Defatizing with Optislim by Patch

simsmiller

Patch said:
Hi Andrew,
I've ONLY EVER used Optislim. Get 'em on Lloyds Online (they're v. cheap at the moment - 99p ea.) and there are many more flavours available on line than in store.

Feel free top PM me with any direct Q's.

Thanks

Ehlana

Guys,

How much exercise can you manage to do on this diet? I have started slowly by using the MP max elle shakes twice a day and a protein based meal in the evening plus I am weening myself of the metformin as well. My last long distance run (about 10k) I managed to take 5 minutes of my time. I just wondered what the rest of the guys are managing exercise wise?

pixor

I'm managing about 45 minutes in the gym, mainly on the elliptical trainer.

I actually have more energy, as the "diabetic fog" lifted after a few days of being on the diet.

pixor

Patch said:
Pixor - dodge your HbA1c for AS LONG AS YOU CAN!!! It's a 90 day average, so your previous hi-BG's will push it up, even if your NEW readings are super low-low.

Get a couple of months under your belt for REALLY impresive HbA1c results.

Then rub 'em in your Dr.'s face!!! :twisted:

I got my HbA1c result back, and it's gone from 10.1 to 8.1 in 8 weeks.

I'm very happy to see that amount of change after only 2 months (my Dr was very skeptical that I would manage as much as a change of 1 after 3 months).

My diabetic nurse has been encouraging, and I reckon I can get down to 6-7 in another 3 months. :D

johnts

I also after reading the newcastle university press release ordered optislim 12 week pack plus 18 extra sachets so how are you finding it ive yet to begin using it simply because im away from home looking to start it 27th sept on my return cant find how to pm you unless I need more posts

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It is surprisingly easy.

Make sure you always have a bottle of water handy - and drink plenty of it. Keep a couple of litres in the fridge, and take one if you get hungry on an evening.

johnts

Been reading through your post all I can say is excellent ill be starting mine on tuesday its allready arrived but as I say Im away from home working away.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Go for it. Best of luck to you!

The first 2 weeks are where I saw the greatest results - but I know Bob (Bowell) is seeing great results 4 or 5 weeks in (as are others).

I know it's a cliche - but when you get hungry, grab a bottle of cold water. It definitely takes your mind OFF being hungry. (This was only a problem for me in the first week).

Seriously - drink LOTS of water. The more you drink, the easier it gets.

blacksmarty1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Patch don't be so hard on yourself you did do the whole 8 weeks and got a great result. :p

You wanted to know start and finish points so here goes I have been diagnosed about 3 1/2 years, never been on medication.
start weight 239 lbs = 17st 1 lb (I was 20st 6 lbs 6 years ago)
finish weight 206 lbs = 14st 10 lbs
loss 33 lbs = 14% :lol:
Didn't do much exercise as I suffer from the old chestnut 'mind is willing but body is weak' :roll:
I hope to change that on this next phase. I am going to try and rope in as many mates as I can to come and join me to do a little exercise, which will help to motivate me to do the same. :D

Hope this helps you as we were at similar weights and losses through-out.

regards Diane

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Kenny said:
Patch, did you finish the 8 weeks? Are you in remission now? Are you cured, brother??????

Afraid not, homey. DEFINITELY an improvement, though. Food effects me in a much more predictable way now - so there are definitely benefits.

I've also got less of an appetite than I used to have. I really hope this is permanent!

Also - I'll probably give it another go in the future. Can't see any reason not to make this an annual thing? Maybe set aside Jan/Feb each year to re-set the old digestive system, eh?

Can't do (more?) harm, surely?

Diane said:
loss 33 lbs = 14%

Awesome, awesome work Diane. I am genuinely jealous!

johnts

I wonder if the diet stretched longer than the 8 weeks that would lead to more weight loss further fat removal from the organs and eventually the cure Intresting thing to consider mainly depending how large the person is and what weight they really need to lose re BMI

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Patch

I realize this has become an inactive blog yet I have a few questions.

1) How are you doing these days and how is your BGs levels?
2) How much weight percentage wise have you lost from worst level to current levels?

I have a difficult fork in the road. I've lost 45lbs from worst levels or about 18% of body weight & whilst I don't have a meter to test I know I am still get neuropathy and have it in my hands right now as I type.
I've been very active in exercise 40+ miles a week cycling over 3 days so about 75-80 mins/ outing & other days at the gym. I can sense I am threshold of sorting my endocrine system (I have good periods & bad periods). Yet my body won't give up any weight over the last two + months. I am doing exactly what I was doing in terms of exercise but I've just crawled to a stop weight loss wise.

I am considering going slimfast for about few weeks just to get me over the hump of weight loss and bg control. Some updates from you would be helpful.

JM