What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
day off...so can have lie in..yes :D

NO...Stupid brain says... "Wake up early," ....obviously...:banghead:

Anyways 5.6 happy with that,
lamb chops from the Turkish, comes with rice & bread.:bag:
large red wine..(ok bottle.:arghh:)

and i tipped 7.9 after 2 hrs.
didn't test after that.
but did go to bed...Hic..:wacky:

Thank you for good wishes @SaskiaKC , most kind.

nephew still in ICU but conscious and now talking.
went saw him Friday afternoon
confused, and last two weeks are a mystery to him.

Knows who we all are, but thinks every one else in ward is a famous footballer, celebrity or TV star..???

tested by psych nurse, thinks John major is prime minister so a little behind the curve but doesn't seem to be too damaged mentally, thank god.

Still has major concerns re kidneys, liver, blood clots, severe bruising..i do mean severe all up his arms where drips,meds and electrics were connected to him...BUT
he's back from the brink, god willing.
Lets hope the improvements continues.

thank you all so much for the hugs, likes, good wishes and prayers.
has meant a lot during a very worrying time.

family are most appreciative of ALL your kind thoughts & prayers..xxx

That is good to here bud, and right now John Major would get my vote, but then Atilla the Hun would get my vote above the present set of clowns

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
.however I think we need to look at the root cause & tackle that rather than waiting for the symptoms to appear before we offer help...our society is no longer it's reactive there doesn't seem to be any impetus to prevent...rather like T2 diabetes care...I am not an apologist I have a strong sense of reality...however when I see how people are affected by the lack of care/support in the course of my work it never fails to disappoint me.

Never a truer word is written.

I have been homeless and have felt the lack of help and care for those that need it. Capitalism, at its height, is a poor mistress of those in need plus the virtual collapse of true societal values within our cities leads to a hedonistic lifestyle that objectifies those that need help the most as the worst of the worst.

Sadly, I personally do not think there is a way to fix this. The generations based on greed and self-service have ingrained their values into society. Of course, not all countries are like this, having lived in quite a few I have seen the elderly and infirm cared for within a community. There is hope 'out there', maybe we need another Flood :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is hope 'out there',
There is hope OBB I wouldn't necessarily advocate a flood ( I realise that was rhetorical) however we need a major change in how we judge/view those at the bottom of the social/economical/isolated scale what happens this coming week will be a major influence...I am positively voting for change looking at my options for a tactical vote...my best option is Labour so as a regular Labour voter that's a win win for me...austerity has brought us to this point it's time for a change for the better.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

b0201.gif
b0255.gif
b0252.gif

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One slight problem with my intended gardening, which was to prune buddleia bushes...

The mice have chewed the fingers of my brand new gardening gloves...

So bare hands and secateurs...

I got two bushes down, but the brambles got my hands...and the dust and bits from the seedheads got my chest and I am coughing and sneezing my head off.

In bed with cat now waiting for antihistamine to take effect.

So new gardening gloves on my shopping list tomorrow and a metal tin to keep them in. Mice don't chew through metal do they?

I told Popeye he has to catch more mice...he says he is full up with mice (and reminds me he had a mice feast last night - actually he did) and it's too cold to go out today...and in between blankets is the only place for a self respecting cat today...

t09159.gif

Reactions: dunelm

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.4 this morning. I'm surprised I slept as well as I did, considering that my body must have been working overtime fighting the gingersnaps and milk I fed it last night.
p0203.gif

It is Advent. I am in charge of a shelter for abused organs named Liver, Pancreas, and Heart, all supposed to support -- but usually having to defend themselves against -- Brain. Unfortunately, there is a feral Appetite prowling around too close for comfort
h19021.gif
and Discipline seems to be very UNdisciplined ...
t31132.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One slight problem with my intended gardening, which was to prune buddleia bushes...

The mice have chewed the fingers of my brand new gardening gloves...

So bare hands and secateurs...

I got two bushes down, but the brambles got my hands...and the dust and bits from the seedheads got my chest and I am coughing and sneezing my head off.

In bed with cat now waiting for antihistamine to take effect.

So new gardening gloves on my shopping list tomorrow and a metal tin to keep them in. Mice don't chew through metal do they?

I told Popeye he has to catch more mice...he says he is full up with mice (and reminds me he had a mice feast last night - actually he did) and it's too cold to go out today...and in between blankets is the only place for a self respecting cat today...

View attachment 37089

At the barns where I rode, the horses' feed was usually kept in metal bins to keep the mice and rats out. I once saw a plastic jug of cat food that had been chewed right through -- probably not by the barn cat!
The KittenCat agrees with Popeye -- either between the blankets or between the blanket and the human is the only place to be. ^. .^

Reactions: DJC3

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shamelessly stole @Cocosilk ..https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/normal-blood-glucose-1-and-2-hours-after-a-meal.170366/

thread piece re Normal Numbers.

thought i might be an interesting read, for those a little newer..(or older..;))

though we are different in how we respond, it's still nice to have a ball park figure to aim for,
i always feel.

https://diabeticmediterraneandiet.com/what-is-normal-blood-sugar/

What Is a Normal Blood Sugar Level?
The following numbers refer to average blood sugar (glucose) levels in venous plasma, as measured in a lab. Portable home glucose meters measure sugar in capillary whole blood. Many, but not all, meters in 2010 are calibrated to compare directly to venous plasma levels.

Fasting blood sugar after a night of sleep and before breakfast: 85 mg/dl (4.72 mmol/l)

One hour after a meal: 110 mg/dl (6.11 mmol/l)

Two hours after a meal: 95 mg/dl (5.28 mmol/l)

Five hours after a meal: 85 mg/dl (4.72 mmol/l)

(The aforementioned meal derives 50–55% of its energy from carbohydrate)

Ranges of blood sugar for young healthy non-diabetic adults:

Fasting blood sugar: 70–90 mg/dl (3.89–5.00 mmol/l)

One hour after a typical meal: 90–125 mg/dl (5.00–6.94 mmol/l)

Two hours after a typical meal: 90–110 mg/dl (5.00–6.11 mmol/l)

Five hours after a typical meal: 70–90 mg/dl (3.89–5.00 mmol/l)

Blood sugars tend to be a bit lower in pregnant women.

Blood Sugar Goals For My Personal Diabetic And Prediabetic Patients
Ideally, normal glucose levels before and after meals, with normal hemoglobin A1c.

Realistically, these are acceptable fall-back positions:

Fasting blood sugar: under 100 mg/dl (5.56 mmol/l)

One hour after meals: under 150 mg/dl (8.33 mmol/l)

Two hours after meals: under 130 mg/dl (7.22mmol/l)

Hemoglobin A1c: 6% or less

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday was a day with lots to sort and a 6.1 at 6am which was not a surprise and 5.3 at the end of the day.

So many posts to catch up with so please forgive me for a global thank you to each of you offering support and kindness to Mrs MC and myself regarding MILs hospitalisation, it is much appreciated.

Another long and difficult day at the hospital, offering little hope whilst showing humanity at its best and frailest.

Sleep well one and all.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening all, a 6.7 on the dice today, I don't know where that came from I thought I'd behaved pretty well over the weekend and I woke up expecting a cheese on toast score. T2=nasty little blighter.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up early at 05:30 working today in East London I hope to be back early afternoon...so much to do before the kittens arrive tomorrow... I failed to tackle the growing mini mountain of paperwork so that must be attended to...enjoyed the weekend the majority of which was spent lounging in front of the TV watching some classic old films...woke to a 6.5

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
09-12-19
Good morning everyone.
Today 5 4. Am surprised as it was an unusual night, lot of wind noise waking me several times, but no bathroom trips. Maybe have to actually get out of bed to trigger DP, as opposed to check the time and attempt more sleep.
Made the jelly, it cleared well, but the jars( bought specially for it) turned out to be inadequate. They don't make a seal, so will have to repack it, along with the pickled walnuts.
It's still dark here and with this strong, gusty wind am wondering if all our trees are still standing.
Lists made and shopping planned today, but after the man has come to connect us with phone line and tv. Would not want to be wrestling a satellite dish in this weather.
Maybe he will cancel?
Meanwhile making more lists. Hoping for a more productive day. Yesterday was lot of activity but little achieved.

Edited to correct date.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.2

Got to dash, a busy day, starting with the dentist, but it’s only a check up. Catch you all later and read your posts then....

Have a good Monday
Hugs for anyone who needs them.
The parking Angel is with all those of you who need to find an instant parking space.
Take care x

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 this morning. A bit low again. 4.6 last night.

Have been puzzling why on Saturday my BS stayed just under 7 for 5 whole hours after having 1/3 packet of Aldi Thai curry sauce with sirloin and cauli rice. The sauce was 3.6 carbs and the ingredients all looked OK. Total carbs for the day 20g.

The sauce is so lovely but this is the second time I have eaten it with the same result which probably means sadly that it's a no no.

Last night's chicken with asparagus and mushrooms done in butter and raspberries and cream resulted in 5.8. Total carbs for the day were also 20g.