What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK I'm on catch up again. It should rise a fair bit. I put the yeast into a well in the centre of the mix, I use warm water and once I get it together I tip it out and knead in a warm place. Then I put it on its tray, cover and leave it to rise.

Yeast? I haven’t been adding yeast! Have I misread it? That would certainly explain a lot!

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
No food today - just water. I seem to have had a repeat of whatever put me into hospital a few months ago, only not so bad. I thought of calling a doctor, but it was Friday night. I didn't bother with NHS 24 - can't actually remember the number - memory all to pot just now. I went back to sleep but when I woke up, I couldn't easily move for the pain in my bones and joints. Eventually managed to get up and take co-codamol (full dose for the first time in many months) and have slept in my big kitchen chair ever since, drinking water and trying to keep warm under layers of fleece and an elderly quilt I keep in the kitchen for the purpose. Took another (half) dose of co-codamol at mid-day and finally started to feel more human about 8 pm. Still not eating though and bit concerned over the plumbing - I must have had at least 2 litres of water today so something should be happening. Probably be fine tomorrow.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
07-12-19
BG 5.6
CWC x2, nut granola
Lunch leek soup, Forgot to add the soured cream, so even less tasty today. 2 slices pain kapnor with creamy blue cheese, tea.
Dinner BG before 4.6 ( maybe something to do with hauling buckets of rubble this afternoon?)
Chicken thigh roasted with celery salt and lemon, 2 tiny potatoes, few carrots, brocolli, Savoy cabbage and gravy. Glass of white wine. Did pour a second glass, but most went back into the fridge.
BG @ 2 hours 4.9
Cannot remember the last time I saw a 4.

Bathroom trips are fewer, but still experiencing considerable urgency.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick report - will catch up with reading others reports later. Back home in worcs with mum after her sisters funeral and our motorway travels
Dinner tonight - had beef brisket and sprouts with bacon followed by my lc pretend jammy sponge pudding - about to have hotel choc chocolate cream! Mmm .......
Funeral yesterday was the usual buffet high carb offerings with the most popular item with attendees being i think dripping on toast - as it ran out! Luckily some cheese on offer too for low carbers like me - so ended up with this and black coffee.
Hoping to get mum involved with Christmas tree decorating tomorrow - hoping our decorations will stir happy memories for her of the ones she bought us on holidays in New York, San Francisco and amsterdam.
Need to distract myself Tommorow before tooth extraction on Monday!

Glad you got back safe and sound with your mum. I can well imagine dripping on toast being a popular item, especially with that generation. My dad used to love it too.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeast? I haven’t been adding yeast! Have I misread it? That would certainly explain a lot!
There's a little pack inside the bread mix. Just a small sachet. The question is, if you've not been opening and adding it, where is it going??

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs - sorry to read Julie is unwell. I hope by the time I get to the end of the post reading she has recovered. On a happier note, what a goal from Son yesterday! @Tipetoo - great results. Many congratulations. @Annb - I hope you are doing better once I catch up on the reading.
Think I'm up to Monday 2 December. Bed 6.5 FBG 6.1. This week has been even busier than usual. The weather had been pretty horrible and as a result I'm suffering badly with my legs which is making it stop/start trying to get things done. I did go to Aqua this morning though which loosened the muscles in my legs for a while.
B. TAG with ADOC.
L. After Aqua - LC ham and cheese toastie.
D. After dealing with grandsons frantic opening of Advent calendar doors (Lego & chocolate), getting them home, Hubby deciding he wanted chicken & chips from chip shop...I had a mish mash. Slice of ox tongue, egg mayonnaise, small avocado, remains of some prawns, fresh anchovies, mini plum tomatoes, lettuce and I stole a couple of Hubby's chips.
Got more Christmas presents ordered in between trying out my Bissell carpet machine which has arrived. Just did the large rug downstairs. It is a lot lighter than the Rug doctor due to a much smaller water tank so more filling. However, it is not that long since I did all the carpets following all the work from the various disasters and I was stunned by the colour of the water. I'll be doing it again since it is obviously getting deep down. Rather pleased with my purchase now.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday 3 December - Bed 6.1 FBG 5.9. Another chaotic day but satisfying. No. 1's jacket had disappeared almost 1 week ago and he was pretty down in the dumps as this was the second vanishing jacket. I had a word with the janitor as I had my suspicions about where it had gone. He caught up with me later that day and sure enough it had been found. The utter delight on No 1's face was a joy as he really likes that jacket. Janitor got a hug from him. In between I had chiropodist and shopping. Parking is a nightmare already with the Chrismas rush building up.
B. TAG with ADOC
L. Nibbled on a couple of M&S mini egg and bacon muffins, 2 falafels and a couple of rollitos.
D. More nibbles. Another two mini muffins, falafels, lettuce, tomato, avocado. DGF Choc Orange brownie warmed with raspberries and cream. Very festive taste.
Wednesday 4 December. Bed 6.2 FBG 5.8. I'm not sleeping well due to my legs so I'm surprised my BGs are staying so stable. Got the boys a lot later today due to a talk at the school so it was 7.45pm before I got them home.
B. TAG with ADOC. Knowing I had boys later I had a couple of M&S's posh dogs with mustard and a fried egg.
L. Nothing. Both boys out if school sharp as it was school visit to the panto day so got them back to feed them. Hubby had made broth.
D. After keeping gradually tiring boys amused, getting them home etc I wasn't in the mood for a meal so had a LC cheese and ham toastie followed by a DGF strawberry and cream blondie.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Happy Sunday everyone!

Car shopping was BORING. Mr C decided he wants a brand new car (after years of saying he wouldn't ever buy a brand new car). So after several hours of me struggling to get in and out of various cars we found a Citroen (I think) that meets all our requirements apart from the stupid colour. They are getting one in on Wednesday that hasn't got a red roof so we'll probably end up with that. Why have the roof a different colour from the rest of the bodywork???? Mad!

I woke up with a nasty cold this morning so I will keep this quick.

Friday bed: 5.8

Saturday FBG: 6.0
Breakfast was just a mixed spice flavoured chaffle with some carb free syrup
2 hours later: 5.8

Lunch: 4.6!!
20g Advent calendar cheese (yes, @ianpspurs it was the Wensleydale / ginger one - quite nice. That Mexicana one for today was AWFUL, I nibbled a tiny corner of it and it nearly blew my socks off and much as I like chilli and garlic I just can't get rid of the taste, far too strong)
2 hours later: 4.7

Dinner: 4.9
Quorn Roast, cauliflower, broccoli, sprouts, one piece of roast parsnip, h/m sugar free cranberry sauce and gravy
2 hours later: 6.1 (I'm pleased with that!)

Bed: 5.8

Drinks: Ordinary Tassimo coffee for breakfast and diet Pepsi to take tablets, then decaff coffee until lunch time. Lots of water throughout the day and a couple of glasses of wine while cooking and eating dinner.

More carbs than usual but because Mr Chook works Sunday to Thursday we have our Sunday roast dinner on Saturdays.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
3.20 pm and I just decided I'd better eat something. Until this I had only had water and some pills. Best thing would have been scrambled egg (after fasting for a day) but couldn't be bothered so I just had 2 RyVita and some cheese. It wasn't a good idea. RyVita has been in the cupboard for a long time and was pretty stale. I thought I ought to get some fibre into me though to try to sort out my system, which is way out of kilter. Might work. We'll see. Had lots of drinks today and am about to have another cup of something to take Metformin with. Don't think I'll eat anything else today.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.20 pm and I just decided I'd better eat something. Until this I had only had water and some pills. Best thing would have been scrambled egg (after fasting for a day) but couldn't be bothered so I just had 2 RyVita and some cheese. It wasn't a good idea. RyVita has been in the cupboard for a long time and was pretty stale. I thought I ought to get some fibre into me though to try to sort out my system, which is way out of kilter. Might work. We'll see. Had lots of drinks today and am about to have another cup of something to take Metformin with. Don't think I'll eat anything else today.
Ann sorry you have been having such a tough time and really hope so much you start to turn the corner to feel better. Codeine is a very effective painkiller but it does bind you. Sending you hugs.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today had usual Sunday of tea x2 early. Then brunch with Mr PM at noon, I had 2 sausages, 2 rashers and 2 fried eggs Supper later is a chicken & mushroom braise (cant mention the word “casserole” in this house! Causes great offence.

@Chook hope the cold doesnt get too bad. A lot of people seem to have the virus.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 hug for the painful legs. It doesnt stop you though, shampooing carpets not the lightest of jobs. Glad the machine purchased is working out.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Question re Full Fat Greek yogurt. I like to use Fage because it doesnt have a strong flavour and always have some around. Can it be used like cream in sauces or soup without splitting does anyone know.

Reactions: Annb and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Question re Full Fat Greek yogurt. I like to use Fage because it doesnt have a strong flavour and always have some around. Can it be used like cream in sauces or soup without splitting does anyone know.
Yes. I've used it mostly in curry if I've overdone the spices. Sometimes it splits but you can usually pull it back with determined mixing.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. OMAD so far - still deciding whether to eat again today.

Double bacon cheeseburger in a pub that managed to leave off the bun, but didn’t quite get that ‘just the burgers, bacon and cheese’ meant just that. Large pile of salad, chips and onion rings discarded.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's a little pack inside the bread mix. Just a small sachet. The question is, if you've not been opening and adding it, where is it going??

Haha haha it occurred to me after I’d posted the above. I was puzzling about it - re reading the instructions on the pack, which don’t mention yeast at all! then... lightbulb moment... there was a little sachet which I didn’t even look at, I assumed it was a desiccant to keep it dry and chucked it away LOL . I don’t think Im ever going to live this down here.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: roast chicken, one small roast potato, mixed veg and gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: raspberry phd bar and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake :hungry:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone. I’ve eaten quite a lot today - must be this cold making me hungry. ( @Chook I sympathise) To make it worse our gas has run out ( we have propane cylinders, no mains gas in these parts) so it’s bloomin freezing everywhere except the living room which is lovely and toasty with the woodburner fired up.
Breakfast was cheese and ham omelette. CWC
Lunch a few bits of salami, olives and my new favourite thing - microwave Brie crisps. Thanks @maglil55 for the idea.
Dinner: roast sirloin, buttered cabbage, roast sprouts and broccoli stalks. Glass of red.
Just had a few more Brie ‘crisps’

I am still blushing over the yeast!

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday 08/12/19
Breakfast: Usual low carb porridge with 90g greek yogurt
Lunch: 138g cucumber, 40g light tasty cheese
Dinner 162g cold pot roast, 244g cauliflower, 100g broccoli,, 81g green beans, 2 XL eggs. Quite impressed with the pot roast it was a beef topside roast. Once the fatcap had been trimmed off after cooking, it was really nice lean beef.