Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aaargh....sat waiting for the dreaded eye drops. Eye screening day today. Hate this part
emoji53.png
On a positive note. If you go out, all the Christmas lights appear absolutely magnificent. :hilarious::hilarious:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all!

So, the female students in my group have all synched their periods, as predicted. (The two female staff who this still affects haven't let on if they've joined in yet!)

What have the T1 people gone and done this week? Had the same pre-lunch number three days so far. Different carb amounts and ratios so different insulin doses.

I'm beginning to think this is taking empathising with students several stages too far!!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Thought I might have over bolus Ed for the work Christmas lunch but came in at 4.7 so all is well.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all!

So, the female students in my group have all synched their periods, as predicted. (The two female staff who this still affects haven't let on if they've joined in yet!)

What have the T1 people gone and done this week? Had the same pre-lunch number three days so far. Different carb amounts and ratios so different insulin doses.

I'm beginning to think this is taking empathising with students several stages too far!!

I’m with the females. My group are a bit more mature so I’m the only one with it.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My bf has 4 Christmas dinners, actually make that 5 because he is going to have one with me. A bit of a hypo party today so lots of biscuits. My period is enjoying the sugar overload. I had a lovely vegan burger for DAFNE group lunch. Why can’t we get the same cheese they use on vegan pizzas and burgers Vegan cheese that I’ve bought previously was a bit weird and it melts weird. I think ya girl is going to be hooked up to a CGM next week.

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. Had a small argument with the nurse who puts the ey drops in yesterday! I am totally blind in my left eye BUT she insisted that I have drops put in that eye. I refused as there is no need! Needless to say I won that one...... @therower xmas lights were AWESOME after :):)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps. On a late shift tonight so have only just got up. Will have a nice big bowl of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for brunch (no idea what to call meals any more. I eat before I leave, unless it’s dayshift when I don’t, and at some point during the shift. Tomorrow’s lunch will be in the small hours...) before I leave today and have the remains of last night’s fish curry for whenever my meal break happens tonight. Probably about 2300. Foot on the floor just kicked in, so I’m hoping I’ve nailed that before it gets silly. Love to you all ❤️

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Robinredbreast I'm sure that avatar picture was on a christmas card from about 1983 :D

Looking at last nights graph you'd think I forgot my 2nd split dose (spag bol) - but I didn't and thought I'd timed it well, at least it wasn't Everest. Lets see what left over 'Bol' and bread do.:shifty:

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good afternoon everyone just popped in to say hello and now I'm afraid I must surely go ............I hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend :):joyful:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
Therapy session went well and my new phone arrived My bf was having a lot of fun creating emojis of us. His emoji looks exactly like him diabetes was good this morning at 8.2 and now settling at 5.6 :)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
10.8 this morning. Can’t think why.
Husband and child gone tree shopping.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning - the experimental basal timing experiment continues. I'd been doing the morning at 8.15 a.m., when I got to work, which was mostly fine... except chaos was already brewing when I arrived yesterday morning, I launched into whirlwind Japes sort it all out mode, and I clean forgot.

So, when I realised at 6.00 p.m. (yes, it really was that kind of day and thank you Echo pen for solving the mystery of higher than usual figures for a very normal day's meals) and stopped being cross, but impressed I'd been active enough to cover up, I decided it was time for experiment 2 - revert to basal at 6.00 a.m. but change evening basal from 10.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.

So far, so good.

Planning on being as utterly anti-social as possible this weekend! I have no need to go to any shops, we're doing way too much Christmas stuff at work, have been for weeks, will be doing so for another fortnight and, as a result, my tolerance level for Christmas music has hit rock bottom. Maybe I need to follow the example of some of my students and wear ear defenders at all times...

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps. Nothing to see here, just checking in. Did get a nice gangrenous diabetic foot last night though. It’s probably no longer attached to it’s owner. :D