What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an eventful day yesterday off to work in East London...finished early afternoon as expected cruising along the M11 almost home when I am diverted to Central London...spent an horrendous evening there finally home at 11:30 pm irritated tired hungry...ate very badly & very late...coffee then more coffee...need to get myself together collecting the kittens this morning...will catch up with posts later when I've recovered my equilibrium … woke to a 6.5

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just watched this on You Tube, it is about 10 minutes long.

Nothing to do with anything on this thread, but it ties in with compassion and tolerance, and differences. It is cuppa tea day for me and watching you tube day.

"For more than 1,000 years, Khmer dancers in Cambodia have been seen as living bridges between heaven and earth. In this graceful dance-talk hybrid, artist Prumsodun Ok -- founder of Cambodia's first all-male and gay-identified dance company -- details the rich history of Khmer classical dance and its current revival, playing the ancient and ageless role of artist as messenger."

I found it moving...

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.4 for me and that's after eating too much 90% chocolate last night. I'm going to blame certain people on this forum for all that talk of the stuff :)

Another day of uncertainty for Mrs MC and I at the hospital with MIL,

It is very still here I suspect a storm is brewing, take care one and all.

Reactions: karen8967

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all from a windy North at some point winter will arrive and we will all complain about it.:) I seem to be still keeping Man flu at bay, how, I have no idea at all readings are up and down and my tiredness levels reflect it. I couldn't be faffed to fight with doomy this morning and took the 6.1 it handed me with no fight (I may just go back and poke him just so he knows I'm still ready though) I will give hugs to those that need them and high fives to everyone else.

Take care everyone.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Observation from another thread on this site ...

We are not allowed to post 4-letter terms for roosters, 5-letter names of women such as Miss Brice and Miss Hill, and yet we are allowed to post the word hell.
Does that make sense to you? It doesn't to me.
No, it does not make sense. It just sounds very sad.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rain, rain, rain, rain, blow, blow, blow, blow, blow - and that’s just myself!

The wonder wheel of a pre-christmas trial run of one measly mince pie - not even home made, came in at 6.7 this am . 6.7? The pie that stole christmas - featuring in a pancreas near you.

Trying to catch up; tramps, chocolate, windswept sheds, angels, hell, hospital waiting rooms, chilly rooms, hot water bottles and fat dogs - it’s like a a scene from that famous series “Monsoon Poultry Hospital” which takes place, in this episode, in the crypt of Whitby Abbey with every third word spoken and in sub titles missing because the writers for this episode have taken it upon them to ban all but the most boring words in their lexicon of fascination and old style expletives. “Pass me that ***** hot water bottle and mind you don’t fall on that ***** *** because *** ****** and you will go to Hull (other fantasy locations available).”

Have a wonderful day if you can, please be kind to the sensors of all kinds.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
10-12-19
Fbg 5.3
Shopping trip yesterday cancelled, but Satellite dish installed. However our address is not listed on any internet providers so he has been unable to connect us to the web. We both have mobiles, English sims, no landline. Apparently we need a French telephone number before both the internet and electricity companies will deal with us. Unless it is to collect their money of course. Somehow EDF can find us to send a meter reader, but not an engineer.
Not too much damage from the highly winds yesterday.

Edited to add date

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I gave a hug for your post, not just for you, but because everyone needs kindness and understanding. In my experience, reasons for homelessness are varied.

As a 13 year old I befriended a tramp (as you called them in those days) and I would sit on the park bench with him on the way home from school and talked with him. His name was Big Ernie. I found out from the park keeper that he'd had a wife and family and money, but his world war 2 experiences in the army had led him to be this way.

When I left home I found myself homeless. I did try sleeping on park benches but the police moved me on. I ended up breaking into someone's house so I could sleep the night. Maybe not my best idea, but there appeared to be no one there. Early next morning I left and hitchhiked for the M1. From there I hitched a lift all the way to London. I still remember that ride. It was an apple green Citroen 2CV. I remember the guy too. He wouldn't let me put on the seat belt, because there had been a tragic car accident where his wife had burnt to death in the car because she couldn't get the seat belt off. He insisted on me staying at his place until I found my feet. He was okay and kind, but I disappeared on him a few days later. I kept moving and hitch hiking. I've been manhandled out of shops. I was only 17 at the time, and returning home wasn't an option at that moment. Then some time later I ended up in a very regimented hostel for women, we slept in a dorm. Got bits and pieces of jobs. And moved on with life from there.

I have always talked with homeless people.
This post had my emotions all over the place. How lovely you were to Big Ernie. I bet he really loved the chats. And the sorry turn of events that had led him to that bench made me sad. Many veterans on our streets still. Sad to hear that you yourself found yourself homeless and at such a young age. Having to break into a house to get some shelter. How lucky you hitchhiked with someone who cared about your wellbeing. It could have been a whole different story! Then the hostel which must have had it's own challenges. You have seen some very tough times and from such a young age. You left home no doubt not because you wanted to but because you felt you needed to. And through all this you have kept the most wonderful sense of humour. Thank you for sharing.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
6.8 nuff said, going to vegetate in front of the idiot box today, mainline parrots eat em mol and growl at politicians.

Must have been the road kill alpaca, because I had the flue jab.

Have a great day if can.
Bye bye

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rain, rain, rain, rain, blow, blow, blow, blow, blow - and that’s just myself!

The wonder wheel of a pre-christmas trial run of one measly mince pie - not even home made, came in at 6.7 this am . 6.7? The pie that stole christmas - featuring in a pancreas near you.

Trying to catch up; tramps, chocolate, windswept sheds, angels, hell, hospital waiting rooms, chilly rooms, hot water bottles and fat dogs - it’s like a a scene from that famous series “Monsoon Poultry Hospital” which takes place, in this episode, in the crypt of Whitby Abbey with every third word spoken and in sub titles missing because the writers for this episode have taken it upon them to ban all but the most boring words in their lexicon of fascination and old style expletives. “Pass me that ***** hot water bottle and mind you don’t fall on that ***** *** because *** ****** and you will go to Hull (other fantasy locations available).”

Have a wonderful day if you can, please be kind to the sensors of all kinds.
Very funny. Giggled all the way through.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 today so thats good. I did a lot of walking yesterday. Mr PM was working from home in the kitchen because it was warmest so I needed to get out of his way for a few hours. Anyway I headed to the Metropolis with a short present list. Several hours later I realised I wasnt going to be able to fulfil the brief so headed for home with only a cat t shirt for me in my bag. There was a very cold wind out yesterday and I was struck by so many elderly out and about some with sticks and some inadequately covered up. I wonder if a minibus delivered them from one of the outlying villages. Anyway list of home jobs to do today now I have my work ststion back!
@Muddy Cyclist I hope there will be better news re MIL today. @gennepher sorry about the cold, glad you are having a rug and cat day. @HarryBeau I am so excited for you getting the kitties today. @SlimLizzy hope you get your sattelite working soon. Hugs to all who need them today. Stay/get well, stay safe.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today
Day 2 of antibiotics, still coughing like mad but I ate 3 small meals yesterday so no further weight loss. Happy days.
Today I have an xmas event. As a member of my PPG I've been invited to the Fylde Coast CCG Chairs' reception. It will be a great opportunity to network I feel. Dreading the quiz bit!
This afternoon I have to take my BIL to an appointment. This evening I want to start my tax return. Don't want to leave it any later as grandchild no. 2 due around 3rd Jan. Exciting times ahead. And I don't mean the tax return!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191210-084230_Yahoo Mail_resized.jpg
    Screenshot_20191210-084230_Yahoo Mail_resized.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 78

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am finding even 85% is too sweet for me now, 90% is OK but I have noticed a remarkable difference in the Carbs per 100gram across different makes, at the moment the lowest I can find locally is Lindt at 14g of carbs per 100g.

Glad you have gas again but your log stove looks very cosy. Now our chimney is swept we can light ours again but have hardly had time with the hospital dash each day.

You’re right about the difference of carbs across brands. Just because it’s labelled dark or high cocoa solid doesn’t necessarily mean low carb. Lindt is lovely and smooth isn’t it?
Hope you will get time to light your stove again and relax in front of it soon. You certainly deserve a bit of r&r

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning/evening folks, 5.7 on the dice, lovely pic of Dennis @DJC3 did you call him that because of those fantastic eyebrows or because he's a menace.

Because of the eyebrows initially but he has definitely embraced the menace aspect.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning 4.1. Really not sure what is going on at the moment. My liver and pancreas have signed the Official Secrets Act and are refusing to reveal why BSs are a bit all over the place at the moment.

Yesterday worked in the morning BS dropped to 4.0. Had 20g Stilton, 20g walnuts and 18g 100% and walked to garden centre for a coffee - felt BS dropping which was a bit uncomfortable.

Walked to pub - felt even more hypo. Had a lovely low carb dinner - chicken breast with a slice of bacon on top - covered with melted cheese plus a green salad and no dressing. Total carbs for the whole day 17g.

Hypo feeling disappeared. Walked back to hall to teach evening classes. 2hrs later 6.9. Was a bit surprised that it was so high as I am very active as I teach. 5 hours later 6.7. Would normally be in the 4s or low 5s by then. Tested with a different meter 6.5.

So absolutely no idea why the highs and lows. Perhaps trying to figure out what is going on is the route to madness as there is no rhyme or reason to it.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
and you will go to Hull (other fantasy locations available).”
Good gracious @dunelm that triggered some memories of an old folk song we used to perform in the 60s
The Dalesman's Litany
'From Hull and Halifax and Hell good Lord deliver me.'

Must look it up and add it to our gig sets.

Edit... a link to the song The Dalesma's Litany, sort of fits in with homless, hell and hard times posts. We talk of pollution but seldom see 'Snow as black as coal' although I do remember the thick smogs of the 1960s in the Black Country where I lived as a younger me.

http://www.yorkshirefolksong.net/song.cfm?songID=70

Last edited: