What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all. A day to count my blessings and enjoy my grandchildren. B=tea and 20 gms cheddar to take some naproxen. L= salmon and prawn salad with lemon mayo and tea with cream in Suffolk with 3 of our grandchildren, 2 sons and partners - all met up to select and order Christmas food. Some ribs from one of these. DIL having seen these not too sure now.
upload_2019-12-7_17-28-56.png
Lovely time singing carols around the Christmas tree in the centre of the village. Evening - tea, some cheese (comte, brie and applewood) as may not eat until 16.00/17.00 tomorrow. Off to Southampton early tomorrow as middle son's birthday and good opportunity to deliver Christmas presents. (Sorry to spoil things for anyone) :angelic:

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all. A day to count my blessings and enjoy my grandchildren. B=tea and 20 gms cheddar to take some naproxen. L= salmon and prawn salad with lemon mayo and tea with cream in Suffolk with 3 of our grandchildren, 2 sons and partners - all met up to select and order Christmas food. Some ribs from one of these (DIL) having seen these not too sure now.
View attachment 37069
Lovely time singing carols around the Christmas tree in the centre of the village. Evening - tea, some cheese (comte, brie and applewood) as may not eat until 16.00/17.00 tomorrow. Off to Southampton early tomorrow as middle son's birthday and good opportunity to deliver Christmas presents. (Sorry to spoil things for anyone) :angelic:
Sounds like a special day Ian and another one tomorrow. You are a lovely grandad.
Am looking forward to being a grandmother if I can hang on that long...I was an old mum at that time!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening.
What a perfect sounding day @ianpspurs . Yours too @Quinn1066 can’t beat a cheesy Christmas film.
@PenguinMum I’m glad your dodgy tum sorted itself out. Don’t want any of that before Christmas.
I’m still feeling achy and cold-y but had to take Den out this morning so chose a cliff top walk, very breezy and quite sunny and it did make me feel a lot better.
Just had coffee this morning ( so I know I’m not really really poorly as I go off coffee completely when I am)
Lunch was ham, egg and toasted HiLo
Dinner was ham and cabbage soup made from leftover stock and meat from yesterday’s IP gammon. Salty and delicious and it’s done me the world of good.
@Chook I agree paracetamol and h/m hot lemon are the best things for a cold. I’m off to have a steamy bath after Strictly. Hope the car shopping was successful.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick report - will catch up with reading others reports later. Back home in worcs with mum after her sisters funeral and our motorway travels
Dinner tonight - had beef brisket and sprouts with bacon followed by my lc pretend jammy sponge pudding - about to have hotel choc chocolate cream! Mmm .......
Funeral yesterday was the usual buffet high carb offerings with the most popular item with attendees being i think dripping on toast - as it ran out! Luckily some cheese on offer too for low carbers like me - so ended up with this and black coffee.
Hoping to get mum involved with Christmas tree decorating tomorrow - hoping our decorations will stir happy memories for her of the ones she bought us on holidays in New York, San Francisco and amsterdam.
Need to distract myself Tommorow before tooth extraction on Monday!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening.
What a perfect sounding day @ianpspurs . Yours too @Quinn1066 can’t beat a cheesy Christmas film.
@PenguinMum I’m glad your dodgy tum sorted itself out. Don’t want any of that before Christmas.
I’m still feeling achy and cold-y but had to take Den out this morning so chose a cliff top walk, very breezy and quite sunny and it did make me feel a lot better.
Just had coffee this morning ( so I know I’m not really really poorly as I go off coffee completely when I am)
Lunch was ham, egg and toasted HiLo
Dinner was ham and cabbage soup made from leftover stock and meat from yesterday’s IP gammon. Salty and delicious and it’s done me the world of good.
@Chook I agree paracetamol and h/m hot lemon are the best things for a cold. I’m off to have a steamy bath after Strictly. Hope the car shopping was successful.
Hugs for virus take care

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a special day Ian and another one tomorrow. You are a lovely grandad.
Am looking forward to being a grandmother if I can hang on that long...I was an old mum at that time!
I’m looking forward to seeing my granddog cooper at Christmas! Grandchildren look a long way Off if at all but another dog may arrive next year I gather!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch yesterday: Barbequed yabbies from the dam at the block.
Dinner: Cold meat and salad.
Breakfast: Usul omelette, bacon, tomatoes.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea no sugar, lotsa water.

I have got a early appointment with the podiatrist for my last foot check for the year, then rip around the corner to my GP's appointment for my test results and a six monthly Prolia injection for my back.

I will work up a thirst and as i have to go past the bowls club on the way home pretty sure I will get a pot or two of my favourite drink.
Congratulations @Tipetoo on your excellent results x

Reactions: ianpspurs

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My house is quite chilly in the daytime and I’ve seen other people saying they prove dough on yoghurt setting, I think it should be ok like that but I’m convinced now it’s my mixing. It doesn’t look at all wet, quite stiff and solid actually but I haven’t been kneading much as the packet just says ‘mix’. I’d find it too stiff to mix for the 2-3 recommended minutes though so perhaps I really should tip it out and knead properly. It doesn’t rise at all - just sits there, a solid baleful lump.
OK I'm on catch up again. It should rise a fair bit. I put the yeast into a well in the centre of the mix, I use warm water and once I get it together I tip it out and knead in a warm place. Then I put it on its tray, cover and leave it to rise.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening All.
Breakfast today was slice LivLife toast, thick butter, tea x2.
Lunch: Egg Mayo and Little Gem leaves.
Supper: roast chunks aubergine, red onion (small) and tomato sprinkled with EVO and dried Italian herbs and seasoning.
Might have a g&s in order to celebrate @DJC’s success!

BTW I was looking at cookery books on Amazon today and saw that The Obesity Code Recipe book by Jason Fung is being released on 8 Jan, all LC recipes, but I wasnt able to have a look inside. I am thinking of buying Gino Express for one of the boys.
I've bought the Gino Express book. Lots of recipes requiring no, or very little, adjustment.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
https://www.lowcarb-nocarb.com/cheese-pops-low-carb-popcorn/

Moon cheese. The Americans as avid popcorn makers know how. I've considered getting son to dry them out in the dehydrator but DIL tells me they work just as well drying them out for 48 hrs.

Maglil - What does your DiL do for her cheesy popcorn (or did I misinterpret the end product)?

Edited to add - Apologies. Too excited about cheesy popcorn, so posted before looking at the link.

Mea culpa.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday 30 November - bed 5.6 FBG 6.4. Hubby off to football, I had to wait in for a parcel then off to the shops.
B. TAG with ADOC.
L. Still on cheese and ham toasties with LC bread.
D. The cold cuts again. One slice of ox tongue, turkey, roast pork and half slice of ham. Lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado, boiled egg and Helmans. Bit of DGF pumpkin spice brownie with raspberries and cream. It's not as spicy having been frozen first.
Weather was vile yesterday and today - Sunday 1 December. Bed 5.6 FBG 5.9. Usual trip to swimming lessons and taking son & DIL to the gym then pick up.
B. TAG with ADOC and a slice of LC toast with dairylea.
L. Are you kidding? Nothing.
D. Hubby reckons Masterchef has a lot to answer for. Battered out chicken breast which I dressed in my LC crumb, fried, poached egg on top. He drew the line at the brown butter sauce with capers. Served with wilted spinach. Usual campari and soda and another pumpkin spice brownie with raspberries and cream.
@Goonergal - glad to see you're mastering the IP. You'll soon wonder what you ever did without it. You need a new manager though. Things are not going well for your team.
@DJC3 - I seem to have missed your A1c figures but well done. They must be good judging from the comments.
@Chook - I think your BGs are coming under control nicely. It takes time and, as you know, they have a mind of their own. Keep at it. I know it helps me to keep track and record the figures.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Seafood platter, several pots of Gold at the club.
Dinner: Steak and salad.
Breakfast: Usual omelette, bacon, tomatoes.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugary stuff, beer, water.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maglil - What does your DiL do for her cheesy popcorn (or did I misinterpret the end product)?

Edited to add - Apologies. Too excited about cheesy popcorn, so posted before looking at the link.

Mea culpa.

Haha! Just dice up some brie and microwave it til puffed. Don’t let it go brown.
As it cools it will crisp up beautifully.

delish!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Left home straight after breakfast for a Low Carb Christmas meet up with the folks at the Low Carb Program. Cooking demos of low carb Xmas with tastings :hungry: Followed by a low carb buffet lunch.
Talks by Drs David and Jen Unwin. Q&A session. Brilliant day :)
Dinner back home: fry up, bacon, egg, mushrooms, sausage and tomato.

4DB575AF-F40A-4FF5-93A9-36C744B40CFB.jpeg

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3