What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha haha it occurred to me after I’d posted the above. I was puzzling about it - re reading the instructions on the pack, which don’t mention yeast at all! then... lightbulb moment... there was a little sachet which I didn’t even look at, I assumed it was a desiccant to keep it dry and chucked it away LOL . I don’t think Im ever going to live this down here.
Ha ha no wonder that your kneading technique isn’t working!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all. Pleasant journey to Soton and really good time with son, DiL and granddaughter. OMAD at a carvery - not for me these days but everyone else enjoyed it. Even the tea was that hideous PG tips:arghh: I ate some Turkey and lamb as beef too well done for me. Veg were not great but had sprouts, red cabbage and something purporting to be cauliflower cheese. Hilton have redeemed themselves with the Soton Doubletree which usually has excellent breakfast which may be OMAD tomorrow.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4DCFAB30-1450-421C-9F52-21A27E545EB0.jpeg Just been block watching the crown with mum to distract self from tomorrow and my tooth extraction - warm thoughts and hugs needed from afar at 9.30 in the morning! Managed three episodes this evening and more planned tomorrow after appt.
Breakfast bacon, egg and toasted chaffle
Lunch bit of cheese, celery and one hotel chocolate choc
Dinner roast chicken, cauliflower cheese and one sausage - pudding lc apple crumble and cream plus a glass of HC choc creme to celebrate our Christmas tree brought in from garden where it lives in a pot for other 11 months and mum seemed to enjoy decorating it with us....... several friends have informed me that I may get some wildlife appearing as my tree warms up as now it’s been brought indoors - not noticed this in previous years we’ve brought it indoors but will keep my eyes peeled! At least it’s in conservatory and not the lounge!

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Sunday everyone!

Car shopping was BORING. Mr C decided he wants a brand new car (after years of saying he wouldn't ever buy a brand new car). So after several hours of me struggling to get in and out of various cars we found a Citroen (I think) that meets all our requirements apart from the stupid colour. They are getting one in on Wednesday that hasn't got a red roof so we'll probably end up with that. Why have the roof a different colour from the rest of the bodywork???? Mad!

I woke up with a nasty cold this morning so I will keep this quick.

Friday bed: 5.8

Saturday FBG: 6.0
Breakfast was just a mixed spice flavoured chaffle with some carb free syrup
2 hours later: 5.8

Lunch: 4.6!!
20g Advent calendar cheese (yes, @ianpspurs it was the Wensleydale / ginger one - quite nice. That Mexicana one for today was AWFUL, I nibbled a tiny corner of it and it nearly blew my socks off and much as I like chilli and garlic I just can't get rid of the taste, far too strong)
2 hours later: 4.7

Dinner: 4.9
Quorn Roast, cauliflower, broccoli, sprouts, one piece of roast parsnip, h/m sugar free cranberry sauce and gravy
2 hours later: 6.1 (I'm pleased with that!)

Bed: 5.8

Drinks: Ordinary Tassimo coffee for breakfast and diet Pepsi to take tablets, then decaff coffee until lunch time. Lots of water throughout the day and a couple of glasses of wine while cooking and eating dinner.

More carbs than usual but because Mr Chook works Sunday to Thursday we have our Sunday roast dinner on Saturdays.

Gosh Chook - Those numbers look good? I hope your cold doesn't mess them up for you!

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ann sorry you have been having such a tough time and really hope so much you start to turn the corner to feel better. Codeine is a very effective painkiller but it does bind you. Sending you hugs.

That's why I try not to take any but when I have to it's usually just a half dose to take the edge off the pain. Constipation has been creeping up on me for several days - so it's not that, although I don't suppose it will have helped. I did take some lactulose to see if that would help - a mistake and probably what led me to feel so ill - it contains lactose (should be allright), galactose(based on lactose, so should be allright), epilactose (same as the last 2, but seems to be a more complex chemical process to produce it) and frucrose (definitely a baddy). It's horribly sweet, but I don't know if that would have caused what happened. It can get really complicated, can't it? I'll have to do something though. Maybe eat a lot of cauliflower rice - that ought to do it. Must get some cauliflower tomorrow.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 37095 Just been block watching the crown with mum to distract self from tomorrow and my tooth extraction - warm thoughts and hugs needed from afar at 9.30 in the morning! Managed three episodes this evening and more planned tomorrow after appt.
Dinner roast chicken, cauliflower cheese and one sausage - pudding lc apple crumble and cream plus a glass of HC choc creme to celebrate our Christmas tree brought in from garden where it lives in a pot for other 11 months and mum seemed to enjoy decorating it with us....... several friends have informed me that I may get some wildlife appearing as my tree warms up as now it’s been brought indoors - not noticed this in previous years we’ve brought it indoors but will keep my eyes peeled! At least it’s in conservatory and not the lounge!

Hugs from here in the north. I'll definitely be thinking of you at 9.30 tomorrow. As it happens, I just broke a bit more off of a tooth I had sworn not to go to the dentist about. May have to after all.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 37095 Just been block watching the crown with mum to distract self from tomorrow and my tooth extraction - warm thoughts and hugs needed from afar at 9.30 in the morning! Managed three episodes this evening and more planned tomorrow after appt.

I’ll be thinking of you and sending hugs and soothing empathetic vibes to you tomorrow morning.
I’ve heard a lot of people talking about The Crown, I must start watching.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's why I try not to take any but when I have to it's usually just a half dose to take the edge off the pain. Constipation has been creeping up on me for several days - so it's not that, although I don't suppose it will have helped. I did take some lactulose to see if that would help - a mistake and probably what led me to feel so ill - it contains lactose (should be allright), galactose(based on lactose, so should be allright), epilactose (same as the last 2, but seems to be a more complex chemical process to produce it) and frucrose (definitely a baddy). It's horribly sweet, but I don't know if that would have caused what happened. It can get really complicated, can't it? I'll have to do something though. Maybe eat a lot of cauliflower rice - that ought to do it. Must get some cauliflower tomorrow.

You are amazingly upbeat Ann. Constipation is horrible. I’ve had it once a couple of years ago and it took over my life, it was dreadful. I took Dulcolax finally, which worked. If I feel I’m starting to get a bit bunged up ( which doesn’t happen much these days) a spoonful of psyllium husk powder in a glass of water a couple of times a day helps too.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some of the early episodes in series three reminded me of the reason why I left the UK in 1970. I was fortunate to have missed the power outages though.

I did not like Ted Heath in the series the slimy sod... :meh:

I saw a snippet from an earlier episode about the Aberfan disaster, I was about 9 at the time but remember it vividly. My mum was born in a village close by and that was the only time I ever saw her cry.
Edit to apologise for going off thread.

Reactions: maglil55

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
08-12-19
2x CWC, nut granola.
More coffee when MrSlim got up and a naughty piece of croissant - well I needed to taste the finished Apple jelly.
Lunch. 2 slices pain kapnor toast smashed avocado seasoned with marmite on one, other with ham and brie.
Dinner chicken thighs. Took the meat off the bones and warmed in the gravy. Chopped up all the veg and fried them in plenty of oil and butter. Seasoned with celery salt and a lot of black pepper then poured the chicken and gravy on top. Two glasses of white wine, still not meeting my target for timing bedtime tea, but was only 35 mins late.

@maglil55 love the sound of brie crisps. Is there a link to recipe please?

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 09/12/19
Breakfast: usual low carb porridge and 90g greek yoghurt
Lunch: 100g iceberg lettuce, 100g ham, 37g light tasty cheese
Dinner: 250g extra lean beef mince, 100g green beans, 270g cauliflower, 2 servings of little mushrooms. Made a double batch of savory mince as a test for meal prepping. Worked well. Will have the other half for dinner again tomorrow.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
G'morning (said in a cold-filled croaky voice, punctuated by a sneeze)

Oddly I'm feeling better than yesterday. Yesterday I had a FOUR HOUR nap in the afternoon and then still slept well all night - a rum toddy helped. Funny, the only time I drink spirits is when I'm ill, except for the very occasional G'n'T.

I've had a horrible morning! A quick bus trip in to Doncaster to complete the paperwork the Citroen dealer had forgotten and then quickly home (well, as quick as the bus would go) to await the person who Mr C had arranged to collect the ex-car and take it back to the Citroen dealership on a flat bed truck for this excellent scrapage scheme. He (or she) was supposed to be here at 11 and arrived at 12.30! Mr C was pacing up and down like father awaiting the birth of his first born. Anyway, its gone now, so I can calm down. Mr C is picking up the new car on Wednesday.

So, yesterday's food and readings were....

Saturday bed: 5.8
Sunday FBG: 6.8
Breakfast: Savoury chaffle, two fried eggs, lots of mushrooms and 100g baked beans (my weekly indulgent treat) total carbs were 15.5g
2 hours later: 6.7

Lunch: 5.4
Lunch was advent cheese from calendar
2 hours later 5.7

Dinner: 6.0
Dinner was a stir fry fresh veg from Asda with some of the leftover roast from Saturday and lemon, garlic, ginger and soy sauce
2 hours later: 7.5

Hot rum toddy (no honey)

Bed: 6.2

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
09-12-19
Breakfast. 2xCwc, last of the nut granola.tea and later more coffee
Lunch BG 5.1
30g baguette, yes I weighed it. slice of "turkey" lettuce, tomato and cucumber, mayonnaise. Chunks of cheese. Tea.
However still hungry 30 mins later so, after rampaging round the kitchen and staring into the almost empty fridge, had half a dozen walnuts. The walnuts are from our own tree, so by the time I had cracked them and extracted the kernels of all six my stomach finally got the message that food had arrived.
BG @ 2 hours after start of meal 6.2
Coffee and tea in the afternoon.
Dinner.
BG 4.7
Beef casserole from the freezer, two small potatoes, few carrots, cabbage and green beans. Full fat Greek yoghurt and six defrosted strawberries, splash of cream. Glass of wine.
2 hours mistimed it. Oops. 3 hours BG 5.7
Bedtime tea

Edited to finish day.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The timing of this post is only because I've just seen it, and zero to do with the fact @Chook just posted - Honest!

The IP is on special today at £59.99. that's all.

Roger, over and out.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
The timing of this post is only because I've just seen it, and zero to do with the fact @Chook just posted - Honest!

The IP is on special today at £59.99. that's all.

Roger, over and out.

I wouldn't dare at the moment. Brand new shiny car trumps instant pot in Mr C's world.

Its strange how the price of the IP keeps going up and down though.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wouldn't dare at the moment. Brand new shiny car trumps instant pot in Mr C's world.

Its strange how the price of the IP keeps going up and down though.

To be honest, this is really only in recent times.

Shortly after I had my first, they went out of stock in UK. Totally out of stock for months on end - literally. Then, they launched the 8ltr and had a few more 6 ltr, then only the 6ltr for ages.

Now there's the 3ltr, 6ltr and 8ltr in stock, I'm wondering if they're finding they have more stock that they're used to. It used to be as soon as stock became available, it flew off the shelves.

I can see how a new car could cramp the purse strings for a little while.