives) Christmas dinner and the food was pretty grim. I ate half of the starter bit of dry Parma han and rocket and half of the turkey dinner. Believe you me that was easy to do and only ate the flaccid turkey slice once I scraped off the red jam (no evidence of a cranberry) and a tiny brocolli floret. Swerved pud. I can only attribute the high FBG to nothing really. I think we probs had the same chef as @gennepher had the previous day!
Anyway cards to finish today, shopping to do, and a rest with two felines under a rug later. Have a great day everyone. Stay/get well, stay safe.

Reactions: dunelm

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
BG 5.9
Weight 47.9kg
Slight loss, unsurprising as I have been keeping the carbs right down.
Disturbed night, up three times for bathroom. Unable to settle straight away after two of them.
Does this increase morning BG?

After several very cold days the swamp outside was becoming to dry out. This morning it's raining again. Am looking for indoor jobs today. Our builder was due to start yesterday, but no. Now MrSlim is threatening to start on the work himself.
Am worried, not that he isn't capable, but that he will hurt himself. It's only two months since his operation. Which is why he wanted a builder in the first place.
Original plan was to do all the work himself.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Not politicians come next Thursday ......

11.3 this morning, In me and me's defence we were left to our own devices and not very nice either, a bigger shot of insulin and koffy is called for this morning.

I have a pleasant day planned, a friend and new husband are popping round for a low carb lunch.
What have you folks planned? I hope it's something that will bring a smile to strangers faces.
On the subject of the weather, stuff the weather I say, there are some really naughty but nice stuffings out there.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Simple 6.0 on the sticks this morning and a quiet day ahead. New pc mouse arrived, it has 11 function buttons to play with and program. Although I did slow it down as it was too fast ;)

View attachment 36980

Back in the world of normal humans. I have been taking CBD oil for a few weeks, it doesn't have any TCH in it so it's not hallucinogenic (according to the unicorn in the shop). Why would I take it? Part of my autistic co-morbidity is my anxiety, the effects of which can wear me out at times. Since taking the oil my sleep has improved, anxiety levels seem lower, and my lung function is more relaxed. It hasn't affected my BG (maybe a bit lower during the day) and I keep a report for my doc who's aware of what I'm doing.

Thought I'd mention it as drug manufacturers play down the benefits of CBD as they can't make a fortune out of it :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I highlight the piece of text I need, like above, and it gives the option to reply, click that. Go to your reply box and just tap 'enter' twice at the end of the posted line. Leave it 'as is' and go to the next line you want to reply to and do the same thing. Repeat for however many replies you want.
Just testing!

Reactions: gennepher

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you may be right @Krystyna23040
I am beginning to think the body does healing and adjusting in some sort of constant cycle, possibly because it has taken a long time to get to get to the point of diabetes, and then, with the perseverance of low carb as you did, it might need quite some time to heal and readjust itself.

You have done well.
Thank you. It does make sense that the body takes time to heal and readjust.

It has only recently been discovered that stroke patients continue to recover for 20 years after a stroke (if they continue with rehab). Previously it was thought that it was only worth doing rehab for 6 months because there would be no improvement after that.

So it is highly likely that it is the same for us if we keep up the good work foodwise.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.7 for me (. 4.1 on CGM lol) Which is better than U expected after making ( and ‘testing’) a ton of lc chocolate granola last night to put in pretty Kilmer jars for Christmas presents. I doubled the recipe which was daft as there was so much. I used both sides of the oven - 3 shelves in each and 2 sittings - it takes 30 mins to bake but has to be turned every 3 mins to stop it burning. This meant I spent over an hour constantly opening the doors mixing and shaking the stuff and swapping shelves. As soon as I’d done one side it was time to start again. I was red as a beetroot by the end.
@Krystyna23040 your lc journey is quite inspiring.
@gennepher The eye capsules sound like they’ve really helped. I don’t ever drive at night these days, the glare of lights makes it impossible to see. Have a lovely comfy warm day today.
@jjraak I was so pleased to read your update, progress may be slow but it’s still remarkable. The best Christmas present for all of you.
@johnpol hugs for the exam and horrible aftermath. Hope today is ok.
@mojo37 a good review, in spite of the advice! There is none so blind as those who will not see.
@PenguinMum shame about that grotty sounding lunch. Hope your dodgy tum doesn’t linger longer.
@Muddy Cyclist glad the doc eventually came round for MIL and has at least adjusted a couple of meds. Please don’t grow your hair into a ponytail with a bald head!

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning tree trimmers and all those still managing to hold back the tinsel deluge.

The wonder wheel of all the festive decorations being outed and a bold one pot wonder in the crock pot multi she shiner and karaoke box sang out a 4.6 this am

Mrs Miggins has now put up a small representation chosen from the boxes of accumulated Christmas decorations and declared the grotto open. Wooden things from Germany and Norway, pottery things from Peru, lace and paper stuff from a ghastly shop in Strasbourg and all manner of other bizarre yet interesting items all perched around the house, strung across doorways and windows or hung amongst the branches of an immortal tree. Green men and sacrificial holly twigs hang side by side with the apple and the snake in a fusion of Yule and Christmas.

Have a great day if you can, laugh your head off if you can’t.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mrs Miggins has now put up a small representation chosen from the boxes of accumulated Christmas decorations and declared the grotto open. Wooden things from Germany and Norway, pottery things from Peru, lace and paper stuff from a ghastly shop in Strasbourg and all manner of other bizarre yet interesting items all perched around the house, strung across doorways and windows or hung amongst the branches of an immortal tree. Green men and sacrificial holly twigs hang side by side with the apple and the snake in a fusion of Yule and Christmas.
Methinks the man doth protest too much,. Viva Mrs Miggins who I perceive has well and truly got your number:angelic:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. It does make sense that the body takes time to heal and readjust.

It has only recently been discovered that stroke patients continue to recover for 20 years after a stroke (if they continue with rehab). Previously it was thought that it was only worth doing rehab for 6 months because there would be no improvement after that.

So it is highly likely that it is the same for us if we keep up the good work foodwise.

Yes @Krystyna23040

I fully agree with what you say.

I believe we can achieve this as individuals. However, each of us individuals need to work out our own tweaks to this food thing.

It was reading your recent posts and success, that inspired and prompted me to decide to give me a 28 day challenge to myself. It starts next Thursday after my final group Xmas Parties. I am not going to say exactly what it is, or what my goals are, because I don't want any feedback that could knock me off track (even good feedback can do that, and this is a lovely supportive thread).

But in a month's time I will say about it. I have a notebook where I will record everything even my thoughts and feelings. This doesn't involve taking anything, it is simply reworking and planning in a better way on what I do now.

So, you inspired me to do this @Krystyna23040

Thank you.

Reactions: mojo37 and DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Methinks the man doth protest too much, Viva Mrs Miggins who I perceive has well and truly got your number:angelic:

We usually have three trees but this year it is but one. The competition amongst the decorations was fierce - a bit like the annual Gurkha selection process (only 250 each year are selected from the thousands that apply). It all looks very festive and I have just finished carting the unused items back into the attic.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A very belated Morning from the Sunnyish North, I had the misfortune of a rather nasty Hypo last night (12:30 if anyone is interested) which resulted in my sitting on the downstairs WC, for some reason I couldn't stand up, wondering why I was there with rivers of sweat flowing off me! I was so discombobulated (love that word no Idea what it means though) that I nearly had to call my wife for help! I can just picture the scene now "help Michelle I feel funny" huff and puffing, grumbles from upstairs "this better be worth me getting up for, or I'll give you what for...…...Oh look at you all poorly lets help you (through gritted teeth) I'll just give you a little clip round the lug later" or something like that! But I managed to sort myself out, but it took 45 minutes and am still feeling its effects now. Doomy must have took pity on me and no fight was needed as it just presented me with 7.1 (better than the 1.9 earlier) on reflection I should have asked for help as it was a unpleasant, and I will admit a frightening one as it's been a while since I have had one as bad as that. Apologies for the waffle, it's only blooming FRIDAY!!! time to run around visiting houses of ill repute and where drink is imbibed and we all sing songs and have a laugh! or not as whatever takes your fancy. Take care everyone, and please accept hugs and well done's in equal measure. Have a good weekend everyone.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A very belated Morning from the Sunnyish North, I had the misfortune of a rather nasty Hypo last night (12:30 if anyone is interested) which resulted in my sitting on the downstairs WC, for some reason I couldn't stand up, wondering why I was there with rivers of sweat flowing off me! I was so discombobulated (love that word no Idea what it means though) that I nearly had to call my wife for help! I can just picture the scene now "help Michelle I feel funny" huff and puffing, grumbles from upstairs "this better be worth me getting up for, or I'll give you what for...…...Oh look at you all poorly lets help you (through gritted teeth) I'll just give you a little clip round the lug later" or something like that! But I managed to sort myself out, but it took 45 minutes and am still feeling its effects now. Doomy must have took pity on me and no fight was needed as it just presented me with 7.1 (better than the 1.9 earlier) on reflection I should have asked for help as it was a unpleasant, and I will admit a frightening one as it's been a while since I have had one as bad as that. Apologies for the waffle, it's only blooming FRIDAY!!! time to run around visiting houses of ill repute and where drink is imbibed and we all sing songs and have a laugh! or not as whatever takes your fancy. Take care everyone, and please accept hugs and well done's in equal measure. Have a good weekend everyone.
Wow @johnpol that Hypo sounds frightening. The measure of a special man to go through that and post such an upbeat post. I hope today and the weekend are a whole lot better for you. Take care

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheese advent calendar joke. What does cheese shout out at a pantomime? Brie-rind you! Double Gloucester today (all 20 gms of it) I feel very public spirited testing these products for this community. Also manfully wading through snaffling pig advent calendar. Lawks a-mercy the things we do do to ourselves.:angelic: