Type 1 Microblading with diabetes

m786xxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I’m just wondering if anyone whose a diabetic type 1 has had microblading done to their eyebrows? Any complications risks? Are we even allowed to do it?

Reactions: Diab_d

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

I’m just wondering if anyone whose a diabetic type 1 has had microblading done to their eyebrows? Any complications risks? Are we even allowed to do it?

It’s up to you what you do with your body, nobody else does the allowing.

Balamum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi

I had my brows micro bladed and powder / combo brows done 10 days ago. My diabetic nurse laughed when I asked if O could have it done! Of course you can. As long as your control is good and follow the after care! So glad I had mine done absolutely love them!
Go get them done and enjoy xx

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I’m getting mine done in the new year and I wouldn’t consider being told no you can’t have them done!

Reactions: pamd.1952

DaneTrott

It’s up to you what you do with your body, nobody else does the allowing.
Not really the question they were asking though. Microblading/tattoos are more of a risk for people with diabetes (especially type 1) because we are more prone to infection. This wasn’t to ask for permission but rather to ask if it’s safe.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not really the question they were asking though. Microblading/tattoos are more of a risk for people with diabetes (especially type 1) because we are more prone to infection. This wasn’t to ask for permission but rather to ask if it’s safe.
No idea what micro blading is but I can speak for tattoos as I have over 10 tattoos of various sizes. My last one healed perfectly with no scabbing and very little blood on my chest and a good 6 hours of work

however my hba1c was also well controlled and I was regularly reading 5 on my meter. I delayed whilst it was 78 until it was below 50 (now at 39). I read somewhere that > 8.5 is too risky.

reasons tattoos can be dangerous is where you don’t heal as well or are prone to infection. If you are well controlled the risk is minimised. There are still recommendations to not tattoo extremities, but we all make our choices.

also pain can cause bloods to change levels. It may be different/riskier for a type 1?