My RH and Esophageal spasms

Auto E

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So we are all on very strict diets of counting fats, carbs, sugars, etc. We do this all so well, we should be nutritionists ourselves!
However, recently I've been faced with the biggest challenge and I want to share how I feel.
I have been experiencing Esophageal spasms. For those who are unfamiliar, this is an extremely painful condition: my esophagus doesn't work properly. It feels like a charleyhorse in my chest, most with the condition relate it to a heart attack. Im supposed to avoid triggers for this condition: no cold stuff, most room temperature or wet foods cause it to flare and it is becoming impossible for me to keep food down. I eat 6+ times a day and not eating is very dangerous for me especially because I'm a security vehicle patrol officer. My diet is restricted more than ever and I just can't do it.
I'm actually feeling very depressed about it. And here's the thing: I'm so tired. I'm tired of fighting with doctors to look at what's wrong, I'm tired of not being believed about stuff until it turns into something huge, and most of all, I'm just tired of fighting. I feel like every time I get up, I get slapped back down. I'm in so much constant pain, I dread eating because food won't stay down, I can't keep my blood sugar where it needs to be at and it's making me look bad in my line of work. I have to miss days when I can't keep my bs normal or daya where the spasms are so painful that I feel as if I've dislocated my shoulder.
Idk if I need encouragement, advice, a hug, reassurance, or what, but given how beaten I feel... I welcome anything..
3dc7e97a8d582d81e3c1a2a5e3fa9faf.jpg
Have you by chance been tested for achalasia? My Dad had it and his symptoms sound like what you described. I'm particularly interested because of its connection with nerve damage (which we know high blood sugars can do....) - it seems to me like the upper stomach problem of gastroparesis.

From Mayo Clinic:
Achalasia results from damage to nerves in the food tube (esophagus), preventing the esophagus from squeezing food into the stomach. It may be caused by an abnormal immune system response.

Symptoms include a backflow of food in the throat (regurgitation), chest pain, and weight loss.

luckygut

Hi @luckygut I am afraid that Aestire hasn't logged in for over six months, so may not see your post.
If/when they do log in, they should see an alert that I have tagged them and will see my and your post (a tag is when someone's name is written @Aestire and the text changes colour).
Hi Brunneria. Thanks for answer. Ok I hope she will see ours messages and will answer too.

Sam McCrae

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You have my sympathy, I have Oesophageal Dysphagia, which includes Oesophageal Spasms and it's horrible. Going between my Oesophagus not working hard enough to get my food down to being strong enough to make me think I'm having a heart attack, is no fun