Type 1 Cause & Effect? Can Anyone Help ?

Tee_Rockz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Family,

Just wanted to ask was anyone familiar with Abnormalities in the body being the cause of high sugar levels ? Soon going in for intensive surgery to remove a tumor from lower mandible , and was curious to know if this can be part of the reason why it’s difficult to lower levels ? I am eating healthy, HEAVILY watch portion size and I am very active due to my job (and always being on the road lol) any advice would be greatly appreciated

- T1D

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I know that illness and stress can have a major (upward) effect on blood sugar levels, so you may need to drastically increase your insulin. Plus if you're on any steroids that can have a similar effect. I hope your surgery goes well and also eases your insulin woes.

Tee_Rockz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know that illness and stress can have a major (upward) effect on blood sugar levels, so you may need to drastically increase your insulin. Plus if you're on any steroids that can have a similar effect. I hope your surgery goes well and also eases your insulin woes.

Thank you !!! I appreciate this !!

Reactions: Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Anything really can raise blood sugar levels. But I would say infection, stress being 2 definite ones. So I'm sure a tumor could and then add on the stress of upcoming surgery. If you've raised your levels, just be careful after surgery, you can't always tell when your body will decide when to be normal again. And mouth surgery you probably won't be eating or consuming as much and I bet your insulin needs will drop from that alone by quite a bit. I know when I injured my back and just wasn't eating much it really made me super insulin sensitive.

Reactions: Tee_Rockz

Tee_Rockz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anything really can raise blood sugar levels. But I would say infection, stress being 2 definite ones. So I'm sure a tumor could and then add on the stress of upcoming surgery. If you've raised your levels, just be careful after surgery, you can't always tell when your body will decide when to be normal again. And mouth surgery you probably won't be eating or consuming as much and I bet your insulin needs will drop from that alone by quite a bit. I know when I injured my back and just wasn't eating much it really made me super insulin sensitive.

Thank you ! I appreciate this !