porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good afternoon......
Bloods are all over the shop again......moody git at the moment......

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning guys. In A&E since 5.30am,seen nurse and still waiting to see a Dr about changed to my right eye since yesterday I rang DSN yesterday and was told eye dept was full!!!
Right eye was distotedr thus morning in colour, shapeand size feel s likes a lot more fluid build up and small float in NG black spots.
Getting abit worried. More people arriving now

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning guys. In A&E since 5.30am,seen nurse and still waiting to see a Dr about changed to my right eye since yesterday I rang DSN yesterday and was told eye dept was full!!!
Right eye was distotedr thus morning in colour, shapeand size feel s likes a lot more fluid build up and small float in NG black spots.

Oh heck, @Robinredbreast - that must be very alarming for you. I'm sure you're in the right place to get whatever help is deemed necessary.

Fingers crossed for you.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope all turns out well robs xx

Reactions: Robinredbreast

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Robinredbreast wishing you all the best.

So last night went like this:

Started out in range and nice and level, starter was basically carb free, then did jab just as main course arrived (steak and chips), assessed carb and knowing we were going to have pudding slightly over bolused to get ahead of the sugar rush pudding, stayed level, pudding came (salted caramel sundae - and it was good!) still level, still level when we got home, and then had a bit of a drop just before walking the dog (normally that would spell disaster) however stayed level whilst walking the dog, come bed time still level on a 6.9 - all too good to be true! Just couldn't bring myself to do a jab for the possible impending rise. I normally wake at some point in the night and do a scan but being comfortable full and contented I didn't so woke this morning with a steady rise all through the night to a 18! Correction made, waited as long as poss for breakfast and now at work on a declining 8.7.

:rolleyes:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Sending love, hugs and all the best wishes ❤️❤️❤️

Not much going on here. I have three impending late and night shifts so have spent my rest day batch cooking meals I can take to work and just shove one the microwave when I get home. Work meals are roasted veg (broccoli, aubergine, courgette & sprouts for a seasonal touch) with a topping of fried vegan pulled “pork” (made of mushrooms), mushrooms and black olives. And a massive vegan cottage pie with a swede mash topping for when I get home.

Spent the intervening time yesterday playing with my vinyl cutting machine and making entirely too many stickers to label my stuff. I fiddled on the computer with the maker’s mark I have stamped onto my silver jewellery by the London Assay Office to make it into a little logo containing my initials, and made some in various sizes to use. Plus some band logo ones for my laptop and car :D

D has been running ok, considering it’s full time shift work. Dexcom has me around 90%+ in range, which equates to a predicted HbA1c of 36 - we shall see if that’s accurate when I go for the lie detector in a couple of weeks. I’ll be happy if it comes in under 42, tbh. I’m having to turn my loop down by 10-30% when I’m on shift, and fiddle with it a bit when I’m working, but as I can do that on my watch, it doesn’t disrupt things too much. I’ve been having to take slightly more glucose tablets than I’d like, so will experiment with a -40% override tonight.

Justin04

Evening guys and gals. Been on the exercise wagon for the last couple weeks (not that I need it with our manual labor regime out here) but thought I should have a go coming into Xmas. Low low low. Talked to the educator in the city where I go, she suggested temp basaling to 70%. After a week I was down to 20%. Temp-ing an hour before and I’m still at bsl of around 3.0 after a 5km run. Does anyone just suspend delivery totally while exercising?On the up side the weather man says the rain is coming before Xmas. Here’s hoping he’s right. Barron plains here at the moment, we’re sick of choking on dust while we’re feeding.... every day is a new one. Take care all.

Last edited:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Sending you lots of hugs! I hope things turn out okay!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Robinredbreast . So sorry to hear you’re not well. Hopefully by the time you get this message you’ll be a bit wiser as to what the problem is.
Sending big hugs.