Type 1'stars R Us

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Karen I would expect a few lows and highs while you get used to being attached to the pump and while you start to sort out your basal profiles

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and good afternoon everyone, it's been a busy few days.
Off to my eye appointment when I finish the school run, driver is kindly dropping me off at the hospital.
Whatever the problem is, or not, I hope I can some answers today and any needed treatment.
Hope you are all having a good day ( it would be dark, dismal and wet on election day) :rolleyes:
Goodluck with eye appointment robs hope you get sorted x

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
A bit of a hectic two days, Diabetes was not good and I feel my energy levels have been zapped. It’s getting more and more difficult to get out of bed. Mood wise, I’m worrying about my bf. His previous employer ended his contract on September 2019 rather than January 2019 after New Years. So that led him getting into trouble with his new employer, they’ve suspended my bf and said it was “false information” when my bf didn’t know his previous employer ended his contract a couple of months ago rather than January. He was in a meeting with the director today to discuss this matter and I hope everything will be okay. I want to curl up into a ball and shut myself out from the real world. But I put on a brave face for my dad, who is the big 60 today. I got him a funny birthday card, hehe.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So my local pharmacy stopped accepting and disposing clinical sharp bins and my local council doesn’t collect clinical sharp bins. I’m left with 3 full sharp bins with nowhere to go with them. I’m left with the option of going to Birmingham to dispose them which is ridiculous.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
So my local pharmacy stopped accepting and disposing clinical sharp bins and my local council doesn’t collect clinical sharp bins. I’m left with 3 full sharp bins with nowhere to go with them. I’m left with the option of going to Birmingham to dispose them which is ridiculous.

My Dr does not take them either. I have to phone the council who swap my full ones with a new one. Give your GP a call to see what they say

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My Dr does not take them either. I have to phone the council who swap my full ones with a new one. Give your GP a call to see what they say

I called my gp surgery and they said I have to go to another pharmacy in town centre to drop off my yellow bins. Which isn’t bad :)

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good: Today is the day our government has decided that from now on the Libre will be funded for all diabetics on insulin who need to test at least 4 times a day. Yes, that includes T2's!

Funny-annoying: I've had various family members and friends bring cheaper sensors from France for me. Which means I have enough self-funded sensors to last me until the end of june or so :banghead: Still, not complaining at all!

Very, very hard: I've called the vet. He'll come over next thursday the 19th to help Old Dog Hidde with dying. It's about time for him. I'm really not sure how to do it all without my closest friend in a week, it already hurts an awful lot.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good: Today is the day our government has decided that from now on the Libre will be funded for all diabetics on insulin who need to test at least 4 times a day. Yes, that includes T2's!

Funny-annoying: I've had various family members and friends bring cheaper sensors from France for me. Which means I have enough self-funded sensors to last me until the and of june or so :banghead: Still, not complaining at all!

Very, very hard: I've called the vet. He''ll come over next thursday the 19th to help Old Dog Hidde with dying. It's about time for him. I'm really not sure how to do it all without my closest friend in a week, it already hurts an awful lot.

Awwwwwww Antje77, that's the hardest thing.

The only time I've had to do that, We knew the time was coming too, but one night, overnight, it became clear the time was upon us, and the vet was able to help later that day.

Look after yourself. It's such a tough time.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very, very hard: I've called the vet. He''ll come over next thursday the 19th to help Old Dog Hidde with dying. It's about time for him. I'm really not sure how to do it all without my closest friend in a week, it already hurts an awful lot.

That’s hard Antje. You take care.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Funny-annoying: I've had various family members and friends bring cheaper sensors from France for me. Which means I have enough self-funded sensors to last me until the and of june or so :banghead: Still, not complaining at all!

Hugs antje take care x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Good news on the libre funding..
The purchased sourced Libres must have been a fun challenge like a "treasure hunt?"

Hidde? There are tough decisions sometimes where compassion is concerned.
Sending you & the hound best wishes.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The purchased sourced Libres must have been a fun challenge like a "treasure hunt?"
It was! A bit of an expensive treasure hunt in hindsight, but great fun nevertheless and I won't forget the smugness I felt with outsmarting the system and saving hundreds of euro's :) So that part is not lost at all!
Hidde? There are tough decisions sometimes where compassion is concerned.
Sending you & the hound best wishes.
Thank you. I'll take your wishes for me as they are and I think I'll translate the wishes for Hidde to liverwurst, he still understands that language very well :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. I'll take your wishes for me as they are and I think I'll translate the wishes for Hidde to liverwurst, he still understands that language very well :)

Well? My belief is a dog is a different species with an un fathomable sense of awairness to our own..
If "liverwurst" is his "thing" then yep..

My wishes are more along the lines of treasuring the good times a thousand fold to you both.
I also believe dogs know how to party, in their own way..

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My wishes are more along the lines of treasuring the good times a thousand fold to you both.
We will! But I'll add liverwurst too to make sure, as that's definitely his 'thing' and there's no need for him to keep a sensible diet now, except for not getting sick, which I'll prevent by keeping the amount more or less moderate :)

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

A wonderful news ! I wish that would happen in the uk

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Antje77 It will probably take a while to actually implement all the paperwork for everyone to actually get a Libre. Plus with so many qualifying there might even be a local shortage. So I would make sure you still go through the process just take your time.

I am so sorry to hear about your beloved dog. It is just so difficult and heart wrenching.