What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fine thanks DHC3 seems pretty straight forward up to now just made up no more injections everytime i want to eat ,got to go bk clinic on friday then next wednesday then thats it

That sounds brilliant - should simplify your life a lot. Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fine thanks DHC3 seems pretty straight forward up to now just made up no more injections everytime i want to eat ,got to go bk clinic on friday then next wednesday then thats it
Sounds as though it could be life changing so I hope all goes well until Wednesday.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Pleased for you Karen8967. Hopefully this will put an end to your fluctuating levels and the anxiety that goes with them.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
@dogslife ...
Have an agree..
It does tell a tale of a path I have also trodden, but a hug was also a co partner for that post.

A hard time, stoically managed, to me speaks of a steely inner strength...
Surprising just what the human body and mind IS actually capable of, when it's those we love most...Respect.

Also agree fully with @ianpspurs summing up... Most elegant and on point, sir.

Thank you jjraak. :) All of the situations I have faced in the last year or so have been faced and dealt with stoically by many- especially when we reach a certain stage in life. What has made it particularly hard has been the intensity, the non stop nature of them which has been physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting. You are right- even when you reach that point when you feel you can't do it anymore you rally yourself because there is no-one else. Supporting several others through their ordeals has given me a diversion from my own but also added to my worries. One had a good outcome as my friend of 63 years survived her cancer journey.:joyful: The other two were not good and resulted in funerals. It is what it is as they say. My focus atm is mum. Sorry to ramble on! Thanks again.:)

Reactions: DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A bit of amusement in yet another dismal hospital day...

IMG_20191211_134608.jpg
Today we made the wise decision to eat at Essington Fruit Farm before visiting MIL in hospital and saw this which amused me a Farmer with a sense of humour. It may also be the most reliable Poll for today's huge event.

For those interested the demographic of voters would be retired working class pensioners from the Midland Towns of Wolverhampton, Willenhall, Walsall and Cannock. The white pig represents those who can't be bothered to vote because they are fed up with politics, frightening.

Be interesting to see how accurate the Opigion Poll is. :joyful:

Reactions: DJC3 and gennepher

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodness me so much going on, so much support, so much humour, so many lives coping with all sorts of tribulations, sadness and happiness a fantastic cross section of humanity.

I have laughed and cried, been educated and informed, comforted and empathised, what a wonderful bunch you are. Reading back through all the posts certainly improved my day.

May who ever you cast your vote for win the day, what confusion that would cause.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 8.1

It did go down to 6.4 in the middle of the day yesterday, but I have been coughing a lot all night.

The cat has retired to the kitchen hugging a radiator (which I put on for him) because he cannot get any peace on my bed.

I shall retire back under my electric blanket. No doubt when his Lordship wants feeding, I shall get a nose butting my nose. And a paw patting my cheek.

In the meantime I will be enjoying the full width and length of my bed to myself...and the electric blanket...

Have a good day, a peaceful day, an amazing day, a day under the blankets, a day of friends, a day of brilliant Christmas parties with the best of (diabetic suitable) food, a day of hibernation, a day of being a hermit, whatever your day of bliss is.

Take care, and hugs for all.

(My postal vote was sent off about a week ago, so that was my vote into the mayhem and chaos, and I can forget about all the shenanigans in government. Thank goodness I don't have a television, and I cannot hear the radio, so I will be blissfully ignorant until Friday...)

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A bit of amusement in yet another dismal hospital day...

View attachment 37142 Today we made the wise decision to eat at Essington Fruit Farm before visiting MIL in hospital and saw this which amused me a Farmer with a sense of humour. It may also be the most reliable Poll for today's huge event.

For those interested the demographic of voters would be retired working class pensioners from the Midland Towns of Wolverhampton, Willenhall, Walsall and Cannock. The white pig represents those who can't be bothered to vote because they are fed up with politics, frightening.

Be interesting to see how accurate the Opigion Poll is. :joyful:

I love it! I would vote for the Laboar because I like his party's name the best. :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 8.1

It did go down to 6.4 in the middle of the day yesterday, but I have been coughing a lot all night.

The cat has retired to the kitchen hugging a radiator (which I put on for him) because he cannot get any peace on my bed.

I shall retire back under my electric blanket. No doubt when his Lordship wants feeding, I shall get a nose butting my nose. And a paw patting my cheek.

In the meantime I will be enjoying the full width and length of my bed to myself...and the electric blanket...

Have a good day, a peaceful day, an amazing day, a day under the blankets, a day of friends, a day of brilliant Christmas parties with the best of (diabetic suitable) food, a day of hibernation, a day of being a hermit, whatever your day of bliss is.

Take care, and hugs for all.

(My postal vote was sent off about a week ago, so that was my vote into the mayhem and chaos, and I can forget about all the shenanigans in government. Thank goodness I don't have a television, and I cannot hear the radio, so I will be blissfully ignorant until Friday...)

Hug for the coughing and another for the early waking and FBG checking.

The KittenCat to Popeye-- 'MeOwt of that kitchen and Pop straight back into that bed. Purrgivers are comfortgivers so go comfort Gennefur!' ^. .^

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, 5.4 on the dodgy dice of doom, green bin day today so the recycled rubbish is going out on the same day as we vote for more recycled rubbish, on a lighter note it's Friday eve people, hurrah, rejoice, dance naked in the streets, I finish work for Christmas a week on tomorrow and it seems to have been a long time since the summer hols.

Hugs and best wishes to those who need them, have a lovely day if you can.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...hooray election day thank goodness for that tired of the constant electioneering now...not a bad sleep Charlie & Lola are still ensconced in the spare room so at bedtime lights go off toys are put away...they seem content with that this morning no sign of them as I opened their door then slowly they emerged from behind the curtains having slept on the window sill...I can hear them thundering around as I'm typing...will catch up with threads later must tidy tidy tidy...shopping due this morning so much easier doing it online...woke to a 6.1

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a quiet before the storm morning of exit polls in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of pensive anticipation and potential disappointment rallied around a 4.6 this am, due mainly because the silly sod of a mince pie eating chimp was drugged with glass of scotch last night.

Our postal votes were sent in a couple of weeks ago so too late now to tactically do anything unless we nip in and out of nearby polling stations in a vain attempt to influence exit polls. We both voted Muppet because we are sure to get one in any event.

Have a great day if you can, hope that you can all get out to vote.

Note: This latest Carry On film is rubbish - even Sid James refused it:

upload_2019-12-12_7-17-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

christmas dinner yesterday evening at the big shed ;) back there for our volunteering day today.

And a very good 'home' cooked dinner it was too :D Our friend who manages the shop area bought everything savoury from Morrison's and cooked it in the big oven which was an unsellable but handy donation a couple of years ago and which resides in the staff room/kitchen.

I managed to resist the roasted spuds and the range of pudds provided, a fantastic (according to mr gee ;)) 'maltesers' cheesecake, a black cherry trifle and a strawberry flan and took my own pudding, base of lc chocolate cake with spiced plum compote and a sort of cheesecake topping flavoured with rum.
I was definitely less angelic with the very tasty pork, apple and cranberry stuffing though :hilarious: (which has about 15g per 100g of carbs when I checked it online later but hey ho ho ho it's Christmas ;) )

@HarryBeau glad Charlie and Lola are happily and safely settling in :)

@karen8967 late to the party but I hope everything goes smoothly, it sounds like it will make a big difference :)

Last edited: