What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This post had my emotions all over the place. How lovely you were to Big Ernie. I bet he really loved the chats. And the sorry turn of events that had led him to that bench made me sad. Many veterans on our streets still. Sad to hear that you yourself found yourself homeless and at such a young age. Having to break into a house to get some shelter. How lucky you hitchhiked with someone who cared about your wellbeing. It could have been a whole different story! Then the hostel which must have had it's own challenges. You have seen some very tough times and from such a young age. You left home no doubt not because you wanted to but because you felt you needed to. And through all this you have kept the most wonderful sense of humour. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Debs.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning - late evening chocolate for me too!
No sign of the sun here, just rain and dark clouds but it’s warm indoors and I have coffee so all’s well.
@PenguinMum good fbg. Your shopping trip made me laugh. I’ve done similar many times.
@HarryBeau I’m so excited for you, can’t wait to see them.
@gennepher your story of being homeless at 17 really stopped me in my tracks. I’m ashamed to say I’ve often hurried past homeless people, wrapped up in my own world and minor troubles, but I will endeavour never to do that again.
@Debandez hope all goes well today and those antibiotics kick in soon. I love a quiz ( not specially good at them, but I still enjoy them)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow. As @dunelm manages to say it so eloquently, all human life is here today. @Muddy Cyclist hugs for MIL situation with stress and disruption and thanks for reminder of Paradise Lost from A Level English. @OldButBold interesting intellectual/spiritual journey you've been on. @gennepher moving story from your teenage years and what a rich, varied life you have lived. @Debandez hope the antibiotics work their magic swiftly. Too much going on here so I have obviously missed many members out - sorry but at least I didn't filch your phone and stuff it in my pocket. At one point this morning my meter showed 5.2 which clearly gets readings done with no border across the bathroom and no checks either:banghead: As for mince pies etc, Panettone is now my Christmas oopage -couldn't stand it before DX! I can't get my head around the >80% choc lovers or indeed the too sweet idea. No sweet tastes seems too much like asking an orchestra to play beautiful music without a whole section. No tests today GP got it wrong I need to see a Consultant once Peterborough deigns to pass my notes to Addenbrookes. Still need a test tomorrow but no cameras in interesting places for that one. As for Thursday, I'm holding fast to Psalm 57 V 1 and 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37 and DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher your story of being homeless at 17 really stopped me in my tracks. I’m ashamed to say I’ve often hurried past homeless people, wrapped up in my own world and minor troubles, but I will endeavour never to do that again.

I will say, you do have to think of your own safety too. I always keep change in a jeans pocket or jacket pocket. I never open my bag or bum bag which could show any passer by that I have paper/plastic money, because that could make me vulnerable. Unless I have change in my pocket, I don't give.
Just thought I would say this.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today
Day 2 of antibiotics, still coughing like mad but I ate 3 small meals yesterday so no further weight loss. Happy days.
Today I have an xmas event. As a member of my PPG I've been invited to the Fylde Coast CCG Chairs' reception. It will be a great opportunity to network I feel. Dreading the quiz bit!
This afternoon I have to take my BIL to an appointment. This evening I want to start my tax return. Don't want to leave it any later as grandchild no. 2 due around 3rd Jan. Exciting times ahead. And I don't mean the tax return!
Watch out for those so called festive treats - they snap and bite

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will say, you do have to think of your own safety too. I always keep change in a jeans pocket or jacket pocket. I never open my bag or bum bag which could show any passer by that I have paper/plastic money, because that could make me vulnerable. Unless I have change in my pocket, I don't give.
Just thought I would say this.

A very good point Gennepher, thank you.

Reactions: jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Charlie & Lola have arrived home...the first photo of their tenure with us...still in the basket so not a brilliant one but as I'm typing I can hear them bounding around in 'their room' more to follow as & when thy settle in Charlie was busy chewing the toy catnip mouse I put in with them for the journey home & wasnt interested in posing for the camers

samll charlie & lola.JPG

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Charlie & Lola have arrived home...the first photo of their tenure with us...still in the basket so not a brilliant one but as I'm typing I can hear them bounding around in 'their room' more to follow as & when thy settle in Charlie was busy chewing the toy catnip mouse I put in with them for the journey home & wasnt interested in posing for the camers

View attachment 37121
A big welcome home to Charlie and Lola and they are going to have a wonderful life with you of that I am certain. They are so cute, more photos please.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A big welcome home to Charlie and Lola and they are going to have a wonderful life with you of that I am certain. They are so cute, more photos please.
Phew I'm exhausted PM its been non stop play since they arrived...lots of stroking lots of purring now thy are having a snooze...will do some better photos tomorrow when they will have settled in a little...sweet brave little things not at all quiet or shy.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 37121

They look beautiful!

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarryBeau Welcome, Charlie and Lola! ^. .^. .^

@ianpspurs I see your v. 2 and praise Him v. 3. Hugs.

@mojo37 your anticipatory post made me happy. Have a wonderful month, you two! :)

@gennepher thank you for the tip. I have been wondering what to do with the heavy quarters and pennies that have been weighing down my wallet -- you have given me a very good idea, and my winter jacket has plenty of pockets I can zip and unzip at need. :)

Hugs to @Muddy Cyclist and MIL and Mrs MC, and to @jjraak and nephew and family.

FBG 7.8 for me on this rainy morning.

Out there

rain.jpg

In here

KC.jpg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a quickie.

My CCG meeting was as expected. Coffee, tea and CAKES. Not one alternative. I wasnt surprised. Always the same. I always say something along the lines of 'we have an epidemic of obesity and diabetes and you offer this, same at local hospital with the Costa coffee/cake shop and the vending machines, surely you as the NHS should be leading by example' and today I said the same. I'm going to make a voice recording to save me the trouble next time. I gave out my cards to all the PPG members there offering to do a talk and bring my table of goodies for anyone who wants to listen. Reversing diabetes. They seemed interested. I made a beeline for the only dr there. I introduced myself. Complained as above. Asked him what his diabetic advice was to which he replied his DNs deal!!! Nice dodge there. And told him I would be happy to chat with his DNs. He said he would like that but it may have been lip service.

@HarryBeau I just caught a glimpse of the 2 littke bundles of fur. Gorgeous. Happy days ahead for you. So happy for you that this day has finally arrived. Enjoy.

Reactions: geefull and trick60

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 37121
What lovely little kittens. How nice that they are at the start of their lovely life with you.

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@HarryBeau Welcome, Charlie and Lola! ^. .^. .^

@ianpspurs I see your v. 2 and praise Him v. 3. Hugs.

@mojo37 your anticipatory post made me happy. Have a wonderful month, you two! :)

@gennepher thank you for the tip. I have been wondering what to do with the heavy quarters and pennies that have been weighing down my wallet -- you have given me a very good idea, and my winter jacket has plenty of pockets I can zip and unzip at need. :)

Hugs to @Muddy Cyclist and MIL and Mrs MC, and to @jjraak and nephew and family.

FBG 7.8 for me on this rainy morning.

Out there

View attachment 37122

In here

View attachment 37123
Should have been V 1 and 2 but hey ho

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.4 for me and that's after eating too much 90% chocolate last night. I'm going to blame certain people on this forum for all that talk of the stuff :)

Another day of uncertainty for Mrs MC and I at the hospital with MIL,

It is very still here I suspect a storm is brewing, take care one and all.
I do hope all goes well for you, Mrs MC and MIL at the hospital today.

On the subject of chocolate - today's chocolate was Montezumos Hemp Seed and Sea Salt. Lovely. I won't say any more about it - but I did really like the saltiness.