What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who rose early, other flowers available.

6.1 yesterday and 6.5 at 5:45 am today, this new meter is now sulking hehehehe.

Well folks are your decorations on show? Have you sorted out your menu for the festive season. Not wishing to brag Mrs J has, but some of her decorations seem to have a habit of moving around and hiding.

For those of you that are having a troubling time, stay strong, stay positive. Difficult to do, but it does help.
Have a great day all. I hope to, subject to Mrs J's whim.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning early risers. No idea why I’m awake at this time, still feeling rough but managing coffee so can’t be that bad.

@jjraak I’m so glad your nephew is still making progress, does he have no idea what happened to him?

@Muddy Cyclist I hope things start to improve a bit now that MIL is in hospital and you and your wife can have a proper rest. Sadly your tale of the unpromising admission saga is very familiar. I think hospitals are full to bursting with flu and Norovirus patient and everything is looking a bit precarious at the moment. .

Morning @DJC3

No, it's all just a blank to him.

On the subject of hospitals.

Lots of experience sadly, and while i get the crush of people who are ill etc.
it's not always those sick taking up space...though you are so right about the winter flu/viruses, etc

as i recall the weekends were the worst....by far.:wideyed:

it did used to make my blood boil, that we got shunted further down the line
while some idiot who drank too much, was dealt with asap, because they might choke, had fell or were just too disruptive..(Security guards in an A&E dept..please :rolleyes:)

god knows how the doctors and nurses cope with that kind of up close threat over time.
saints the lot of them.

I sound cold and hard, but iv'e never been like that EVER.
drunk yep, stupid, yep..but too dumb to stop when i couldn't stand...:banghead:

in London we have a drunk bus, and during the new years they set up tents in the parks to treat..
sounds like a good system, not clogging up the system, and once assessed, just need to turn
( like sausages on a griddle now and again)
until they awake from their slumber and lumber off home or back to the off licence to start all over again...probably

I'd happily make those who use /abuse the system PAY.
Treat, get details..if they're out good chance they have cards & id

then BILL them from the minute they call an ambulance to the minute they leave
(in fact most likely be of major benefit, if the bills i got was anything like close.:woot:
taking several hundred pounds out of their wallet, might just make the trip back to
A&E each weekend less enticing and deffo a one off...:D )

yes i'm aware it will never happen, lets hope all those thinking that's a good place to be
never have the joy of sitting opposite said drunken idiots and hers mates usually, shouting
and demanding a NURSE NOW because fluffy has coughed or just puked..again.:rolleyes:

while our loved ones lay quietly in pain.
and move slowly further down the queue.

Reactions: dunelm and DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A very belated Morning from the Sunnyish North, I had the misfortune of a rather nasty Hypo last night (12:30 if anyone is interested) which resulted in my sitting on the downstairs WC, for some reason I couldn't stand up, wondering why I was there with rivers of sweat flowing off me! I was so discombobulated (love that word no Idea what it means though) that I nearly had to call my wife for help! I can just picture the scene now "help Michelle I feel funny" huff and puffing, grumbles from upstairs "this better be worth me getting up for, or I'll give you what for...…...Oh look at you all poorly lets help you (through gritted teeth) I'll just give you a little clip round the lug later" or something like that! But I managed to sort myself out, but it took 45 minutes and am still feeling its effects now. Doomy must have took pity on me and no fight was needed as it just presented me with 7.1 (better than the 1.9 earlier) on reflection I should have asked for help as it was a unpleasant, and I will admit a frightening one as it's been a while since I have had one as bad as that. Apologies for the waffle, it's only blooming FRIDAY!!! time to run around visiting houses of ill repute and where drink is imbibed and we all sing songs and have a laugh! or not as whatever takes your fancy. Take care everyone, and please accept hugs and well done's in equal measure. Have a good weekend everyone.
How awful for you. Hope you are feeling better now.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
"..Morning listeners..if you just tuned in, .i've just come down from the highlands

I'm now in amongst the natives of McGarrett plains,

For those who know their geography, i'm just past the fork in the river,
the french named D'iabetes..at a place known locally as 5.7

Natives seem friendly.

Rumour has it they are dangerous and a blood thirsty lot.
They are supposed to smother themselves in Fat, and dance around naked worshipping raw chicken
and can go from happy to grumpy in the space of a meal,
a curse said to be laid on them by the devils assistant, Shughaar.

The day starts with the morning ceremony of worship
the tribe gather and in shows of bravery and trust in their chosen Lord, LoKarbi
they pierce their skins and exclaim in high pitch the amount they shed.

It is, so legend has it.. how this part of McGarrett Plains got it's name.

I admit to being worried, yet honoured

The chief elders ...Iron spurs, Haribo, Mother of Penguins, DoneLm and Old but not broken
have invited me to tomorrows ceremony.....:wideyed:

despite that , meeting the OOhhmif-inga tribe has been a revelation.

Kind, friendly caring, willing to share with me, an absolute stranger.. and outsider to boot.

but fiercely defensive of their way of life, so i'm trying to fit in, but if i'm honest
apart from all the blood letting, it's like anywhere else..so far..:wacky:

More after tomorrows ceremony.....i hope :***:

till then travel safe,
& be kind to strangers "
we were all one once..:happy:
Brilliant

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning @DJC3

No, it's all just a blank to him.

On the subject of hospitals.

Lots of experience sadly, and while i get the crush of people who are ill etc.
it's not always those sick taking up space...though you are so right about the winter flu/viruses, etc

as i recall the weekends were the worst....by far.:wideyed:

it did used to make my blood boil, that we got shunted further down the line
while some idiot who drank too much, was dealt with asap, because they might choke, had fell or were just too disruptive..(Security guards in an A&E dept..please :rolleyes:)

god knows how the doctors and nurses cope with that kind of up close threat over time.
saints the lot of them.

I sound cold and hard, but iv'e never been like that EVER.
drunk yep, stupid, yep..but too dumb to stop when i couldn't stand...:banghead:

in London we have a drunk bus, and during the new years they set up tents in the parks to treat..
sounds like a good system, not clogging up the system, and once assessed, just need to turn
( like sausages on a griddle now and again)
until they awake from their slumber and lumber off home or back to the off licence to start all over again...probably

I'd happily make those who use /abuse the system PAY.
Treat, get details..if they're out good chance they have cards & id

then BILL them from the minute they call an ambulance to the minute they leave
(in fact most likely be of major benefit, if the bills i got was anything like close.:woot:
taking several hundred pounds out of their wallet, might just make the trip back to
A&E each weekend less enticing and deffo a one off...:D )

yes i'm aware it will never happen, lets hope all those thinking that's a good place to be
never have the joy of sitting opposite said drunken idiots and hers mates usually, shouting
and demanding a NURSE NOW because fluffy has coughed or just puked..again.:rolleyes:

while our loved ones lay quietly in pain.
and move slowly further down the queue.

So many alcohol related admissions to hospital, it really is a worry and such a drain on resources. I agree, I don’t know how the staff on the front line cope with it day and night, constantly. I’ve seen those drunk tanks on tv and think they are a good way to relieve the pressure on the A&E staff, especially at weekends, but what to do to tackle the problem in general? Why on earth do people feel the need to get completely bladdered every weekend?
My daughter lives in Newquay and was supposed to be going to a friend’s leaving do last night but she didn’t want to go out as she said that whenever there’s a big fight on tv ( Anthony Joshua and Ruiz last night I think) all the pubs show it, everyone gets drunk then piles out into the streets and starts fighting. She says it happens every time, the whole town just seems to erupt. Madness!

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
What a day. The MIL saga continues and we have left her in the hands of the hospital. Paramedics were excellent at 1400 hours today but said too many flags raised and although reluctant to do so took her to hospital. At 22.30 hours she finally ended up on a ward and Mrs MC came home with me, but lots of waiting for doctors, lost blood test results, badly maintained intravenous drips, full catheter sacks that did not get emptied until on ward and doctors that could not communicate or be understood. I sat in a corridor for the whole of that time, cafe had nothing I could eat so arrived home hungry and tired, for the pleasure of the experience parking cost £6.50.
My BG after 12 hours of no food ended up at 6.3 and eating late when home doesn't bode well for the morning. Still MIL is in safe hands, we hope and Mrs MC can get some rest.

I also had some bad news as a 96 year old Aunty passed away this morning. So really was a bad day.

Again lots of posts since I left this morning.

@Debandez sorry to hear you are still fighting those bugs, look after yourself.

Anyone having Christmas Tree pet problems should maybe try one of these.....

View attachment 37078

My sympathies to you and Mrs MC.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm glad you are well!

@DJC3 i am not exactly lolloping but am snug in bed with KittenCat, bear, and two Androids.
Will now turn out light and seek sleep.

h01149.gif
t2254 (1).gif
h01149.gif

t09115.gif

Reactions: alf_Josiah

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning and a busy day ahead for a Sunday.

Meeting up with the businesses that are contributing or actively taking part in helping the homeless. The church has pulled out this year, not sure why but they have spent a lot on renovations. On the plus side, the local chip shop is whipping up fish and chips for Christmas Day (a first) whilst the Chinese takeaway is giving on Boxing Day.

Those are new additions to our usuals and means we can widen our net. Our area doesn't have a big problem with homelessness so we tend to range out a bit and means we can link up with others doing the same. Its been a good year so far and even though local commerce only adds their weight around now, it is still valued.

Enjoy the day :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I forget to post fbg...
Oh well.

Have a lovely Sunday
It is windy here

t110011.gif

t110010.gif

t110003.gif
t110008.gif

I was thinking of gardening today.....after I have straightened up the chaos the wind has done in the night...

Last edited:
Reactions: UserABC2021

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
day off...so can have lie in..yes :D

NO...Stupid brain says... "Wake up early," ....obviously...:banghead:

Anyways 5.6 happy with that,
lamb chops from the Turkish, comes with rice & bread.:bag:
large red wine..(ok bottle.:arghh:)

and i tipped 7.9 after 2 hrs.
didn't test after that.
but did go to bed...Hic..:wacky:

Thank you for good wishes @SaskiaKC , most kind.

nephew still in ICU but conscious and now talking.
went saw him Friday afternoon
confused, and last two weeks are a mystery to him.

Knows who we all are, but thinks every one else in ward is a famous footballer, celebrity or TV star..???

tested by psych nurse, thinks John major is prime minister so a little behind the curve but doesn't seem to be too damaged mentally, thank god.

Still has major concerns re kidneys, liver, blood clots, severe bruising..i do mean severe all up his arms where drips,meds and electrics were connected to him...BUT
he's back from the brink, god willing.
Lets hope the improvements continues.

thank you all so much for the hugs, likes, good wishes and prayers.
has meant a lot during a very worrying time.

family are most appreciative of ALL your kind thoughts & prayers..xxx
So glad he is on the mend and going from strength to strength.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the episode of Wind in the Apple Trees and shrubbery.

The wonder wheel of not watching a boxing match and a disappointing Sauce Vierge yesterday spluttered out a 5.1 this am

A bit of respite yesterday morning to give daughter and her husband the chance of a bit of sleep and granddaughter behaved wonderfully by sleeping through the whole thing - she is a bit of a night bird at present. MIL transported to a Christmas Fair and gala bingo, raffle, table top home made food and hot beverage fundraiser with some of her pals.
My winter fuel payment appreciation letter arrived yesterday - well that’s a load off my mind - will spend my stupendous annual windfall on another load of logs. Still, better than a kick in the shins by some smug government cutback enthusiast.

Thoughts for those living through difficult times. Have the best day that you can.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.8 today happy to be in the 5s.
What a lot of challenges for you all. @Muddy Cyclist prob good that MIL is being treated in hospital but getting her on a ward sounds awful so hugs to you and Mrs MC. I hope you can catch up on your sleep. I feel for the food issue in hospitals because it isnt just on the wards, the cafes are full of carby, sweet food. No wonder your BG rose despite not eating. @jjraak goos news about your nephew and still praying for a full recovery, even it might be slow. @OldButBold respect for helping such a noble cause. @DJC3 glad you can stay in the warm with coffee. @ianpspurs safe journey to Southampton and back and have a wonderful family day.
@Debandez so sorry to hear you are still very unwell, it sounds like proper flu. You are coping really well. Happy Diaversary today my twin two years for me also today. Sending hugs from afar and be proud today of all you have done to help the health of others as well as your own.
Hugs to all struggling in whatever way. Stay/get well, stay safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OldButBold respect for helping such a noble cause.

Thank you PM, though I must say I don't see it as noble, human kindness and care for one another is part of our nature. When we deny it in ourselves we divorce our soul from the very definition of 'humanity', it doesn't take much to notice those worse off than we are and to reach out. Even if it is a pair of socks, a sandwich, or a coffee, nothing noble in that.

Charity begins at home, and home is where the heart is, so charity begins in the heart of us all.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Meeting up with the businesses that are contributing or actively taking part in helping the homeless
Homelessness is a major factor in the many problems our society has...from depression/mental health/ excess alcohol consumption & drug use...I do contribute regularly monthly to homeless & other charities ...just small regular amounts that way they can claim gift aid...at Christmas I add extra for Crisis at Christmas & the Salvation Army...when we've had a bad day or faced abusive aggressive behaviour so good to get home where you can feel safe...to not have that security to sleep out on the streets/or to fight for a space in a hostel the thought of it often drives me to tears that sense of hopelessness often leads to a downwards spiral of despair...I understand the feeling of frustration when A&E departments have disruptive behaviour from drunks/drug abusers...the lack of resources for those we perceive as genuinely ill/sick...however I think we need to look at the root cause & tackle that rather than waiting for the symptoms to appear before we offer help...our society is reactive there doesn't seem to be any impetus to prevent...rather like T2 diabetes care...I am not an apologist I have a strong sense of reality...however when I see how people are affected by the lack of care/support in the course of my work it never fails to disappoint me.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37 and SaskiaKC

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you PM, though I must say I don't see it as noble, human kindness and care for one another is part of our nature. When we deny it in ourselves we divorce our soul from the very definition of 'humanity', it doesn't take much to notice those worse off than we are and to reach out. Even if it is a pair of socks, a sandwich, or a coffee, nothing noble in that.

Charity begins at home, and home is where the heart is, so charity begins in the heart of us all.
Yes agree sorry used wrong word but hope you understand that.

Reactions: jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...recovered from my ailments of yesterday...NO HUGS please it was self inflicted & deserved today I am resolved not to do that again any time soon...big hugs for @Muddy Cyclist @jjraak @Debandez clearly needed in very trying circumstances @Muddy Cyclist thank goodness MIL has yours & your wife's support it is a battle to get the care necessary nowadays...and @jjraak positive signs of recovery beginning you've all come so far from recent weeks...yesterday was spent in an orgy of self indulgence...watched Love Actually & Bridget Jones Baby (again) while lounging on the sofa in front of a lovely coal fire...today I have to make amends to the housework/paperwork & my T2...woke to a 6.3 so a small improvement.