Freestyle Libre Event Log

Whitaker

Hi All, for anyone with a Freestyle Libre, you might have followed Settings - #system Status - Event Log which will give information in the form Date-Time Code. Typical codes might be:
Er0,2014
Er0,2001
Er9,978
Er9,972​
Has anyone found a list explaining what these mean? I can't find anything on the Abbott website.
Thanks.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@Whitaker if you ever have to call Abbotts about a faulty sensor they will ask you to have a look and give them the codes. I do believe that the codes would be an "in-house" thing. Jo Public will probably never get to see the codes or their meanings

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi All, for anyone with a Freestyle Libre, you might have followed Settings - #system Status - Event Log which will give information in the form Date-Time Code. Typical codes might be:
Er0,2014
Er0,2001
Er9,978
Er9,972​
Has anyone found a list explaining what these mean? I can't find anything on the Abbott website.
Thanks.

Some are listed here….
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/137188/list-of-runtime-error-codes/

Ignore the "LibreOffice" part it has nothing to do with Freestyle Libre and is coincidental. I "think" your codes are firmware runtime errors - not really anything to do with diabetes management.

Last edited:

Paul520785

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
An urgent query - not sure if this is the right place but here goes >>>

Just started using freestyle libre -
First one fell of after less than 2 days!
Second one has left a Bright red circle on / in my skin which became visible about a day after removing.
Removed by pulling sensor away then gently peeing off the sticky pad,
NOW - 5 days after removal - itches badly enough to be extremely annoying

My query (After asking Abbot and DSN who were not helpful) IS should I stop using or get a spare wire brush to scratch the itch??

Forgive the humour -

Any Thoughts greatly appreciated >>

Paul T1 for 60+Years

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

Second one has left a Bright red circle on / in my skin which became visible about a day after removing.

My query (After asking Abbot and DSN who were not helpful) IS should I stop using or get a spare wire brush to scratch the itch??

Forgive the humour -

Paul T1 for 60+Years

Hi Paul,
The Libre device is well known for 'contact dermatitis' issues. If you were to use the search bar in the top right corner of this page you can find quite a few threads about it.

I thought that Abbott had 'fixed' this with new style adhesive on the sensors so it's interesting to know that it's still causing problems as I was thinking of trying it again - I gave up almost 2 years ago and it's taken this long for most of the allergy symptoms to subside.

Additionally, there is a Facebook page titled Dexcom and Libre Rash where people are sharing innovative solutions. As to whether you should stop using it you will have to make that call yourself I'm afraid.

Paul520785

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Second one has left a Bright red circle on/ in my skin which became visible about a day after removing.

My query (After asking abbot and DSN who were not helpful) IS should I stop using or get a spare wire brush to scratch the itch??

Forgive the humour -

Paul T1 for 60+Years