Diabetes exhibitions

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
In America I've been to a couple Diabetes exhibitions/trade shows. Basically manufacturers set up their new products, get some new tips, and a few freebies ;)

Just wondering if there is such thing in the UK? From what I can see by googling it is mostly for healthcare professionals

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In America I've been to a couple Diabetes exhibitions/trade shows. Basically manufacturers set up their new products, get some new tips, and a few freebies ;)

Just wondering if there is such thing in the UK? From what I can see by googling it is mostly for healthcare professionals

Hboyt - My knee jerk reaction would be that due to the nature of the health care system and prescribing practises in the UK v US, they'll be far less common in UK.

In US, patients either pay or co-pay for their supplies, whereas for those living with diabetes in UK, provided they take medication, our supplies are free at the point of delivery. On that basis, the NHS significantly influences what is available.

Of course, those who are using lifestyle changes to deal with their condition, they will sometimes invest in technology, but as our meds are not available over the counter the options available are more limited.

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Interesting...I never thought of it like that! It makes sense tho! :)