Feeling sorry for myself and don't want to moan out loud!

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Not worried if anyone wants to read this, and do not blame them if they don't :) But arrived back from visit to my sons and their families abroad on Monday and have been laid low with a most debilitating cold ever since, feeling really sorry for myself as I just want to shrug off this awful feeling, sugars all over the place, plus time change - jet lag - three things combined are really hitting me hard.

I am tired of appearing ill to husband and family, they probably think I am milking it, but I have and still do - feel rough.

Just had to write it down and get it off my chest, as I say - just using this as a sounding board and realise many people have much worse to contend with :(

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Re: Feeling sorry for myself and don't want to moan out loud

Did I mention that today diabetes is making me :roll: :x !

HpprKM

Dislikes

Sorry to be such a whinge :oops:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.

(((((HUGS))))) I hope you feel better soon :)

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)

Moan away! We all have bad times but jet lag and cold will pass and all you'll remember is the pleasurable times with family

WhitbyJet

HpprKM - you have every right and reason to feel sorry for yourself, saying good bye to your family is never easy, I always cry when waving someone bye bye.

Jetlag and now a cold to boot, not a good combination, you probably caught the cold virus on the plane, time difference weakens your immune system, poor you.
You need to have a good rest, pamper yourself and give yourself time to adjust, if I was there I would make you a decadent luxurious hot low carb hot chocolate with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
(take a mug, mx cocoa powder with sweetener and a spoon of hot water to a paste, fill up 3/4 full with single cream, zap in the microwave for 2 minutes, fill up with water, add a dollop of whipped cream and sip slowly, VERY therapeutic)

Hope you feel better soon and a HUG for you too

HpprKM

Dislikes

Oh yum, yum - what a lovely idea, must try this. Thanks to all you lovely people who understand - I knew you would make me feel better :)

HpprKM

Dislikes

daisy1 said:
(((((HUGS))))) I hope you feel better soon :)
Bless you :)

HpprKM

Dislikes

Gappy said:
Moan away! We all have bad times but jet lag and cold will pass and all you'll remember is the pleasurable times with family
What a nice thought, and so true :wink:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

How about a hot toddy a slug of whisky half a lemon sliced topped up with hot water My old family GP used to say (it may not get rid of your cold but it will make you feel better) :D
Hope you feel better soon
CAROL

squishychickfi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
curry or anything spicy, snakes and mosquitos!

hugs from me too - not nice to be poorly - hope you feel better soon

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

They've said it all! Hugs from me too :D

How about a large brandy? just by itself! :p

Viv 8)

HpprKM

Dislikes

Hi - love the toddy suggestions, feeling a bit better today but this is so very slow in leaving me - it is really frustrating me, so much to do and not feeling like it - but at least I can rely on my forum buddies to help me feel better :) - thanks guys!

ClaireG 06

Hope your feeling better very soon.

I'm off to the Drs later. Not feeling too great either and BGs have gone potty!

danielJP

Oh babe, you sound low. Chin up. Could be worse...

"You know that statistically 1 in 50 of us lives next door to a peeping Tom.
Not me though, I live next door to two a pair of blond nurses"

Now tell me that hasn't cheered you up.

Valhall x

HpprKM

Dislikes

danielJP said:
Oh babe, you sound low. Chin up. Could be worse...

"You know that statistically 1 in 50 of us lives next door to a peeping Tom.
Not me though, I live next door to two a pair of blond nurses"

Now tell me that hasn't cheered you up.

Valhall x

Oh yes, it has, but even better if I lived next door to a pair of blond male nurses :D :D

HpprKM

Dislikes

ClaireG 06 said:
Hope your feeling better very soon.

I'm off to the Drs later. Not feeling too great either and BGs have gone potty!
You too hun :)

nickcave1

the pin prick tests are a waste of time if you don't inject insulin and you can beat yourself forever over high readings. you know if you have eaten a high sugar product and if you have then of course any reading will go up but if you look at it logically stress etc will make a non diabetic feel a bit off so don't worry not every time a diabetic feels ill is down to diabetes.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate

nickcave1 said:
the pin prick tests are a waste of time if you don't inject insulin and you can beat yourself forever over high readings. you know if you have eaten a high sugar product and if you have then of course any reading will go up but if you look at it logically stress etc will make a non diabetic feel a bit off so don't worry not every time a diabetic feels ill is down to diabetes.

Ah you have been well and truly brain washed by your GP and practice nurse. :clap:

Defren

CarbsRok said:
nickcave1 said:

Ah you have been well and truly brain washed by your GP and practice nurse. :clap:

+1 indeed he has.