Just a little advice...

swift

Hi everyone thanks for an excellent forum I read the posts on a regular basis and so many things come through that I either didn't know about or are applicable to me.

Right now life isn't great don't want to depress anyone :roll: but I need to ask a few questions and I find this is the best place to come....I have suffered a major loss very recently, obviously you don't feel great during these periods in our lives but my BS readings have completely gone off the boil, from being nice and steady for many months to having wide variations from very low say 3 to over 11, reading I wouldn't normally have. I am eating my normal diet and today have started to keep a food diary again but still tonight my reading is high and most mornings alarmingly high, I can't figure out why?

Do emotions and feeling low affect our BS or can we just blip like this and eventually it corrects itself? just not sure whats going on, any advice would be grateful.

Janx

ClaireG 06

Hi Jan

Stress can really mess with blood sugar levels, normally sending them higher. Have you been to see your Dr or DSN? It might be a good idea.

swift

Thanks Clare, no I haven't been to the surgery yet I keep hoping things will correct on their own, but I realise can't leave it to long.

swift

I didn't realise stress and upset could cause such a disturbance to levels so I've learn't something today.

Thanks WhitbyJet your kind words are appreciate and so right I can't take it all in, life is hard at times but such is life.x

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Hi Swift,

condolences to you and yours.

stress really does upset the human body, please take time to talk to someone and to share your grief.
Kind regards

Bernie

swift

Thanks Bernie I think you're right, I'm always the strong one but not this time and we've only just moved into Cheshire from Scotland just over a month ago, so not had the chance to make new friends yet....need to get a grip.

WhitbyJet

swift - no, you dont need to get a grip, you need to let it all out if you can do that. Keeping such upsetting things to yourself is ,to cause you more distress.

Oh how sad, I guess you feel very lonely there in Cheshire, please dont be hard on yourself, you have just suffered a loss, you would have to be made of stone to not be affected by it and you need some support.
Speak to your doctor or DSN re your diabetes, let them know how hard you find it to control this condition at the moment.

And you are not alone, you are part of a very caring forum x

swift

Yeah not easy at the moment and hubby away but home after the weekend, we can't choose these times and he's affected also, I'm sure I'll better when he's here.

It is a very caring forum and even though we're strangers to each other it's a real comfort to know people care and will support...thank you.x

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Swift,

You have a double whammy, you have moved to a strange area and also suffered a tragic loss, don't be hard on yourself, you are doing well by talking about it here.

Bernie
x