Highs and lows

Vickitub

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m struggling to keep my sugar levels right and it’s driving me nuts. I’m doing the best I can not eating chocolate etc. I’ve been strict with it. Eating smaller portions as well. It’s getting me down to be honest. My levels have gone from 150 to 62 to 74 I’ve no idea how to fix this. Any advice would be great. I’m on 4 units twice a day 8 units once then 10 long acting . I was told to add two to them if I need it but that’s it. No advice from my doc on how to control anything

:(:(:(

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you asked about a DAFNE course (UK)? That may help a lot with understanding how to adjust your dose to what you are eating instead of taking fixed doses regardless of what you eat.
Numbers between 62 and 150 don't look too bad to me, by the way, but it would be even better to understand why your numbers are at what level at different moments.
Good luck!

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I’m struggling to keep my sugar levels right and it’s driving me nuts. I’m doing the best I can not eating chocolate etc. I’ve been strict with it. Eating smaller portions as well. It’s getting me down to be honest. My levels have gone from 150 to 62 to 74 I’ve no idea how to fix this. Any advice would be great. I’m on 4 units twice a day 8 units once then 10 long acting . I was told to add two to them if I need it but that’s it. No advice from my doc on how to control anything

:(:(:(

Back in April you were taking 12 units of long acting, why have you reduced this to 10, was it on doctor's orders?

Are you aware of any patterns? Are you always high at the same time(s) of day?

Vickitub

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Back in April you were taking 12 units of long acting, why have you reduced this to 10, was it on doctor's orders?

Are you aware of any patterns? Are you always high at the same time(s) of day?

Thank you for replying to me. I’m in Ireland so I don’t think we have that here sadly we hardly even have a Dietician in our hospital. I’ll have to do more research as my docs are ticking me off. I appreciate your help more than I can say xx

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Thank you so much, I will look at that . It’s so hard isn’t it. I feel like I was told you have Type 1 diabetes now off you go. Hospitals should at least give a few days learning before you leave hospital.
Xxxx

After 49 years I still find new things daily :)