What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist hug and utmost sympathy for you, your wife and MIL. @jjraak that must stir up some difficult memories at an already testing time. UTIs had scary effects really quickly on my own mum not at all easy to deal with without the added problems of Alzheimer's. @Krystyna23040 another great fbg and a day of comparative leisure sounds like a just reward. @trick60 hope the pop up Christmas and van tasks mean cheese on toast next a.m My fbg was 5.2 - (yeah, right) May be too judgemental but watching That Man last night psalm 10 seems so on point. Have a great day. We are off to spend time with 2 sons and their children to build memories to help insulate them from the impending poo show I fear.

Reactions: karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all I woke to a 4.6 ( not worth posting CGM reading - so far below the real number) Odd because I have a horrible cold so was expecting a high number. I want to stay in all day with a fire but irritatingly I have Christmas shopping to do. Wish I’d been more organised.
@johnpol and @karen8967 I Hope last night was better those hypos sound so scary and you are both so stoic and good humoured about it.
@Muddy Cyclist you are a lovely man. Hugs to you all.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning to all survivors of another night on your journey. Some paths are a bit more challenging than others at times but there is always the prospect of a good view opening up ahead.

The wonder wheel of late nights on the phone to daughter who is finding motherhood quite a challenge came in at 5.5 this am

Today we are going over to daughters to give her and her husband the opportunity to have some sleep. Then it will be over to the MIL for a wee while. Probably wheel her down to the bistro for kofee, cake and a chat with other residents. Rumours of a Christmas Dinner are circulating so we need to ensure that her name is on the list and also for a visit from Santa.

The bird feeders are beginning to empty quite quickly so first task of the day - after koffy - is to replenish them and tie up another fat ball or two if the bossy robin allows. It went ballistic the other day when a magpie had the temerity to land.

Some chat about the use of CBD oil going on. I think the stuff that they sell in the UK does not contain nearly enough. Have a gander at this pain relief chart to see what I mean. Tricky working out from a bottle that describes the active ingredient as a percentage but it will give your calculator something to do.

Big hugs for all who need them, have a wonderful day if you can and remember, if you are sitting on a park bench and a stranger sits down, look straight ahead and say, “did you bring the money?”

upload_2019-12-7_8-24-12.jpeg

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 which is good though Inate next to nothing yesterday.
@Muddy Cyclist sorry to hear of MIL’s illness and impact on you all. Hope MIL improves in the next three days. @trick60 I think you and I will be spending today similarly minus the wiper fixing. @DJC3 hope your lurgy isnt any worse @HarryBeau well it is (almost) Christmas I prescribe coffee and water. @jjraak hope some good news trickles out from the hospital. @SaskiaKC and @gennepher a day with a rug and a cat is bliss. Mine will be very annoyed to see the boxes of decorations come out and trees put in place. However when its all completed the compensation of the seasonal game “Bop the Bauble” will make them happy.
Have a good tinsel filled Saturday everyone. Most importantly stay/get well, stay safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Most kind, i always knew the madness would come in useful somehow. :bag:;)
And you too, @alf_Josiah ..thank you for the nice comment. ..too kind.:)
Last night I was puzzling over why you called us the 'Oohmif-inga tribe'. Obviously brain not working 100%. This morning I got it. We are definitely the 'Oohmif-inga tribe'. Really funny but very true.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all I woke to a 4.6 ( not worth posting CGM reading - so far below the real number) Odd because I have a horrible cold so was expecting a high number. I want to stay in all day with a fire but irritatingly I have Christmas shopping to do. Wish I’d been more organised.
@johnpol and @karen8967 I Hope last night was better those hypos sound so scary and you are both so stoic and good humoured about it.
@Muddy Cyclist you are a lovely man. Hugs to you all.
Hug for the cold/lurgy. Can't you do the Christmas shopping online? or even 1 short, sharp visit to any well known partnership with a splendid coffee shop to scope out prices then research/buy online - most deliver up to Christmas Eve. Interesting just how far apart CGM and finger prick are - really making me think from that perspective they are best avoided by me. Have you discovered anything useful from wearing one before I totally dismiss the idea?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you seen the 30g individual bars of Montezumas Absolute black? You have to buy a box of about 12 or 20 ( can’t remember) but they are perfectly portion controlled. About 3g carb per bar I think.
Thank you - saw these on the site but wasn't sure how big they were. 30g would be an ideal size to pop into my bag for when we are out walking and there is no low carb food on the menu for lunch.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

was 5.2 yesterday and 4.2 today

We were off out early yesterday to pick up mum and Katy to take Katy for her second vaccination at the vets.

I felt 'yuck' when I got up yesterday with the beginning of something, there are so many 'bugs' going about at the moment. but never mind, if mr gee feels like it we might go over to Dornoch later because there is rumour of a Christmas Fair ;)

Haven't christened tomorrow's dinner yet so I will have to get my thnking cap on, think I need coffee before that :hilarious:

Hope your day treats you well :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

was 5.2 yesterday and 4.2 today

We were off out early yesterday to pick up mum and Katy to take Katy for her second vaccination at the vets.

I felt 'yuck' when I got up yesterday with the beginning of something, there are so many 'bugs' going about at the moment. but never mind, if mr gee feels like it we might go over to Dornoch later because there is rumour of a Christmas Fair ;)

Haven't christened tomorrow's dinner yet so I will have to get my thnking cap on, think I need coffee before that :hilarious:

Hope your day treats you well :)
I hope the yuck disperses rapidly, the Christmas fair and walk with Katy are just the thing and I am certain whatever you Christen will be fandabidozi.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
BG this morning 5.5
Have started a new evening regime. However not terribly good at sticking to routines so we will see how long it lasts.
The Apple jelly I started yesterday is cloudy, have decided to let stand for 24 hours, see if it clears at all, before further processing. This is a good decision on several levels, it might work! I can stop thinking about it for now and do some outdoor stuff on what might be the only dry day this week.
This batch is intended for presents, but I was interested to see it's possible to make no sugar version.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 this morning.

My calendar says that today is Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. Yes, I thought, I know the date, but I don't remember seeing it with the "Remembrance Day" designation on any calendar before.
Then I did remember seeing other designations on other days on this calendar throughout this year ...
The Emperor's Birthday (Japan)
Labor Thanksgiving Day (Japan)
Health and Sports Day (Japan)
National Foundation Day (Japan)

... and I thought, Hmmm .... who exactly is remembering what today?

I will remember that it is my two step-great-nephews' birthday. The ones for whom the pony was bought ... the pony who ended up being mine for awhile because the kids didn't want to play with him. But my horsey friends and I thought he was great fun.

thumbnail

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 which is good though Inate next to nothing yesterday.
@Muddy Cyclist sorry to hear of MIL’s illness and impact on you all. Hope MIL improves in the next three days. @trick60 I think you and I will be spending today similarly minus the wiper fixing. @DJC3 hope your lurgy isnt any worse @HarryBeau well it is (almost) Christmas I prescribe coffee and water. @jjraak hope some good news trickles out from the hospital. @SaskiaKC and @gennepher a day with a rug and a cat is bliss. Mine will be very annoyed to see the boxes of decorations come out and trees put in place. However when its all completed the compensation of the seasonal game “Bop the Bauble” will make them happy.
Have a good tinsel filled Saturday everyone. Most importantly stay/get well, stay safe.

Bop the Bauble is a great game to watch I bet. A friend of mine with beautifully colour coordinated decorations and tree, says that every single day she comes in from work to find the tree on its side and all the baubles scattered. She has 3 cats but the youngest, Luna is having the time of her life attacking that tree every day, and is very grateful to her person for playing the game by putting it back up every night.

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug for the cold/lurgy. Can't you do the Christmas shopping online? or even 1 short, sharp visit to any well known partnership with a splendid coffee shop to scope out prices then research/buy online - most deliver up to Christmas Eve. Interesting just how far apart CGM and finger prick are - really making me think from that perspective they are best avoided by me. Have you discovered anything useful from wearing one before I totally dismiss the idea?

I’ve done a lot of online shopping - our usually friendly postman looked a bit cheesed off with me today as he struggled up the path with all the packages. He also is v annoyed at all the electioneering bumph he is delivering at this, busiest time of year.
I’m not sure the CGM is that useful for me ( nor you I expect) it hasn’t shown up any hidden peaks which might explain why my HbA1c is always so much higher than finger prick averages suggest. I can see how invaluable it would be for anyone dependant on insulin though as the readings have an arrow next to them indicating if bg is rising or more significantly dropping fast. For diet controlled T2s I’m not convinced it offers value for money ( nevertheless it is quite interesting)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bop the Bauble is a great game to watch I bet. A friend of mine with beautifully colour coordinated decorations and tree, says that every single day she comes in from work to find the tree on its side and all the baubles scattered. She has 3 cats but the youngest, Luna is having the time of her life attacking that tree every day, and is very grateful to her person for playing the game by putting it back up every night.
Your friend is a saint. I would draw the line at picking up my tree every night. Our main (real) tree is closed off from them if I go out but I have another tacky black artificial tree which I love, its decorated with silver and purple and ice white lights and thats the one they go for. Tbf they dislodge a few baubles and play football but I put anything precious high up. When we had our first kittens they ran up and down the trunk of the tree and made it sway, that year we did without lights!
Poor postie. I am fed up with election leaflets. One lot have delivered on 5 or 6 occasions. Surely they should keep a log and help the planet. The other thing I have noticed is since I left the many websites trying to sell me stuff they are bombarding me with brochures through the post. I hate unnecessary waste. Bah humbug!

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3