What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh! Flipping heck!

We’re just glad the wind blew it over in that direction - towards our house. A few feet the other way and there would have been a big risk of it damaging the neighbours car. He said this morning that he’d spotted the shed door flapping last night so came out and moved his car forward a couple of feet. Happily no damage to people or property.
Hope you get out of the gridlock and manage to get to your party.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yippee - my Montezuma chocolate has arrived with the postman. Am having 20g of the 100% with orange oil for lunch. Am so looking forward to trying it then.

That’s my favourite too. Well done for stopping at 20g. I have found myself carefully weighing out a nice portion sized piece before - then popping another bit into my mouth as I’m watching the scales settle - as if it only counts if it’s part of the weighted portion!!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s my favourite too. Well done for stopping at 20g. I have found myself carefully weighing out a nice portion sized piece before - then popping another bit into my mouth as I’m watching the scales settle - as if it only counts if it’s part of the weighted portion!!
I had 9g first and thought it was enough - but decided it wasn't and had the other 9g. It is absolutely my favourite chocolate now.

Sorry to see your ruined shed. Hope you are staying warm while waiting for your gas. Dennis looks really cosy.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had 9g first and thought it was enough - but decided it wasn't and had the other 9g. It is absolutely my favourite chocolate now.

Sorry to see your ruined shed. Hope you are staying warm while waiting for your gas. Dennis looks really cosy.

Did you eat dark chocolate previously? I can’t believe I’m enjoying 100% cocoa stuff these days! I only used to eat milk chocolate before diagnosis but it’d actually be far too sweet for me now. Amazing how our tastes can change.
Gas delivery just arrived. Hurrah! We can have hot water and heat in all the rooms now.

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gas delivery just arrived. Hurrah! We can have hot water and heat in all the rooms now.
Winner for that part of the post and hug for the shed. Hugs for all those who have/had to suffer high winds (or 100% chocolate.) If anyone needs extra space this Christmas I happen to know there are a couple of 5 million sq ft warehouses you can rent on Standing Way, Milton Keynes. Well, maybe 1 soon unless I can stop Julie buying just a little something more for the girls:arghh::arghh:

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Every cloud has a silver lining, although we’ve no central heating until the gas is delivered, Mr C is gradually clearing the shed and has made a cosy fire in the woodburner with a lot of the burnable wood. View attachment 37113

My goodness, how cosy, and how handsome and grown-up Dennis looks! I wish I could look that dignified sprawled in front of a fire, or on the sofa ... :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you eat dark chocolate previously? I can’t believe I’m enjoying 100% cocoa stuff these days! I only used to eat milk chocolate before diagnosis but it’d actually be far too sweet for me now. Amazing how our tastes can change.
Great news that you can have hot water and heat in all the rooms - especially as it is so cold at the moment.
Prior to diagnosis I only ate milk chocolate. I switched to 70%, which became too sweet so moved to 85%. I recently tried M&S 100% which I absolutely loved . Then I was given a bar of Montezumos 100% which I absolutely loved also. Have realised that I prefer the 100% now. It tastes like real chocolate to me now.

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OldButBold
Thank you again for telling me how to copy multiple posts. I just tried it, on another thread, and it worked! Just like you described.

s0808.gif
s0819.gif
s0826.gif
t4615.gif

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We’re just glad the wind blew it over in that direction - towards our house. A few feet the other way and there would have been a big risk of it damaging the neighbours car. He said this morning that he’d spotted the shed door flapping last night so came out and moved his car forward a couple of feet. Happily no damage to people or property.
Hope you get out of the gridlock and manage to get to your party.

That wind was vicious @DJC3

I went in a shop opposite the dentist that had the back doors open for a delivery, then a sudden wind gust came in and channelled up the aisle, blew stuff off shelves and me backwards.

I am beginning to think it would have been better and safer to stay at home.

Getting back to the car, I passed a homeless man in a doorway just as another homeless man came to see if he was okay. (I have seen them before) I asked if I could give them the change in my pocket. It was only a few pounds and I apologised it wasn't more. But they were both pleased. They were sleeping out in this foul wind and weather.

The cafe I had retreated to earlier was also serving homeless people. In the toilet facilities was a tap where you were invited to fill your water bottle. I had never been in this cafe before, but the other cafe over the road was dealing with a burst water pipe and the road was being dug up. The cafe serving people were very kind to all their customers.

Actually I have a bad cough that I have had for a week now, and they were asking if I was okay and one of the servers put their arm on my back to check I was okay. And I am thinking surely I don't look that ill? That wind wasn't easy to breathe in.

I went a different route back to the Xmas Party, it took me quite a few more extra miles but I got there okay. The coughing had abated a lot by being indoors. But all I wanted was to go home and to my electric blanket (which those homeless men cannot do).

I came home and crashed out. Just woke up now. Cat is on me keeping me warmer.

You were unlucky with your shed, but lucky it didn't damage someone else's stuff.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That wind was vicious.

I went in a shop opposite the dentist that had the back doors open for a delivery, then a sudden wind gust came in and channelled up the aisle, blew stuff off shelves and me backwards.

Getting back to the car, I passed a homeless man in a doorway just as another homeless man came to see if he was okay. (I have seen them before) I asked if I could give them the change in my pocket. It was only a few pounds and I apologised it wasn't more. But they were both pleased. They were sleeping out in this foul wind and weather.

The cafe I had retreated to earlier was also serving homeless people. In the toilet facilities was a tap where you were invited to fill your water bottle. I had never been in this cafe before, but the other cafe over the road was dealing with a burst water pipe and the road was being dug up. The cafe serving people were very kind to all their customers.

Actually I have a bad cough that I have had for a week now, and they were asking if I was okay and one of the servers put their arm on my back to check I was okay. And I am thinking surely I don't look that ill? That wind wasn't easy to breathe in.

I went a different route back to the Xmas Party, it took me quite a few more extra miles but I got there okay. The coughing had abated a lot by being indoors. But all I wanted was to go home and to my electric blanket (which those homeless men cannot do).

You were unlucky with your shed, but lucky it didn't damage someone else's stuff.
Another case of a post needing multiple ratings. Hug for the cough and extra mileage. Winner for kindness to the homeless and perseverance in getting to the party.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher I would rather teleport my way there by angel than take the steps I know I must follow. I've just swallowed my first lutein capsule from the bottle I picked up at the pharmacy yesterday. The KittenCat is back between the blankets and once I down the rest of these pills and coffee I may rejoin her, at least until the sun gets up. ^. .^

I hope those capsules work at least as well for you as they do for me. But it was 6 months before I could definitely notice an improvement. And I noticed it again in the low blinding sun today, because I wasn't blinded by those low rays as I have been in previous years.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Observation from another thread on this site ...

We are not allowed to post 4-letter terms for roosters, 5-letter names of women such as Miss Brice and Miss Hill, and yet we are allowed to post the word hell.
Does that make sense to you? It doesn't to me.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope those capsules work at least as well for you as they do for me. But it was 6 months before I could definitely notice an improvement. And I noticed it again in the low blinding sun today, because I wasn't blinded by those low rays as I have been in previous years.

I will keep you posted.

I am glad you made it home safely. :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My goodness, how cosy, and how handsome and grown-up Dennis looks! I wish I could look that dignified sprawled in front of a fire, or on the sofa ... :)

Haha I never look dignified in any situation, let alone sprawled in front of a fire. Yes he does look very grown up now though doesn’t he ?( he doesn’t act it yet though!)

Reactions: mojo37

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news that you can have hot water and heat in all the rooms - especially as it is so cold at the moment.
Prior to diagnosis I only ate milk chocolate. I switched to 70%, which became too sweet so moved to 85%. I recently tried M&S 100% which I absolutely loved . Then I was given a bar of Montezumos 100% which I absolutely loved also. Have realised that I prefer the 100% now. It tastes like real chocolate to me now.

I agree - you get a proper chocolate hit with the high cocoa solid ones.

Reactions: jjraak

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That wind was vicious @DJC3

So nice to read of people being kind to one another, and the homeless chaps checking on your welfare when they are in dire straits themselves warms the cockles of my heart. I’ve heard that we are all 2 month’s income away from homelessness, it’s very scary and makes me count my blessings.
Glad you are tucked up inside with a nice furry hot water bottle now.

Reactions: ianpspurs