What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all from a windy North, two small hypo's over the weekend, nothing much really, I won a bulldog drawing on an auction page in aid of the charity I volunteer for and drove down to collect it on Saturday. Don't ask me what it looks like as I have left it wrapped up for a surprise at Christmas! Make's it more exciting. Doomy hasn't been cooperating much this weekend with 5 and 6's unceremoniously thrown at me, until last night when a 15.2 was triumphantly cast at me! it even did a jig around the counter! Oh the joys of the most predictable condition that we could have eh? Hope you all enjoyed your weekend, and aren't too disheartened that we have yet another Monday at work.

take care everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. At one point this morning my meter showed the numbers 5.4 but that probably has little relationship to what my bg level really is. Typing this in hotel bed on new tablet so apology to all those needing hugs and congrats will do that later when back safely in the fens. Luke 1 68-79 important for me this week. Have a great day

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all from a windy North, two small hypo's over the weekend, nothing much really, I won a bulldog drawing on an auction page in aid of the charity I volunteer for and drove down to collect it on Saturday. Don't ask me what it looks like as I have left it wrapped up for a surprise at Christmas! Make's it more exciting. Doomy hasn't been cooperating much this weekend with 5 and 6's unceremoniously thrown at me, until last night when a 15.2 was triumphantly cast at me! it even did a jig around the counter! Oh the joys of the most predictable condition that we could have eh? Hope you all enjoyed your weekend, and aren't too disheartened that we have yet another Monday at work.

take care everyone.
Hi johnpol ive been the same over weekend swinging fom hypo to hyper i am starting a pump on wednesday so maybe that will help
Screenshot_20191209-074053_LibreLink.jpg

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi johnpol ive been the same over weekend swinging fom hypo to hyper i am starting a pump on wednesday so maybe that will help View attachment 37098
The pump was the best thing that I have had to treat my diabetes, takes some work but it will be worth it, hugs for the yo-yo numbers. It's very tiring the swings, I don't think people realise just how tiring they can be, I could sleep on a clothes line at the minute, but my numbers have settled a bit but I wont hold my breath (unless I fancy turning Blue )

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.4 this morning though had two meals yesterday they might have been too big. Need to book the A1c today, cant put it off any longer.
Hugs to @johnpol and @karen8967 for the swings over the weekend and good luck with the pump Karen. Take care at work. @gennepher take care out there hope the dentist goes well. @Muddy Cyclist hope there is improvement on the horizon at the hospital. @ianpspurs safe journey home to the Fens. @DJC3 hope your area wasnt too battered by Storm Atiya. Best wishes to all today. Stay/get well, stay safe.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning after a terrible night sleep. Bedroom freezing after gas ran out yesterday morning, rotten cold making my head and ears ache and to cap it all, gale force winds raging outside.
@PenguinMum thanks for thinking of us, the house is still standing but the poor shed didn’t survive!
IMG_1472.jpg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. It's very windy here and I've yet to venture outside.

The joys of being diabetic and feeling orf colour. A gentle 8.7 this morning, but still below the magic 10, so this is not a concern.

Today I have my last social function before Christmas, I don't get re invited to many hehehehe.
Well folks I wish you all a successful day in all you strive for.

Hand and foot note:

I have been informed that my favourite recipe book has a low carb edition " Low carb pet recipes " .

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning after a terrible night sleep. Bedroom freezing after gas ran out yesterday morning, rotten cold making my head and ears ache and to cap it all, gale force winds raging outside.
@PenguinMum thanks for thinking of us, the house is still standing but the poor shed didn’t survive!View attachment 37101
Oh dear, what a shame. A lot of Ireland without power and with road blocks and I imagine Wales and Cornwall too. Try and get warm under a rug with coffee! Hope you dont have to go out today with Dennis.

Reactions: DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, it’s late o’clock quit windy and first tea of the day is being slurped.

The wonder wheel of disturbed sleep doing the cramp dance at 3am came in at a quite pleasant 4.5 this am.

An attempt at almond macaroons yesterday resulted in something resembling the aftermath of a reception class play doh session. This probably because I used a zip lock bag with the corner snipped off as a piping bag and then did not let the resulting blobs dry enough. Anyhow, I made them for my daughter and she said that they tasted great so I got through the first round of Master Chef For The Bewildered.

Have a great day if you can, thoughts for those struggling.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The pump was the best thing that I have had to treat my diabetes, takes some work but it will be worth it, hugs for the yo-yo numbers. It's very tiring the swings, I don't think people realise just how tiring they can be, I could sleep on a clothes line at the minute, but my numbers have settled a bit but I wont hold my breath (unless I fancy turning Blue )
thanks @johnpol x

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am actually stuck now in the town I went to for my dentist appointment. I had a job getting here. The traffic was backed up at gridlock impossibly for miles in all directions.

I had no idea why, then I saw signs that the bridge was closed due to high winds.

After my dentist check up I was going to go home and have a cuppa with feet up, and then go out a couple of hours later to my Xmas party.

No chance of that now with this massive gridlock of traffic in every direction. Even those taking the back roads to escape the gridlock are now stuck because they cannot get back into the main road.

So, I have gone into a cafe and am trying to plan a route to my Xmas party which is in the middle of this gridlock area...

I cannot wear my hat, the wind keeps trying to steal it.

What I need now is a teleport angel to transport both me and my car to the Xmas party...

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm and DJC3

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning not too bad considering all that I consumed yesterday..haven't been outside let but the garden is just it's usual wildness nothing blown over which is surprising with the weather yesterday and last night .

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 this Monday morning. I can't yet glimpse the McGarrett Plains afar off, @jjraak, but at least I seem to have turned in the right direction. @gennepher I would rather teleport my way there by angel than take the steps I know I must follow. I've just swallowed my first lutein capsule from the bottle I picked up at the pharmacy yesterday. The KittenCat is back between the blankets and once I down the rest of these pills and coffee I may rejoin her, at least until the sun gets up. ^. .^

Hugs to everyone facing work, hospital visits, road trips, checkups, and everyone recovering from gales (@DJC your poor shed looks like something from the wake of an Alabama tornado. I am glad you and your house are safe and sound, and hope your cold will soon be gone with the wind.

Off now to look up Luke 1:68-79, @ianpspurs .

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6/12 - 5.9
7/12 - 6.1
8/12 - 5.9
9/11 - 4.7

Yesterday was my 2 year diaversary so I will just copy and paste my social media post.
Been to Dr this morning. I've got a bacterial chest infection so am now on a course of antibiotics. Looking forward to feeling better and getting back my appetite!!! 2 years ago I would have been delighted at losing 5lbs!

LONG STATUS ALERT!!!

So today is my 2 year diaversary. Oh how my life changed the day I heard those words 'you are diabetic, its progressive, we will start you off on metformin'.

Yes i was absolutely distraught. Mainly because I remembered how much my mum suffered with her uncontrolled type 2 diabetes. Eventually going onto insulin and suffering MANY complications. Her body awash with sugar.

She didn't question anything. Just accepted what the diabetic nurse told her. Just eat a 'balanced diet'. Nothing was out of bounds. It's still the same advice today sadly. Yet the evidence is out there that you can reverse diabetes. Put it in remission. By making simple changes. I found this out by Googling 'reversing diabetes'. Low carb was the solution.

Swapping hi carb foods for low carb. Carbs turn to sugars. Why would they encourage someone with a sugar intolerance to eat carbs!!!??? Steer clear of sugar laden processed foods. Dont eat low fat products as we are encouraged to as these are loaded with sugar. Plus healthy fats are very good for us.

It's no wonder there are obesity and diabetes epidemics.

So since I managed to put mine into remission (within a few months) I've been on a mission to tell as many people as possible how it can be done. Avoid official guidelines! And when they say we dont need to test our blood sugars because it gets obsessive, what a load of rollocks. It's like crossing the road blindfolded. We are all different so it's the only way to confirm the foods that suit us.

All these poor people being lead like lambs to the slaughter by the NHS to diaberes.org.uk. Eat 5 fruits a day, spread them out (no hope for your pancreas, 24/7 duty, better to eat twice a day in a 6 hour window saving your internal army that is already weak), encouraged to have starchy carbs with every meal, pasta, rice, bread, potatoes, cereals, fruit juice even. Is it any wonder its classed as progressive. I have a theory, they keep us poorly cos they make a fortune out of us. They automatically put us on statins too! Biggest earner for them. I refused them too, nothing wrong with my cholesterol.

I'm going to be doing an experiment in the new year. 14 days (if I last that long) following the official guidelines. Monitoring my blood sugars. And I will be sharing my results across social media. Since my appearance on This Morning I have gained many followers on my Twitter account. Twitter is a great platform. But it will be evidence to support my diabetes.org.uk complaint case. This is going to be a very long letter!

I've had an amazing 2 years. Met some wonderful people. Salt of the earth. People fighting for their voices to be heard. Drs, diabetic nurses, health care professionals, diabetics and even non diabetics.

A local Dr from Southport has to be my ultimate hero. He and his wife make a brilliant team. Dr David and Dr Jennifer Unwin. He has just seen his 73rd patient go into remission. Many of these pts have been on medication for YEARS but are now medication free, even off insulin. And they used to say this wasn't even possible.

So next year will see me sharing my journey, my table of foods and equivalent sugars, across the north west and maybe beyond if I can get a little funding.

I will still have my monthly pt to pt support session at my surgery adelaide street. Open to st Paul's, Harris, Elizabeth street surgery and south king street surgery.

I will say yes to any PR opportunities that come my way as I have for the past 2 years. All in a good cause. Spreading the word. I have found a confidence I didnt know I even had. Public speaking, never in a million years did I see me doing this. But if it helps just one person I'm up for anything.

A few words if I may. Dont think it wont happen to you. It can. Eric doesnt have diabetes in the family. A very close family member was diagnosed just this year. A result of living off rubbish. Children as young as 3 have been diagnosed with type 2. It used to be limited to older adults. Not any more. We eat too many takeaways, processed foods, too many carbs which does have a massive impact on our bodies and how they cope. And hardly move. I was guilty of all of the above.

KNOW YOUR HBA1C
48 and over diabetic
42 to 47 pre diabetic
41 and under normal

I'm currently sitting at 36. It's not always been easy but I have remained focused. More focused than on anything in my life before!

So I'm hoping that change will come. That will give diabetics

1) HOPE
2) the CHOICE of low carb at dx

And that is my mission

Massive thanks to my wonderful husband Eric for his love and support. And for my family and Facebook family who have listened to me chunnering on for 2 years. and all my lovely supportive forum friends (friends is what you are).

I get a shock still when I see these old photos. I never felt big, just plumpish. I blame Eric for not telling me he said he loved me just the same when I was bigger. It's how it should be. Its not about the weight to be honest it's about your health. I'm back in control! Never felt better (apart from the chest infection!!!)

Hope everyone (most!!!) is enjoying the run up to Christmas. I'm going to attempt a bit of shopping today. With my son if I succeed in getting him out of bed!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191208-124302_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191208-124302_Gallery.jpg
    605 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20191208-124331_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191208-124331_Gallery.jpg
    698.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20191208-124718_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191208-124718_Gallery.jpg
    874.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 20191125_100115_resized.jpg
    20191125_100115_resized.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 20191125_100105_resized.jpg
    20191125_100105_resized.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 20191125_100101_resized.jpg
    20191125_100101_resized.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 20191125_100053_resized.jpg
    20191125_100053_resized.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 20191125_150326_resized.jpg
    20191125_150326_resized.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 20191125_100049_resized.jpg
    20191125_100049_resized.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 85

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, what a shame. A lot of Ireland without power and with road blocks and I imagine Wales and Cornwall too. Try and get warm under a rug with coffee! Hope you dont have to go out today with Dennis.

Every cloud has a silver lining, although we’ve no central heating until the gas is delivered, Mr C is gradually clearing the shed and has made a cosy fire in the woodburner with a lot of the burnable wood.
IMG_1575895580.911069.jpg