What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Was 4.2 last night but had a rubbish night's sleep worrying about my eye clinic appt this afternoon. I keep telling myself not to stress out as its only to check if I need an injection so nothing bad will happen and other people have much more serious issues to cope with - but that didn't work and I still couldn't stop worrying.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 for me this morning after about 2hrs sleep. Cold still making me feel rough and now it’s got to the hacking cough stage so sleep very difficult.
Lots of food for thought here this morning
@Debandez your letter was set at just the right tone. So many people are just not connecting to dots. My daughter worked a placement on a secure unit adult mental health ward recently. She said every single one of the patients was diabetic yet none of them had been on admission. Years of hospital food had done this to them.
@PenguinMum good fbg today and safe journey. I’m the same, hate driving out of my area.
@HarryBeau Charlie and Lola look like bundles of fun, looking forward to more photos.
@Muddy Cyclist you and your wife have a harrowing time ahead, you’re right, as a society we aren’t very good at the end of life stuff which is a tragedy. There was a campaign recently ‘We Need To Talk About Death’ and we really do.
Oh my word! Non diabetic going in! And this is why we are all up in arms and fighting this cause!

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning. Was 4.2 last night but had a rubbish night's sleep worrying about my eye clinic appt this afternoon. I keep telling myself not to stress out as its only to check if I need an injection so nothing bad will happen and other people have much more serious issues to cope with - but that didn't work and I still couldn't stop worrying.

Hugs for you.
And when you get back home, feet up and chill out with a cuppa.
Take care.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my word! Non diabetic going in! And this is why we are all up in arms and fighting this cause!

Isn’t it awful? It’s just assumed and expected to happen - their mental health is being managed but their physical health is pretty much ignored.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A stinking 7.0 for me today. Don’t know if it’s my body attempting to fight this cold virus, lack of sleep or lack of exercise ( I’ve barely left the house this week) I haven’t got the energy or enthusiasm to do anything about it atm though. I’ll just have to trust it’ll sort itself out eventually.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 at 07.30, thats what you get after toast heaped with peanut butter for supper. Catching up with yesterday’s posts @dogslife so sorry for the hard times and hope for better times for you. @Muddy Cyclist glad you found something to smile about in your ongoing turmoil. Best wishes to you all. @gennepher poor you that doesnt sound great, stay warm and hydrated. Hugs to you and Popeye. @DJC3 hope you are getting better also @Debandez. @Krystyna23040 I did exactly the same the night before my last eye injection, hope all goes well today. @geefull I like the sound of that Christmas dinner and who can resist stuffing? @OldButBold hope your day improves. @karen8967 good luck with the pump hope it transforms your life.
Phew...sorry if I left anyone out. I dont know how we are all going to face tomorrow when it comes...I would hide in a fridge if I could. PG watch over us all.
Stay/get well,stay safe.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 yesterday
6.2 today
High due to infection still with me I presume
Day 4/5 abx today
Feeling better, eating but still coughing. 4lb weight loss so gained 1lb
Yesterday me and Eric went to the 2nd central west primary care network integration workshop. What a difference a day makes. The food provided was bob on. As a diabetic I had sandwiches but left the bread. I ate the good part of the quiche. The coleslaw was delicious as was the fruit. Yes there was a selection of cakes but I didnt care as they had provided a reasonably balanced buffet. Well done to them. There was plenty of coffee, tea, juice and water available. And the event itself was a tearjerker. AA was there, speaker who runs the classes told us his heart wrenching story of how he had everything and lost it all, not just job, money but family and friends. Dry for 4.5 years now. A gentleman who has suffered mental health issues from the age of 7, at 7 he tried to end it all! He runs mindfulness classes now. And another young man from my surgery who came out at 18. His dad didnt speak to him for over 3 years. He now works raising awareness on LGBT. Not a dry eye in the place all afternoon. I came home drained. They were all sharing their journeys to help others.

Dashing to pick up granddaughter early today so catch up later. 103 posts behind so cant leave it much longer!

Polling day! Sick to death of politics and will be glad when it's over. Its cruel what they are doing to the people I feel. Non stop politics for 4 years!!! Rant over.

Attachments

• 20191211_130017_resized.jpg
    20191211_130017_resized.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 86
  • -1725103442_20191211_125918_3400190_resized.jpg
    -1725103442_20191211_125918_3400190_resized.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 90
  • -1724179921_20191211_125927_2761603_resized.jpg
    -1724179921_20191211_125927_2761603_resized.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 20191211_130026_resized.jpg
    20191211_130026_resized.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: mojo37 and SaskiaKC

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahhh...how could I miss out @HarryBeau loving the updates about Charlie and Lola. They are so confident..when I got my two Daisy hid behind the boiler for the first week only coming out for essentials when noone about. Maybe its because they are so young, mine were 5 months and 9 months. Cant wait for them to meet Plumpy...enjoy.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.1 at 07.30, thats what you get after toast heaped with peanut butter for supper. Catching up with yesterday’s posts @dogslife so sorry for the hard times and hope for better times for you. @Muddy Cyclist glad you found something to smile about in your ongoing turmoil. Best wishes to you all. @gennepher poor you that doesnt sound great, stay warm and hydrated. Hugs to you and Popeye. @DJC3 hope you are getting better also @Debandez. @Krystyna23040 I did exactly the same the night before my last eye injection, hope all goes well today. @geefull I like the sound of that Christmas dinner and who can resist stuffing? @OldButBold hope your day improves. @karen8967 good luck with the pump hope it transforms your life.
Phew...sorry if I left anyone out. I dont know how we are all going to face tomorrow when it comes...I would hide in a fridge if I could. PG watch over us all.
Stay/get well,stay safe.

Thank you @penguin mum for your good wishes.
Look after yourself and you take care.
>^••^<

Reactions: SaskiaKC and DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 6, I have had a run of higher than I want numbers but probably should not be surprised.

Once I have wasted some shoe leather by walking to our polling station, it's off to collect our 8 year old Granddaughters Christmas Present of a guitar, lunch, hospital to visit MIL and then choir rehearsal, life's been on hold it's time to start living some again for our sanity. MIL always used to order us off on visits saying "off you go you have lots to do" so I think she would understand.

Whatever tomorrow brings for the country the only appropriate words that come to mind are those of Frazer from Dads Army "We are doooomed Captain Mannering, we are dooomed" :joyful:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Hugs for @OldButBold, @DJC3 @Krystyna23040 @Debandez and @Muddy Cyclist. After 43 hr fast my fbg was 4.7 this morning. I find fasting far easier than pretending to enjoy LC eating ("pure" like an on drive or leg stump yorker) but can overdo it which causes problems later (gout due to hydration issues - pee like a horse). Amazing start to the day as granddaughter slept here. Cuddles, dances watching Moana, amazement at illuminated villages, trains, skaters. fairgrounds and Christmas trees seen properly for the first time. The outside world will impinge at some point but for now a little glimpse of Isaiah 35 v10 here - tomorrow can wait. @dunelm - vote early and vote often eh, eat'n swill lives on in places I here.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, just completed my democratic right and on my return, my FBG is 4.3 Total walking distance only a mile or so :) Is this a sign?? I shall break my fast at midday, maybe a crumpet :rolleyes::stop:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, just completed my democratic right and on my return, my FBG is 4.3 Total walking distance only a mile or so :) Is this a sign?? I shall break my fast at midday, maybe a crumpet :rolleyes::stop:
Definitely at least 1 crumpet - might need a companion as they become very agitated on their own. At least they are in the wild. I saw a fascinating documentary about The Crumpets of the Plains. Very niche.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Suddenly starting to feel like a human being again. So much better. Just got back from youngest granddaughter’s nativity play. Best yet ( and I’ve seen a lot!) it was staged like a Strictly Come Dancing show. All the characters told their back story ( how they first heard the news and what they did) then did a dance. So there were the People of Nazereth doing a line dance, the shepherds doing a Morris dance, camels doing the Funky Camel, star of Bethlehem doing a disco dance etc. The judges were a kindly donkey, the innkeeper’s wife and Caesar Augustus as a mean hilarious Craig Revel Horwood character.
It’ll probably be the last nativity play I’ll watch as youngest is now 7 and the older classes don’t take part. A good one to finish on.
Edit for typo